Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator PERSONAL Card (2016 - 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 28, 2016, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Personal Card
Click here to get the same offer (see below) with the annual fee waived the first year. First try entering code 999999 in the box at the top of the page. Apparently this offer is from an AA employee selling the card inflight, but it seems to be open to everyone. But publishing that employee's code online could get the employee in trouble. If 999999 doesn't work, use employee code 356467. Note: You will NOT get a $99 Companion Certificate as part of your bonus when the annual fee is waived.
Language from the web offer page: Anniversary Companion Certificate: Each anniversary year; earn a Companion Certificate good for 1 guest at $99 (plus taxes and fees) after spending $20,000 on purchases and your account remains open for 45 days after your anniversary date. There is NO LANGUAGE in this offer regarding a "complimentary" companion certificate.

AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard
1. 70K offer https://cards.barclaycardus.com/cred...0-8f2f74651285 DEAD

2. 60,000 bonus miles and $99 Companion Certificate after first purchase and paying the $99 annual fee
Offer landing page: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/card...astercard.html

The offer fine print:
The primary cardmember will earn sixty thousand (60,000) AAdvantage® bonus miles after a purchase is made on the card account within ninety (90) days of card account opening and the annual fee has been paid. Please allow 4-6 weeks for the AAdvantage®bonus miles to be deposited into your AAdvantage® account. Balance transfers and cash advances do not qualify as purchases. This offer may be canceled at any time without notice.

In addition to the sixty thousand (60,000) AAdvantage® bonus miles, the primary cardmember will earn one (1) domestic economy fare American Airlines introductory Companion Certificate redeemable for one (1) companion ticket at $99 (plus taxes and fees) after a purchase is made on the card account within ninety (90) days of card account opening and the annual fee has been paid. Please allow 8-10 weeks for delivery of the Companion Certificate after the qualifying purchase has posted to your card account and the annual fee has been paid. Balance transfers and cash advances do not qualify as purchases. This offer may be canceled at any time without notice.

This one-time offer is valid for eligible cardmembers. You may not be eligible for this offer if you currently have or previously had an account with us in this program.
There are data points indicating that this is not always enforced: See posts 439, 496, 514, 516, 517, 538, 835

As of Sept. 2017, most people applying for an Aviator card are being denied, "instantly" by a computer, if they already have an Aviator card open. As of Dec. 2017, most people applying for an Aviator card are being denied, even by recon, if they already have an Aviator card open. It had been that current and previous Aviator Red (US Airways Converted) cardmembers were not subject to the 24-month restriction. This seems to have changed as far as current card holders applying for a second, concurrent card. (See posts #185, 193, 194, 195, 198, 199, 211, 220, 247, 290, 527, 529, 532)

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

Business Card, see this thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cred...-card-50k.html

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

RECON. PHONE NUMBERS
Reported phone numbers to call for reconsideration include 866-371-4787, (post 303), 866-205-5973 (post 659), 866-408-4064 (multiple posts), 866-408-4065 (from post #2 in recon thread), 866-369-1283 (from post #7 in recon thread). Other posters have called the general customer service number and asked to be transferred to a credit analyst.

It appears that if your SUB includes the $95 AF (annual fee), Barclays doesn't post the AF until the 2nd statement. Thus, it will be a min. of 2 statements before you see your SUB points. This is only if the SUB requires the AF (as opposed to some SUBs that just have the $x,xxx in purchases with no AF).

There have been at least two cases in July 2023 where Barclays posted the AF prior to the first statement. In both of those cases, the cardholder paid the AF and other balance prior to the closing date. The SUB was issued as of the first statement for one these accounts. It may be the second one was too close to the closing date.

Posting of points from Barclays SUB to AA seem to take 3-7 days after the SUB posts on the Barclays Statement.

Print Wikipost

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator PERSONAL Card (2016 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2017, 11:38 am

Programs: many
Similar experience to moe8555 above.

Current open aviator no fee card account w/above 30k CL (downgraded from AF red card back in Feb '17). Applied for red card and went to pending review. Called number above, very cordial representative reviewed information, asked if I wanted to reallocate cl, confirmed bonus, and came back with approval. Newly approved and old account shows online. Very pleasant experience with Barclays.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I updated the notice at the top of the wiki to more accurately represent what I understand the current Barclay behavior to be.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 3:08 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
What is the current situation regarding their push to upgrade the Red card to Silver with regard to the 10,000 mile annual anniversary bonus?

A while back, they clearly stipulated that the upgrade will remove that benefit. Now, I just saw an offer while logging in and that language no longer appears anywhere. Do you think/know if I would be able to upgrade and retain the annual 10K bonus?
Old Oct 19, 2017, 5:52 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
I finally got approved for this card. Barclay doesn't send the love my way, which is funny because they denied me 3 months ago for this one but a month later gave me a CLI on one of the other cards i have with them. i finally got it last week and made my purchase yesterday, looking forward to those 60k!
Old Oct 19, 2017, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by frudd38
Do you have any other Barclay cards currently open while applying for the 60k AA? This also seems to be a key point.
No, I closed the first AAviator Red (my first and only card with Barclays) about a month before opening the second one.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 7:30 am

Programs: AA, HH, SPG, UA
Originally Posted by muji
In your Barclays account, click on Rewards & Benefits; then click on Earning AAdvantage miles; then look at what should be the 4th item listed: Earn 60,000 bonus miles. If you see that (Earn 60,000 bonus miles), as you probably will, it means that you are qualified to receive the miles - and the miles will definitely post (probably after your next statement closes).
Thanks for the tip! Didnt see the miles posted yet, but I see that I'll receive the 60k. Perhaps they want the AF fee paid before issuing the miles. Hopefully I should get them next statement
Old Oct 21, 2017, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by express3
Thanks for the tip! Didnt see the miles posted yet, but I see that I'll receive the 60k. Perhaps they want the AF fee paid before issuing the miles. Hopefully I should get them next statement
They definitely want you to pay the AF prior to issuing the miles to you.

the offer is:

"Limited-Time Offer: Earn 60,000 bonus miles
when you make your first purchase in the first 90 days and pay the annual fee."

This is why some pay the AF amount prior to the closing of their 1st statement so they can get the bonus on their 1st statement.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 9:12 am

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by ninim2200
They definitely want you to pay the AF prior to issuing the miles to you.

the offer is:

"Limited-Time Offer: Earn 60,000 bonus miles
when you make your first purchase in the first 90 days and pay the annual fee."

This is why some pay the AF amount prior to the closing of their 1st statement so they can get the bonus on their 1st statement.
+1 I pay the AF if time allows , and the spend (LOL ) before statement closes , thus getting the points on first statement .
Old Oct 23, 2017, 3:58 am

Programs: aa ua dl jb starwood marriott hyatt
Got initial bonus on US Airways Dividend Miles Mastercard which was replaced with
AAdvantage® Aviator™ Red MasterCard. Still have card but can cancel.
Under benefits in my account it shows I can earn 50000 points which someone in an earlier thread shows you are available for the points for a second card.
Has anyone gotten points for a 2nd card?
Also wondering what do I have to lose if I apply through the 60000 link?
Old Oct 24, 2017, 10:47 am

4 different family members
1 Had 2 closed Barclay US Airway/AA Cards ~ 20 months v ago
One open Barclay AA Red Card
2 Had 2 closed Barclay US Airway/AA Cards ~ 20 months +/- ago
One open Barclay AA Card No Fee, downgrade from Aviator few months ago
3 Had 2 closed Barclay US Airway/AA Cards more than 20 months ago
4 Had 1 closed Barclay US Airway/AA Card more than 20 months ago

Instant approval for 3 and 4, instant decline for 1 & 2. However I was able to call and manually review/ re-allocate credit line get 1 & 2 open.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 6:26 am

Another data point in favor of the common consensus:

* Original USAirways card, applied 4/2014 cancelled 10/2014
* Original USAirways card, applied 12/2014, converted to AAviator Red, cancelled 6/2017
* Applied for this recent offer in September 2017. Was instantly approved for 60K, can see the 60K bonus notification in my account.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 7:48 am

Programs: aadvantage, mileage plus, millemiglia
I just opened a Barclay's Aviator MasterCard. Am I likely to get priority boarding and a free checked bag for the AA flights that I had already purchased, using a different card, while waiting for this one to be approved? Is there anything I need to do to ensure this? Thanks for any advice.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 10:54 am

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
Originally Posted by goldmarch
I just opened a Barclay's Aviator MasterCard. Am I likely to get priority boarding and a free checked bag for the AA flights that I had already purchased, using a different card, while waiting for this one to be approved? Is there anything I need to do to ensure this? Thanks for any advice.
There is no requirement to pay for the ticket with the card to get the benefits. The fact that you are a AA affiliated CC holder should be reflected in your AA profile. It might help to bring the card along for the first couple of flights as the flight record may not reflect your new status.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 6:50 pm

Not sure if there's a separate thread but looks like Barclays is offering a 40,000 point sign-up bonus for the business version of this card: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...3&cellNumber=4

Guess I'll hold off in hopes they bump it to 60,000 considering that's what they did with the personal.
sdsearch likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyerTalkUserName
Not sure if there's a separate thread but looks like Barclays is offering a 40,000 point sign-up bonus for the business version of this card: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...3&cellNumber=4

Guess I'll hold off in hopes they bump it to 60,000 considering that's what they did with the personal.
There is this thread that was asking about it since early this year. I just updated it with your great news:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.