Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 7, 2017, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: garkman
Avianca Vuela Visa Card
https://www.lifemilescreditcard.com/...avianca.aspx#!

40,000 miles after first purchase
Plus an extra 20,000 miles if you enter code AVSPWE (see post #1) LM17WB (see post #72)
$149 annual fee, not waived
No foreign transaction fees

***If you have an error during application that your information couldn't be verified, put in your mobile number (instead of home phone landline). This is for people whose app errors out before the ID verification questions pop up***

additional discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avian...oming-u-s.html
Print Wikipost

Avianca Vuela Visa: up to 60K miles

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2018, 11:00 am

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
has anybody gotten the af waved?
they will not wave it for me.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 11:02 am

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Originally Posted by BONDMI6
Both of you are first customers with Banco Popular?
i was a customer, with over 250K bal in an acct, very difficult to get the acct approved. Longtime biz customer.
they were horrible. I guess its a different dept or division than the bank.
actually think they have gotten better since the storm.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by frank_10b
Last year when I first received the card, I called the bank and the rep waived the fee for the first year. He said it is a one-time waiver. I had a lucky role of the dice.

I requested a waiver on the annual fee in Feb, 2018 but the bank refused to waive the annual fee a second time. I canceled the card shortly afterwards to avoid the annual fee after one year with the card.

On a side note, this card appears to not to be churnable from all the comments across different blogs.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 4:55 pm

So annoying. I applied for the 60K card and got a message saying "sorry we cannot recognize you", I called in and they are saying the info I provided does not match the credit bureau. The only thing I can think of is that my house was recently refinanced and at the moment, no mortgage is showing up on the credit report and in the process I specified I do have mortgage payments, because... I do. zero help from calling them all they said is I have to wait 30 days to re-apply... great
Old Apr 28, 2018, 8:10 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
I already have this card, can I apply again and get another welcome bonus?
Old Apr 30, 2018, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by navatwal
I already have this card, can I apply again and get another welcome bonus?
From all previous data points, it appears that this card not churnable.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 10:21 am

Programs: 747 Upper Deck QF J LAX-BNE; A380 SQ SuiteC+D SYD-SIN & SIN-HKG; 777 CX F HKG-JFK; Park Hyatt Sydney
Originally Posted by michaelr
Data point: Both my wife got instantly approved. 800+ credit scores, heavy churners. I entered the bonus code: LM17WB but did not get a confirmation at the final submission page of the 60k. It only stated 40k. Time will tell if the 60k bonus will post.
Did you get the bonus yet?
Old Apr 30, 2018, 10:40 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by Ed Janowsky
Did you get the bonus yet?
I'm not the poster you quoted, but my wife and I also both applied with the current 60K code and both of our 60K bonuses posted with the first statement (made a purchase the same day each card arrived). I think the miles posted to our Lifemiles accounts within a day or so after the statement closed.

I've seen some reports of trouble using the card - fraud alerts gumming up the works, etc. I've used mine for various in-person and online transactions and so far no issues. But it sure seems like a YMMV type of bank so who knows.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by BONDMI6
Both of you are first customers with Banco Popular?
Yes, neither my wife or I had done ever done business with them or been to Puerto Rico for that matter.
Old May 16, 2018, 9:08 am

I was rejected even with a 750 credit score. However, I am new to the US and only have a credit history of about 8 months.
I never have late payments and keep utilization rates to be around 0-5%.

Reason for rejection was "Limited credit history".
Is there any way to work around "limited credit history" reason? Apparently I need at least 24months of credit history.. so frustrating!

Thanks for your replies!
Old May 17, 2018, 6:24 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by amazonlouis
I was rejected even with a 750 credit score. However, I am new to the US and only have a credit history of about 8 months.
I never have late payments and keep utilization rates to be around 0-5%.

Reason for rejection was "Limited credit history".
Is there any way to work around "limited credit history" reason? Apparently I need at least 24months of credit history.. so frustrating!

Thanks for your replies!
You answered your own question - Banco Popular wants at least 24 months (aside from other criteria) of history. Sounds like you've already called reconsideration and spoken to someone so I can't see any workarounds aside from a time machine. If you hadn't called I guess you could try and plead your case but BP isn't really known for being flexible.

Most CC issuers will tend to want something more than 8 months as well, I'd imagine. FICO Forums and creditboards.com websites may have some useful tips for folks in similar situations and wanting to build a good file. If you already have some credit accounts focus on paying those timely. Or if you don't have any accounts yet research ones that will be easy to get for people with thin files - store brand cards are usually an easy approval. Mix of credit type helps, too. But at the same time don't go crazy applying for new credit. Good luck and welcome to FT.

Last edited by 84fiero; May 17, 2018 at 6:31 am
Old May 22, 2018, 12:48 am

Does this mint.com support this account ? if yes under what name ?
Old May 29, 2018, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by frank_10b
Just called to close the account before the annual fee posts. Told the agent I don't use the card enough to justify the fee. The agent immediately offered to waive the fee for another year, and I accepted.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 12:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Phone number doesn't seem to work anymore
Old Jun 14, 2018, 3:39 pm

2nd time I got rejected "the information does not match the credit bureau report" no further information was given. it's BS because I can see the report in front of me, all matches and I also have no issues when applying for BoA, Chase, Amex cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.