FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   Avianca Vuela Visa: up to 60K miles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1807705-avianca-vuela-visa-up-60k-miles.html)

philemer Dec 8, 2016 10:19 pm

Avianca Vuela Visa: up to 60K miles

HT: Blog milevalue.com

I don't know much about this airline but as a Star A member 60K miles is worth the $149 annual fee. (40K + 20K after adding code) No minimum spend, just one purchase. Card issued by Banco Popular.

Link: https://www.lifemilescreditcard.com/.../avianca.aspx#! Enter code AVSPWE for the extra 20K miles

Flamenguista Dec 12, 2016 6:42 am

How's the "redeemability" on these miles? Easy to redeem, or unusable because of availability issues like Avios in the US?

stockmanjr Dec 13, 2016 9:30 pm

A few other benefits as well.
Free additional piece of baggage for travel between the United States and Central America
No cap on the number of LifeMiles you can earn4
A 50% discount on an award ticket redeemed for travel to Central America or Colombia from the United States after $12,000 spent each year
An additional 50% discount on an award ticket redeemed for travel to Central America or Colombia from the United States after $24,000 spent each year
Cheers
Howie

maverick17 Dec 14, 2016 10:15 am

There's another thread for this for about a month now with some data points. Also several data reports it pulls two credit bureaus. Lifemiles can be great, but have had devaluations without notice before, so caveat emptor.

Jeffmiyagi Dec 24, 2016 1:06 am

Was approved for this recently. They did ask to verify income. I just created a fake pay stub, uploaded it, and they approved it.

oneworld82 Dec 27, 2016 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by Jeffmiyagi (Post 27657117)
Was approved for this recently. They did ask to verify income. I just created a fake pay stub, uploaded it, and they approved it.

wow...

chicago747 Dec 28, 2016 10:59 am

I applied for this card and took a week to go from Evaluation to Approved, subject to providing

1) last 2 pay stubs
2) 2015 W2
3) employment verification letter from my company

I called up to see why they needed that level of verification. She said it was because the approval was for a credit line of $50,000. I told her that amount was absurd and didn't need that. I asked if she could reduce the amount to help speed along the process. I have all the info they asked for, I just don't feel too keen on uploading that to internet. She asked how much I wanted to lower the credit line to and initially said $150...to cover the annual fee & $1 amazon gift card I will buy :) But i told her $20k would be fine if it sped things up. We'll see if they can speed things up or not

Jeffmiyagi Dec 28, 2016 3:00 pm

Chicago, I received a 50k approval also. I'm still waiting to receive card but when I do, I'll reduce it to $2,000 immediately.

Jeffmiyagi Dec 28, 2016 3:09 pm

Anyone know if Avianca AF is refunded if cancelled within 30 days?

RoyaleWithCheese Dec 29, 2016 12:07 pm

I do not know

Jeffmiyagi Dec 29, 2016 12:37 pm

I've got a trip to Colombia and Brazil in March. Miles better be in my account before Feb 1 or I'm going to lose my mind.

g8trgr8t Dec 30, 2016 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by Jeffmiyagi (Post 27657117)

I could be wrong but that sounds like it crosses the line into criminalyl fraudulent activity. No amount of miles is worth that.

Jeffmiyagi Dec 30, 2016 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by g8trgr8t (Post 27682212)
I could be wrong but that sounds like it crosses the line into criminalyl fraudulent activity. No amount of miles is worth that.

I think the FBI just sent their A team to pick me up.

Mountain Trader Dec 31, 2016 9:08 am

Originally Posted by g8trgr8t (Post 27682212)

You're not wrong, it is fraud and likely criminal. It is sadly true that some in this game set their compass so low. Others seem to have no compass at all.

oneworld82 Jan 9, 2017 9:47 am

Has anyone received the 60k bonus yet?