Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2017, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Dr Jabadski
Before applying, please note
B of A's restrictions (2-3-4 rule, UPDATED: as of Sept 28,2019 possibly 3/12 for new customers and 7/12 for existing customers. See thread for ongoing discussion) on approving applications:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cred...24-months.html

Nestled in the terms and conditions of all of the personal Alaska Airlines credit card offers:
"This card will not be available to you if you currently have or have had the card in the preceding 24 month period. This does not apply to the business credit card product."

More info on the COMPANION FARE cert can be found here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...-fare-faq.html

This thread is a continuation from THIS discussion (2012-2016)
Concurrent discussion here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...017-later.html

As additional resources for these cards, see the following threads in the Alaska Airlines forum
Please do not delete non working offers because sometimes they start working again. Instead move them to the prior offers section.

PERSONAL CARDS

Current offers:
All offers below are DEAD
72K offer
: 72K offer
70K offer: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/cr...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
70K + $100 statement credit: click on the direct link to offer in the DoC article...https://www.doctorofcredit.com/bank-...0-miles-offer/

Prior offers:
50k miles + companion fare, $75 AF, $2k spend (Live Jan 2021 to May 2021)
40k miles + $100 + companion fare, $75 AF, $2k spend

As of December 2018, Bank of America no longer gives you a lower bonus if you're approved for Platinum instead of Signature.

Make sure to opt-in to "Partner Offers" within your Mileage Plan account if you wish to be targeted for single-use application links with increases bonuses.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check Personal Card application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

Personal card Recon Lines:
1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"
or 888-230-6262

================================================== =======================

BUSINESS CARDS

Current offers:
Now 50k $95 AF $100 Stmt credit $4k spending https://www.alaskaair.com/content/cr...-business-card

Prior offers:
40K>70K

Read post 844 for tips on being approved for the business card.
It may be easier to get approved for a new business with 0 years and $0 gross income.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

Business card Recon Line:
April 2024: BOA Biz Recon (Small Biz Lending, Credit Analyst) 888-782-7717, 888-569-4439 (M-F 8am-7pm EST), both answered by live human in 2-4 minutes. (Both numbers confirmed multiple times in the past 2-3 days.)
866-695-6598 (8-7pm EST M-F)
Biz card status line: 888 663 6262 (not working)
Biz Card credit analyst line: 888-782-7717
Biz card expedited shipping: wait 24 hours after approval for a card number to generate then call 800-901-9830 and a person will answer. If 1st Rep says "no" ask him/her to ck. with a supervisor. This worked for me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Inquiries
Credit Inquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Inquiries for business cards come from FIA.
Credit bureaus usually merge inquiries from the same requester made on the same day.
Inquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

Does one have to call BoA to lower a card's credit limit?
Yes, there is no longer any way to contact BOA online. Phone is the only method currently.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.

Can you send a secure message through your account online?
No. BOA has removed the secure message functionality, even for Preferred members. The only way to contact BOA now is to call them.

Can I apply for another personal Alaska card if I have one open already?
Some people still can, but these days many people get denied. If you don't want to risk getting denied, it's probably better if you close any existing personal Alaska cards before applying for another one. But be sure to lower credit limit as low as possible at least a few business days before you close the card (though the earlier you can do it the better), because credit limit that's left on the card when you close it stays unavailable to new card applications for a year or more (while credit limit that's lowered as a separate step becomes available to new card applications much sooner)!

.................................................. .................

Use or earn Mileage Plan miles with Alaska's Global Partners
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...tners-overview

Print Wikipost

Bank of America Alaska Airlines card

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2019, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by shimps1
My wife opened the Alaska Biz card, and has had the bonus post. I remember in the past there was a thought to hold the card for a year before closing. Is that still the case? It has been opened for roughly two statement cycles. Was there a reason for this, or just for credit preservation?

Being in DSM, there is no use for the travel benefits of holding the card. We will use the miles on partner flights.
I kept my Business card for 1 year then canceled. I am not sure, but my gut feel is it just looks a tad better to BoA in case I need it in the future. It's still a cancel and using the card for the bonus, but it wasn't anymore difficult on me to just keep it around. It's also nice to have the card if you need to generate some quick Alaska miles to top off an award redemption and you don't want to use the shopping portal or buy miles.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Alan Lun
I got a mailer for Alaska Personal card.
Does this physical mailer bypass the 24month rule?

If not... then I'm not sure why they keep sending me mailer spam when I last opened the account less than 24 months ago.
I have a similar situation. I applied two months ago and was declined due to too many recent accounts opened (not with BofA).
However, since then, I keep receiving "pre-selected" offers for the card.
I assume the answer would still be "no" if I applied using the targeted offer?
Old Jul 12, 2019, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by OskiBear
I have a similar situation. I applied two months ago and was declined due to too many recent accounts opened (not with BofA).
Correct assumption. "NO"
Old Jul 14, 2019, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

DP

Data point-

Applied last night for the AS Business card. It's for a rental house we bought in Dec, 2014. It has always lost a little money because I keep the rent low for a family member.

I applied using my name, $0 in "sales", EIN, with a start date of 12/2014. CR was pulled this morning.

App. is pending. Anxious to see what extra info they will request. Will follow up here.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by OskiBear
The department that sends out the "offers" is totally different from the department that evaluates your app. They don't know or care if you qualify for a bonus, they'd just like to up their stats by getting more sign ups. If you apply without realizing you won't get a bonus, they don't care at all.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 3:15 pm

Programs: AA, UA.
Hi
I have personal BOA card, and rec'd a letter to invite me to apply BOA Business card with special promote code. I apply and rec'd the card past Monday, Today I rec'd a letter from BOA :
"We'd like to remind you about the special offer we mode when you applied for your card:
Get a $100 statement credit* when you make at least $500 in net purchases within 60 days of your account opening"

I check the letter from BOA, did not mention this $100 statement credit.
Has any rec'd statement credit for business card ? I know the personal card has $100 credit back then when you spend $1000.

Thanks!
Old Jul 27, 2019, 12:12 am

Originally Posted by philemer
Data point-

Applied last night for the AS Business card. It's for a rental house we bought in Dec, 2014. It has always lost a little money because I keep the rent low for a family member.

I applied using my name, $0 in "sales", EIN, with a start date of 12/2014. CR was pulled this morning.

App. is pending. Anxious to see what extra info they will request. Will follow up here.
any update?
Old Jul 27, 2019, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Data point-

Originally Posted by gnomey
any update?
yes, same song and dance as the last time I applied with another business.
Send in 2 yrs of tax returns. There were 2 other options that applied to Corps that didn't apply to me as a sole prop. Don't think I want the card that bad.

I'm sure BofA just wants to verify a legit business & that is fine. I'm not sure what the results would have been if I had stated start date of this month but I was being honest.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 4:13 pm

yes, same song and dance as the last time I applied with another business.
Send in 2 yrs of tax returns. There were 2 other options that applied to Corps that didn't apply to me as a sole prop. Don't think I want the card that bad.

I'm sure BofA just wants to verify a legit business & that is fine. I'm not sure what the results would have been if I had stated start date of this month but I was being honest.
Thanks - do you happen to have any accounts with BOA? personal or business checking acc
i figured i will get the same song or dance too.. have had that request for the past 2 times i tried to apply, urghhhh
Old Jul 27, 2019, 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gnomey
Thanks - do you happen to have any accounts with BOA? personal or business checking acc
i figured i will get the same song or dance too.. have had that request for the past 2 times i tried to apply, urghhhh
No, no accts with BofA. I asked the rep. if I could open a CD, or secured card, instead of sending in tax returns and he said no, not an option for me.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 2:36 pm

So, I applied for the biz card about this time last year. I received the "we need tax documents" inquiry, which I provided. I ended up being denied on the basis that my business was too new and I didn't have enough credit history. My situation was genuinely sort of unique in that I have a real business and I started out as a sole proprietor, but then I incorporated at the end of 2017. So in their eyes, the business was only about 8 months old. I of course tried explaining this (I actually had the business AS card previously as a sole proprietor as well), but it didn't matter. I was denied.

Anyway, I was thinking about applying again now that the business is technically 20 months old, but it sounds like the hoops are all still there and most people still get denied so I'm on the fence. I have opened at least two business cards under this EIN, but I don't even know if that's enough. I've only seen one (instant) approval in the last few months here reported for the business card. It also seems like the new business idea hasn't worked much lately either.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 3:38 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Quick question: Will I get the sign up bonus when I meet the spend in the following scenario?

1. Instant approval today for the 40K/$100 personal card
2. I canceled the personal card 15 months ago
Old Aug 6, 2019, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Preacher7
Quick question: Will I get the sign up bonus when I meet the spend in the following scenario?

1. Instant approval today for the 40K/$100 personal card
2. I canceled the personal card 15 months ago
Yes.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 12:58 pm

Yes.
Why is this a yes?
This seems to conflict with "This card will not be available to you if you currently have or have had the card in the preceding 24 month period. This does not apply to the business credit card product."
Old Aug 8, 2019, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by Travelchurner
Why is this a yes?
This seems to conflict with "This card will not be available to you if you currently have or have had the card in the preceding 24 month period. This does not apply to the business credit card product."

I believe 'This card will bot be available" but op already got the card so s/he is eligible for the bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.