Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 7, 2017, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: garkman
Avianca Vuela Visa Card
https://www.lifemilescreditcard.com/...avianca.aspx#!

40,000 miles after first purchase
Plus an extra 20,000 miles if you enter code AVSPWE (see post #1) LM17WB (see post #72)
$149 annual fee, not waived
No foreign transaction fees

***If you have an error during application that your information couldn't be verified, put in your mobile number (instead of home phone landline). This is for people whose app errors out before the ID verification questions pop up***

additional discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avian...oming-u-s.html
Print Wikipost

Avianca Vuela Visa: up to 60K miles

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2016, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list
Avianca Vuela Visa: up to 60K miles

HT: Blog milevalue.com

I don't know much about this airline but as a Star A member 60K miles is worth the $149 annual fee. (40K + 20K after adding code) No minimum spend, just one purchase. Card issued by Banco Popular.

Link: https://www.lifemilescreditcard.com/.../avianca.aspx#! Enter code AVSPWE for the extra 20K miles
Old Dec 12, 2016, 6:42 am

How's the "redeemability" on these miles? Easy to redeem, or unusable because of availability issues like Avios in the US?
Old Dec 13, 2016, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
A few other benefits as well.
Free additional piece of baggage for travel between the United States and Central America
No cap on the number of LifeMiles you can earn4
A 50% discount on an award ticket redeemed for travel to Central America or Colombia from the United States after $12,000 spent each year
An additional 50% discount on an award ticket redeemed for travel to Central America or Colombia from the United States after $24,000 spent each year
Cheers
Howie
Old Dec 14, 2016, 10:15 am

There's another thread for this for about a month now with some data points. Also several data reports it pulls two credit bureaus. Lifemiles can be great, but have had devaluations without notice before, so caveat emptor.
Old Dec 24, 2016, 1:06 am
Suspended

Was approved for this recently. They did ask to verify income. I just created a fake pay stub, uploaded it, and they approved it.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 12:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Jeffmiyagi
Was approved for this recently. They did ask to verify income. I just created a fake pay stub, uploaded it, and they approved it.
wow...
Old Dec 28, 2016, 10:59 am

Programs: Once a somebody now a nobody
I applied for this card and took a week to go from Evaluation to Approved, subject to providing

1) last 2 pay stubs
2) 2015 W2
3) employment verification letter from my company

I called up to see why they needed that level of verification. She said it was because the approval was for a credit line of $50,000. I told her that amount was absurd and didn't need that. I asked if she could reduce the amount to help speed along the process. I have all the info they asked for, I just don't feel too keen on uploading that to internet. She asked how much I wanted to lower the credit line to and initially said $150...to cover the annual fee & $1 amazon gift card I will buy But i told her $20k would be fine if it sped things up. We'll see if they can speed things up or not
Old Dec 28, 2016, 3:00 pm
Suspended

Chicago, I received a 50k approval also. I'm still waiting to receive card but when I do, I'll reduce it to $2,000 immediately.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 3:09 pm
Suspended

Anyone know if Avianca AF is refunded if cancelled within 30 days?
Old Dec 29, 2016, 12:07 pm

I do not know

Last edited by RoyaleWithCheese; Jan 17, 2018 at 1:18 pm
Old Dec 29, 2016, 12:37 pm
Suspended

I've got a trip to Colombia and Brazil in March. Miles better be in my account before Feb 1 or I'm going to lose my mind.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by Jeffmiyagi
I could be wrong but that sounds like it crosses the line into criminalyl fraudulent activity. No amount of miles is worth that.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 5:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by g8trgr8t
I could be wrong but that sounds like it crosses the line into criminalyl fraudulent activity. No amount of miles is worth that.
I think the FBI just sent their A team to pick me up.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by g8trgr8t
You're not wrong, it is fraud and likely criminal. It is sadly true that some in this game set their compass so low. Others seem to have no compass at all.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 9:47 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Has anyone received the 60k bonus yet?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.