Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2017, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Sept., 2023, 75K miles after $5K spend. LINK: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...ss-mastercard/

check business card application status: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...NERID=BUSINESS

Benefits guide: https://static.barclaycardus.com/ser...BAR-7809-0.pdf

Reconsideration phone # 1-866-710-2688 or 866-408-4064

Print Wikipost

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2021, 4:52 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by onetouchpass
New to FT, so I thought I'd make my first post a (hopefully) interesting and helpful DP.

And welcome to FlyerTalk onetouchpass
onetouchpass likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 12:25 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Can you transfer credit limits from the personal aviator card to this biz aviator?
Old Apr 29, 2021, 4:03 pm

Just signed up for this card again and yikes, I'd forgotten what an absolute ****show the user interface is. It requires real effort to make something this terrible and user-hostile.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 4:09 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by beltway
.... It requires real effort to make something this terrible and user-hostile.
What is it that you cannot do? I believe the user interface is outsourced because it is identical to what was used, until recently, by an unrelated issuer. For all I know the customer service may also be outsourced.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by mia
What is it that you cannot do? I believe the user interface is outsourced because it is identical to what was used, until recently, by an unrelated issuer. For all I know the customer service may also be outsourced.
There is literally no way to set up automatic monthly payments short of involving a CSR, as has been discussed upthread & in many other fora.

But beyond that, the icons and menu behaviors are IMO profoundly non-intuitive.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by beltway
There is literally no way to set up automatic monthly payments short of involving a CSR, as has been discussed upthread & in many other fora.

But beyond that, the icons and menu behaviors are IMO profoundly non-intuitive.
There is a way. I had mine setup for automatic payments along with my JetBlue Business card (uses same crappy interface).
Make sure you login with the "corporate" userid you chose.
On the left-hand side is a set of icons. Select the Payments one
Then select:
Setup Repeat Payments
Your choices are then: Minimum amount due, Statement Balance, Fixed Amount.
EmailKid and tstauck like this.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 11:49 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Discussion from this time last year suggests that the option to setup Repeat payments may not be displayed when the account is new.
beltway likes this.
Old May 1, 2021, 5:59 am

Do you guys know which account I should be paying? On the AviatorBusinessCard site, there is the account that has the physical credit card number, then there is the company account; both show the same transactions but different balances. Should I set up repeat payments and pay the account with the physical credit card number or the company account?
Old May 2, 2021, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 355F1
Can you transfer credit limits from the personal aviator card to this biz aviator?
I doubt it, but you may to contact them to find out for sure. The fact that the biz aviator uses a totally different website than the personal Barclays cards implies that it's handled by a totally different division of Barclays.
Old May 9, 2021, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list
My DW applied for this card a couple hours ago. She got the "need more time to review your application" message. Hard pull via TU. Will update when Barclays makes a decision.
This is her first card app. in a year.
Old May 14, 2021, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Discussion from this time last year suggests that the option to setup Repeat payments may not be displayed when the account is new.
My first statement closed two days ago, and the option for automatic payments suddenly appeared.
mia and hurnik like this.
Old May 18, 2021, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by philemer
My DW applied for this card a couple hours ago. She got the "need more time to review your application" message. Hard pull via TU. Will update when Barclays makes a decision.
This is her first card app. in a year.
Approved today! I was surprised b/c my DW last had this card from 2/2019>2/2020.
EmailKid likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2021, 6:39 am

Applied 6/6/21. Website just updated to say that as of 6/18/21 (i.e., today) I was approved with a $1k limit. Just churning this card so whatever, but surprised it took so long and only a $1k limit since I haven't really had any issues getting other business cards (I mean, Citi gave me a $16k limit lol). But ultimately all irrelevant anyway.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 9:33 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Do Barclays Business cards show on your personal credit report and count towards Chase 5/24?
Old Jun 27, 2021, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Isochronous
Do Barclays Business cards show on your personal credit report and count towards Chase 5/24?
No.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.