Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator PERSONAL Card (2016 - 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 28, 2016, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Personal Card
Click here to get the same offer (see below) with the annual fee waived the first year. First try entering code 999999 in the box at the top of the page. Apparently this offer is from an AA employee selling the card inflight, but it seems to be open to everyone. But publishing that employee's code online could get the employee in trouble. If 999999 doesn't work, use employee code 356467. Note: You will NOT get a $99 Companion Certificate as part of your bonus when the annual fee is waived.
Language from the web offer page: Anniversary Companion Certificate: Each anniversary year; earn a Companion Certificate good for 1 guest at $99 (plus taxes and fees) after spending $20,000 on purchases and your account remains open for 45 days after your anniversary date. There is NO LANGUAGE in this offer regarding a "complimentary" companion certificate.

AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard
1. 70K offer https://cards.barclaycardus.com/cred...0-8f2f74651285 DEAD

2. 60,000 bonus miles and $99 Companion Certificate after first purchase and paying the $99 annual fee
Offer landing page: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/card...astercard.html

The offer fine print:
The primary cardmember will earn sixty thousand (60,000) AAdvantage® bonus miles after a purchase is made on the card account within ninety (90) days of card account opening and the annual fee has been paid. Please allow 4-6 weeks for the AAdvantage®bonus miles to be deposited into your AAdvantage® account. Balance transfers and cash advances do not qualify as purchases. This offer may be canceled at any time without notice.

In addition to the sixty thousand (60,000) AAdvantage® bonus miles, the primary cardmember will earn one (1) domestic economy fare American Airlines introductory Companion Certificate redeemable for one (1) companion ticket at $99 (plus taxes and fees) after a purchase is made on the card account within ninety (90) days of card account opening and the annual fee has been paid. Please allow 8-10 weeks for delivery of the Companion Certificate after the qualifying purchase has posted to your card account and the annual fee has been paid. Balance transfers and cash advances do not qualify as purchases. This offer may be canceled at any time without notice.

This one-time offer is valid for eligible cardmembers. You may not be eligible for this offer if you currently have or previously had an account with us in this program.
There are data points indicating that this is not always enforced: See posts 439, 496, 514, 516, 517, 538, 835

As of Sept. 2017, most people applying for an Aviator card are being denied, "instantly" by a computer, if they already have an Aviator card open. As of Dec. 2017, most people applying for an Aviator card are being denied, even by recon, if they already have an Aviator card open. It had been that current and previous Aviator Red (US Airways Converted) cardmembers were not subject to the 24-month restriction. This seems to have changed as far as current card holders applying for a second, concurrent card. (See posts #185, 193, 194, 195, 198, 199, 211, 220, 247, 290, 527, 529, 532)

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

Business Card, see this thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cred...-card-50k.html

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

RECON. PHONE NUMBERS
Reported phone numbers to call for reconsideration include 866-371-4787, (post 303), 866-205-5973 (post 659), 866-408-4064 (multiple posts), 866-408-4065 (from post #2 in recon thread), 866-369-1283 (from post #7 in recon thread). Other posters have called the general customer service number and asked to be transferred to a credit analyst.

It appears that if your SUB includes the $95 AF (annual fee), Barclays doesn't post the AF until the 2nd statement. Thus, it will be a min. of 2 statements before you see your SUB points. This is only if the SUB requires the AF (as opposed to some SUBs that just have the $x,xxx in purchases with no AF).

There have been at least two cases in July 2023 where Barclays posted the AF prior to the first statement. In both of those cases, the cardholder paid the AF and other balance prior to the closing date. The SUB was issued as of the first statement for one these accounts. It may be the second one was too close to the closing date.

Posting of points from Barclays SUB to AA seem to take 3-7 days after the SUB posts on the Barclays Statement.

Print Wikipost

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator PERSONAL Card (2016 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2017, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by FPmiles
Currently have the original usairways legacy 10k anniversary and tried to recon twice so far to get the 2nd card approved...

Last DP was about 2 weeks ago. Not sure why I'm facing a road block. Any tips / suggestions?

to follow up with this, I recon 3 times so far and they are not budging at all to approve my 2nd card.

Looks like the method to get 2 cards approve is dying? Anybody with an extremely recent DP within late october or november dp only please.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 7:44 pm

Programs: AOPA
Originally Posted by FPmiles
to follow up with this, I recon 3 times so far and they are not budging at all to approve my 2nd card.

Looks like the method to get 2 cards approve is dying? Anybody with an extremely recent DP within late october or november dp only please.

once you call recon, they will have a record of you calling and note on application that they have denined you. They will not approve you no matter how many time you called. Just cancel the old card and wait 30 days to reapply again.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can confirm the 10K anniversary miles showed up on the statement of the anniversary month, and then showed up in AA account 2 days later.
The Q3 bonus earning miles also showed up.

Now with this out of the way, the card will be canceled end of this week to make room for a new Aviator card, if the current theme of successful re-apply after cancellation of old cards continues.
Robl likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 10:53 am

Programs: AA, UAL
Originally Posted by nwflyboy
Sad trombone...
The offer seems to be up again if you would like to apply!

Cheers!
Old Nov 8, 2017, 11:30 am

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
Originally Posted by Happy
...Now with this out of the way, the card will be canceled end of this week to make room for a new Aviator card, if the current theme of successful re-apply after cancellation of old cards continues.
So, what's the most non-hassle way to cancel with Barclays? Can you do it by SM or do you have to call? Their webpage says to call in.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fredc84
So, what's the most non-hassle way to cancel with Barclays? Can you do it by SM or do you have to call? Their webpage says to call in.
SM. Pretty sure you can ask again if being turned down by SM the first request. I dont think you need to call in at all if SM function is available.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA, UAL
Have opened Aviator Red card in June, have used it twice to get the bonus, am tempted to close and reapply after reading through this thread and success stories. People who cancelled and reapplied, did you put a lot of spend on the card?

I did read some posts here which state Barclays likes to see a lot of spend on the card. Anyone who used it minimally and got second approval?

Thanks!
Old Nov 8, 2017, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fromfall98
Have opened Aviator Red card in June, have used it twice to get the bonus, am tempted to close and reapply after reading through this thread and success stories. People who cancelled and reapplied, did you put a lot of spend on the card?

I did read some posts here which state Barclays likes to see a lot of spend on the card. Anyone who used it minimally and got second approval?

Thanks!
Some people have suggested that if you always keep at least one card with Barclays, you have better chance of getting their cards. If you completely severe the relationship, the next go round would be much harder. So keep that in mind on what you would like to do next.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 2:56 pm

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
SM. Pretty sure you can ask again if being turned down by SM the first request. I dont think you need to call in at all if SM function is available.
Thanks.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 4:16 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Applied today -- went pending. What's the latest wisdom on whether to recon?

Previous history with Barclaycard:
  • Arrival+ #1 opened 8/12/2015, PC to Barclaycard Rewards on 7/27/2016, sock drawered (kept alive with $1/yr purchases)
  • Arrival+ #2 opened 11/8/2016, closed 5/31/2017
  • Aviator #1 opened 2/15/2017, closed 9/22/2017
  • JetBlue opened 11/8/2017 (earlier today)
  • Aviator #2 applied 11/8/2017, pending

I'm at LOL/24 overall.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 6:40 pm

The (business card) offer seems to be up again if you would like to apply
Here's the link: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...3&cellNumber=4
Old Nov 8, 2017, 8:47 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by teddy25
once you call recon, they will have a record of you calling and note on application that they have denined you. They will not approve you no matter how many time you called. Just cancel the old card and wait 30 days to reapply again.
In my case, as I reported upthread, I applied for a new Aviator while having one open, went pending, called the usual reconsideration line and an agent told me I was denied for already having a card, no reconsideration possible, decision final, etc. I then called the usual customer service number, asked for a manager, asked manager to be transferred to a credit analyst, credit analyst ran credit check and approved me.

Can confirm the 10K anniversary miles showed up on the statement of the anniversary month, and then showed up in AA account 2 days later.
The Q3 bonus earning miles also showed up.

Now with this out of the way, the card will be canceled end of this week to make room for a new Aviator card, if the current theme of successful re-apply after cancellation of old cards continues.
Personally, I intend to hold on to my Aviator that has the annual bonus miles. Especially since I was able to get a new card with the 60k offer. If I need to close a card, it'll be the new one that doesn't have the anniversary bonus.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by anabolism
In my case, as I reported upthread, I applied for a new Aviator while having one open, went pending, called the usual reconsideration line and an agent told me I was denied for already having a card, no reconsideration possible, decision final, etc. I then called the usual customer service number, asked for a manager, asked manager to be transferred to a credit analyst, credit analyst ran credit check and approved me.

Personally, I intend to hold on to my Aviator that has the annual bonus miles. Especially since I was able to get a new card with the 60k offer. If I need to close a card, it'll be the new one that doesn't have the anniversary bonus.
As you can see not everyone is successful in getting a new card while still having the existing card open. Some folks also dont want to go thru the recon hassle and may still be denied. Just a few posts above yours, someone tried 3 times recon and is firmly denied on another card because he has an existing one. These days 10K AA miles do not worth $89 in my book. It is the LEAST useful miles among the main domestic program. Worse than DL miles starting from 2.5 to 3 years ago.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 11:35 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
...These days 10K AA miles do not worth $89 in my book. It is the LEAST useful miles among the main domestic program. Worse than DL miles starting from 2.5 to 3 years ago.
Definitely agree.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 9:32 am

The offer seems to be up again if you would like to apply!

Cheers!
I applied last night using the new link for the business card, the application went pending with a message ( .....we will contact you for more information...) i used my legit business information to apply, it might be the reason, we'll see. last app with barclays was the aviator Red (personal) 9 days ago... auto approved.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.