Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2017, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Dr Jabadski
Before applying, please note
B of A's restrictions (2-3-4 rule, UPDATED: as of Sept 28,2019 possibly 3/12 for new customers and 7/12 for existing customers. See thread for ongoing discussion) on approving applications:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cred...24-months.html

Nestled in the terms and conditions of all of the personal Alaska Airlines credit card offers:
"This card will not be available to you if you currently have or have had the card in the preceding 24 month period. This does not apply to the business credit card product."

More info on the COMPANION FARE cert can be found here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...-fare-faq.html

This thread is a continuation from THIS discussion (2012-2016)
Concurrent discussion here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...017-later.html

As additional resources for these cards, see the following threads in the Alaska Airlines forum
Please do not delete non working offers because sometimes they start working again. Instead move them to the prior offers section.

PERSONAL CARDS

Current offers:
All offers below are DEAD
72K offer
: 72K offer
70K offer: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/cr...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
70K + $100 statement credit: click on the direct link to offer in the DoC article...https://www.doctorofcredit.com/bank-...0-miles-offer/

Prior offers:
50k miles + companion fare, $75 AF, $2k spend (Live Jan 2021 to May 2021)
40k miles + $100 + companion fare, $75 AF, $2k spend

As of December 2018, Bank of America no longer gives you a lower bonus if you're approved for Platinum instead of Signature.

Make sure to opt-in to "Partner Offers" within your Mileage Plan account if you wish to be targeted for single-use application links with increases bonuses.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check Personal Card application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

Personal card Recon Lines:
1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"
or 888-230-6262

================================================== =======================

BUSINESS CARDS

Current offers:
Now 50k $95 AF $100 Stmt credit $4k spending https://www.alaskaair.com/content/cr...-business-card

Prior offers:
40K>70K

Read post 844 for tips on being approved for the business card.
It may be easier to get approved for a new business with 0 years and $0 gross income.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

Business card Recon Line:
April 2024: BOA Biz Recon (Small Biz Lending, Credit Analyst) 888-782-7717, 888-569-4439 (M-F 8am-7pm EST), both answered by live human in 2-4 minutes. (Both numbers confirmed multiple times in the past 2-3 days.)
866-695-6598 (8-7pm EST M-F)
Biz card status line: 888 663 6262 (not working)
Biz Card credit analyst line: 888-782-7717
Biz card expedited shipping: wait 24 hours after approval for a card number to generate then call 800-901-9830 and a person will answer. If 1st Rep says "no" ask him/her to ck. with a supervisor. This worked for me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Inquiries
Credit Inquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Inquiries for business cards come from FIA.
Credit bureaus usually merge inquiries from the same requester made on the same day.
Inquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

Does one have to call BoA to lower a card's credit limit?
Yes, there is no longer any way to contact BOA online. Phone is the only method currently.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.

Can you send a secure message through your account online?
No. BOA has removed the secure message functionality, even for Preferred members. The only way to contact BOA now is to call them.

Can I apply for another personal Alaska card if I have one open already?
Some people still can, but these days many people get denied. If you don't want to risk getting denied, it's probably better if you close any existing personal Alaska cards before applying for another one. But be sure to lower credit limit as low as possible at least a few business days before you close the card (though the earlier you can do it the better), because credit limit that's left on the card when you close it stays unavailable to new card applications for a year or more (while credit limit that's lowered as a separate step becomes available to new card applications much sooner)!

.................................................. .................

Use or earn Mileage Plan miles with Alaska's Global Partners
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...tners-overview

Print Wikipost

Bank of America Alaska Airlines card

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2019, 9:45 am

DP here. Approved for 2nd BOA Alaska biz card using the 0/$0 suggestion (also have personal Alaska). Dropped credit limit of 1st card to $1K approx 10 days prior.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 1:41 pm

Is there a way to decrease limit online by sending a message? I didnt see an option on how to.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 3:46 pm

Just got 2 BofA biz cards in January (cash rewards, travel rewards). No other cards or accounts with BofA. I was thinking of applying for the Alaska biz card. How long should I wait before applying for it? Any other advice?
My info: 775 FICO8, 80k income, 6 TU pulls in 24 mos. Last pull was a week ago, previous was the 2 BofA cards in Jan, and before that was August '18.

Originally Posted by edusoc27
Just wanted to bump this post in case anyone knew, as I am in the same situation!
866-695-6598, used it for each of the 2 cards back in January. Be prepared to give your life story, each call took 30 mins+.

Last edited by 808traveler; Apr 9, 2019 at 3:49 pm Reason: clarification
Old Apr 10, 2019, 10:38 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
In the wiki for business card, it says "To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan". However, the app only presents the business earning plan (50 + 25 per card) to me. How can I choose the individual plan?
Old Apr 10, 2019, 11:30 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
Originally Posted by italdesign
In the wiki for business card, it says "To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan". However, the app only presents the business earning plan (50 + 25 per card) to me. How can I choose the individual plan?
Old information. Does not appear to be available anymore beginning the end of 2018.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 11:32 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
DP:

Approved with precertified mailer.

SO has had personal and closed 2 years ago. Has open business card. At LOL/24. Received letter with code inviting to apply (from alaska not from BOA).

Applied and auto approved for the 40k offer.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 10:31 am

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
Approved for business card after about 36 hours pending. New business, $1 revenue. Have two existing AS personal cards. Last BOA app ~ 9 months ago, ~ 4/24.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by professorpoints
DP here. Approved for 2nd BOA Alaska biz card using the 0/$0 suggestion (also have personal Alaska). Dropped credit limit of 1st card to $1K approx 10 days prior.
"2nd" meaning you had one before and closed it? Or do you have an open AS Biz and got another one?

If closed, when did you open it and how long before you closed it? What was the time frame from close to applying?

If you have an existing AS Biz card, when did you open it and how much spend do you put on it? Did you use EIN or SSN or combination of the both for the apps?

Thanks
jiaogulan and 808traveler like this.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 8:12 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
SO applied for bz card - pending
Then applied for Personal - same PC, 1 min later - approved
Then I did - Personal - Pending !
:-(
Old Apr 15, 2019, 10:32 am
cnn

Miles posted time

"Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week."
My BofA account statement closed last Mon (Apr 08) and as
of this Mon morning, miles haven't been shown up in my AS account yet. Should I wait one more week or call BofA? Thanks.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 12:12 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by cnn
"Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week."
My BofA account statement closed last Mon (Apr 08) and as
of this Mon morning, miles haven't been shown up in my AS account yet. Should I wait one more week or call BofA? Thanks.
Check your statement. I just had a similar issue where it took over a week and then I realized it had the wrong Alaska number. They claimed I didn’t put mine on and so they gave me a new number.

i called and the CSR said 7-10 days to get the miles...got them within two days.
808traveler likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 6:24 am

Applied for business and personal on same day late March. Both went to pending. Personal denied due to BofA chargeoff 9 years ago. Business approved. Applied for second business on April 10th. Went to pending. Called recon, was told denied due to duplicate application on the same tax ID. Asked if they could split CL into 2 cards, pulled my credit again and voilą. 2 business cards
808traveler likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 2:15 pm

business card still churnable?

Anyone know if the Alaska Business card is still churnable?

Now that they made the changes in 2019 to end the personal card 2/3/4 rules and go to a 1 in 24 months, wondering if the business card can still be churned at any rate?
Old Apr 19, 2019, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by jfish1000
Anyone know if the Alaska Business card is still churnable?

Now that they made the changes in 2019 to end the personal card 2/3/4 rules and go to a 1 in 24 months, wondering if the business card can still be churned at any rate?
see post #1362
Old Apr 19, 2019, 3:29 pm

I just closed my biz card I got a month ago and also asked and GOT my annual fee refunded. Not sure if people do this on a regular basis, but wanted to mention that it was very easy to ask the CSR for the refund of the annual fee. I didn't lower my CL before I closed my card because I didn't know that I should do this with business cards as well. Didn't think I'd apply for one of these soon, but reading replies above makes me think that I should as it seems to work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.