Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 7, 2017, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: garkman
Avianca Vuela Visa Card
https://www.lifemilescreditcard.com/...avianca.aspx#!

40,000 miles after first purchase
Plus an extra 20,000 miles if you enter code AVSPWE (see post #1) LM17WB (see post #72)
$149 annual fee, not waived
No foreign transaction fees

***If you have an error during application that your information couldn't be verified, put in your mobile number (instead of home phone landline). This is for people whose app errors out before the ID verification questions pop up***

additional discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avian...oming-u-s.html
Print Wikipost

Avianca Vuela Visa: up to 60K miles

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2017, 11:11 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by oneworld82
Has anyone received the 60k bonus yet?
Haven't received the dang credit card yet and it's been about 2.5 weeks since card was formally approved.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 12:27 pm

I applied in mid-December and I was rejected. But I never received a letter giving the reason. I rarely get rejected ( now that I figured how to get Barclay cards again), so based on what I read in earlier posts about Banco Popular extensive checking of income, I can only guess that they didn't like the fact that I am retired and gave my telephone number as the employer's.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 2:23 pm

Got the card a few weeks ago. They asked for W-2s, paystubs and an employment verification letter from my employer.

No miles posted yet, I assume that will come after the first statement period.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 6:59 pm

Spouse and I both

Last edited by RoyaleWithCheese; Jan 17, 2018 at 1:12 pm
Old Jan 16, 2017, 12:28 pm

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by RoyaleWithCheese
Spouse and I both applied/approved with the 60k promo code. First statement closed a few days ago, 60k points showed up on lifemiles.com the next day. We did make and pay for first purchase and pay annual fee while within that first statement cycle. This one was a winner!
No issues here so far. Automatic approval, no hassle, made a small purchase, 60k posted within 48 hours of first statement closing.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 10:06 pm

Does anyone know if one can close the card after receiving the bonus to avoid the annual fee? I just received mine and am wondering if I should try. ;-)
Old Jan 17, 2017, 10:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by gmangg
Does anyone know if one can close the card after receiving the bonus to avoid the annual fee? I just received mine and am wondering if I should try. ;-)
Yes try. Wait till points post, and cancel card within 30 days of AF posting. When you call to cancel, tell them you thought the AF was waived the first year. When they refuse to waive it, tell them you have no choice but to cancel and that you expect the AF to be refunded.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 11:13 am

I just called. They will refund the fee if one calls after the first statement hits. There was no discussion of a clawback or anything of that nature. Score!

Originally Posted by Terminator8
Yes try. Wait till points post, and cancel card within 30 days of AF posting. When you call to cancel, tell them you thought the AF was waived the first year. When they refuse to waive it, tell them you have no choice but to cancel and that you expect the AF to be refunded.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by md125
Got the card a few weeks ago. They asked for W-2s, paystubs and an employment verification letter from my employer.

No miles posted yet, I assume that will come after the first statement period.
Statement closed a few days ago, got the 60K bonus the next day.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 11:42 am
soy

Programs: various
Agghhh, declined after they failed to verify my identity during the application process. Called up and told I have to wait for the rejection letter and then reply to that. I am rarely declined so kinda surprised.

Has anyone managed to get approved after being declined for this reason?
Old Jan 19, 2017, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by soy
Agghhh, declined after they failed to verify my identity during the application process. Called up and told I have to wait for the rejection letter and then reply to that. I am rarely declined so kinda surprised.

Has anyone managed to get approved after being declined for this reason?
yes, and got a second hardpull as a result, but did get approved
Old Jan 23, 2017, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by ukinny2000
yes, and got a second hardpull as a result, but did get approved
And it seems the promo code was misapplied so only got 40K - dangnabbit. Ok, time to test out the churnability of this card then
Old Jan 30, 2017, 8:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Anyone have issues registering the card for online access? I keep getting "invalid" info after submitting the details..
Old Feb 2, 2017, 12:14 am

Originally Posted by frudd38
Anyone have issues registering the card for online access? I keep getting "invalid" info after submitting the details..
https://www.myonlinecreditcard.com
Old Feb 7, 2017, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by ukinny2000
And it seems the promo code was misapplied so only got 40K - dangnabbit. Ok, time to test out the churnability of this card then
Any luck with that? I am debating if I should wait 90 or 180 days to go for Round #2.

Cheers,

PedroNY

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.