FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   How good is the Travelocity credit card? [Originally Mastercard, now Amex] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/978593-how-good-travelocity-credit-card-originally-mastercard-now-amex.html)

paramount Mar 4, 2010 6:29 pm

The documentation was wrong when I received the card. I am still earning the 2 x points for normal purchases and 4 x points for travelocity purchases.

PLEASE DON'T GET RID OF THIS!!!

jld22 Mar 4, 2010 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by cnsoccer (Post 13506586)
What time of the day did you apply? What credit bureau did they pull?

I called to apply at around 10pm. I don't currently have a subscription to a credit monitoring service, so I am not sure which bureau was pulled.

JudyJFLA Mar 5, 2010 9:50 am

Don't forget also on their site it lists the PayUSAtax.com site to pay taxes at 1.95% fee, so at 4% back, you actually make money in travel by paying your taxes!

JudyJFLA

nydad Mar 8, 2010 9:09 am

Just applied over the phone, but didn't get the instant approval. I really want this card!!!!

A quick update:

I learned that I was denied for this card after checking their online application status system (http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/barclays). But a quick call to their credit department (866-408-4064) changed the status from "denied" to "approved."

crhptic Mar 11, 2010 1:15 pm

This one is officially dead. I tried two different reps and a manager at the 800# application line. They no longer have the ability to take apps for the Travelocity card.

It was mentioned that if I had a printed application, I could still send it in, but never having seen a paper application or knowing where to get one, I think it's pretty much dead.

I'm bummed I didn't get it, but I also wonder if the reason that the card was killed off is because the benefits were too generous, and that existing cardholders will soon get a devaluation. I hope not, but sadly it wouldn't surprise me.

paramount Mar 11, 2010 7:41 pm

I'm waiting anxiously to see what they do with active card holders.

profxfiles Mar 12, 2010 6:52 am

Originally Posted by paramount (Post 13559891)
I'm waiting anxiously to see what they do with active card holders.

Me too--Ive been building up nice pool of points for a trip of Xmas, and they better not devalue them on me or I will bail instantly....

crhptic Mar 12, 2010 9:01 am

Originally Posted by profxfiles (Post 13562050)
Me too--Ive been building up nice pool of points for a trip of Xmas, and they better not devalue them on me or I will bail instantly....

Why not just use them now? It's not too early to book for Xmas.

paramount Mar 12, 2010 10:57 am

Originally Posted by crhptic (Post 13562829)
Why not just use them now? It's not too early to book for Xmas.

Kind of early to buy tickets for then.

HCA Mar 12, 2010 11:26 am

I guess I really wait too long. However, I doubt the benefit and reward structure probably won't last long. Thus probably I am not losing too much.

somdave2005 Mar 12, 2010 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by HCA (Post 13563785)
I guess I really wait too long. However, I doubt the benefit and reward structure probably won't last long. Thus probably I am not losing too much.

ALL programs are at risk of devaluation, including the beloved SPG program.

If they change the travelocity program, I'm just going to cancel the card. It has an annual fee, so it has to be worth it to me to keep the card. and I still have my SPG and Schwab card to fall back on.

nydad Mar 12, 2010 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by somdave2005 (Post 13565313)
If they change the travelocity program, I'm just going to cancel the card... I still have my SPG and Schwab card to fall back on.

My sentiment exactly, though I really hope that Barclays keeps it just as it is.

g50 Mar 14, 2010 6:30 pm

Called Barclays today to see if they knew what the status on then card was. After being transferred and put on hold a few times, I was told you can only apply by mail or online. They felt the card was not going away.
She could not figure out why the application online did not work but would pass on the information.
After I hung up, I searched for an application online.

Notice how it says:
"This promotion has expired." Could it be that the $50 promo and the bonus points promo have expired and they never made a link to a basic application with out the bonuses? I never saw the card at barclaysus.com
http://leisure.travelocity.com/Promo...p_main,00.html

I also called travelocity. They hadn't heard the card was going away as well. They told me to call Juniper (Barclays).

Today,online, I was able to add my wife to my acct. She should have her card in 7 days. All very strange. We will see.

g50 Mar 14, 2010 7:52 pm

Used a $1600 credit for 3 DL tickets and 3 nights for a jr suite at the Hilton Cancun. Called Hilton Diamond desk to add my Hilton number and they told me they would add my # for my benefits but I would not earn points. I called Travelocity and asked if I could change the hotel to the Le Meridien where I would earn points but they said it would be a $250.97 penalty. So I stayed with Hilton.
We did get to use the lounge for breakfast, evening hors d'oeuvres and drinks.
WiFi was $35 us a night but changed my "my way" to free wifi because was already in a suite and did not get an upgrade.

So for 40k spend I got what would have cost 50k spend on the Hilton card and 105k for 3 DL coach low rewards. We only would have gotten a standard room not a two room suite with a huge balcony and hot tub. We were all upgrade to F both ways and earned about 12k DL points.
Lost about 5k Hilton points that I wouldn't have earned anyway on a reward stay. No way is this category 7 hotel. Wish We stayed at the Ritz for another 10k or so.

Please keep this card.

somdave2005 Mar 14, 2010 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by g50 (Post 13576112)
Used a $1600 credit for 3 DL tickets and 3 nights for a jr suite at the Hilton Cancun. Called Hilton Diamond desk to add my Hilton number and they told me they would add my # for my benefits but I would not earn points. I called Travelocity and asked if I could change the hotel to the Le Meridien where I would earn points but they said it would be a $250.97 penalty. So I stayed with Hilton.
We did get to use the lounge for breakfast, evening hors d'oeuvres and drinks.
WiFi was $35 us a night but changed my "my way" to free wifi because was already in a suite and did not get an upgrade.

So for 40k spend I got what would have cost 50k spend on the Hilton card and 105k for 3 DL coach low rewards. We only would have gotten a standard room not a two room suite with a huge balcony and hot tub. We were all upgrade to F both ways and earned about 12k DL points.
Lost about 5k Hilton points that I wouldn't have earned anyway on a reward stay. No way is this category 7 hotel. Wish We stayed at the Ritz for another 10k or so.

Please keep this card.

How do you know if you're going to get hotel points at specific chain or not?