Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 7, 2017, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: garkman
Avianca Vuela Visa Card
https://www.lifemilescreditcard.com/...avianca.aspx#!

40,000 miles after first purchase
Plus an extra 20,000 miles if you enter code AVSPWE (see post #1) LM17WB (see post #72)
$149 annual fee, not waived
No foreign transaction fees

***If you have an error during application that your information couldn't be verified, put in your mobile number (instead of home phone landline). This is for people whose app errors out before the ID verification questions pop up***

additional discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avian...oming-u-s.html
Print Wikipost

Avianca Vuela Visa: up to 60K miles

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2018, 10:31 pm

Programs: DL
Not sure on the bonus yet; will share out if I get a DP.

Calling tomorrow to see if they'll waive the AF. A perk of the card is every $12k in spend on the card, up to $24k, you get 50% off an award ticket (economy or business). The earning is within one calendar year, and you have a year to the discount for travel to Central America. You also get 2x miles on grocery stores and gas stations.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 5:08 pm

They won't waive the AF, even on threat of cancellation.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 6:10 pm

Programs: AA, United, British Airways, Alaska Air
I am debating applying for this card since I go to Latin America once a year or so, and I have never had this card.

Basically, I'm wondering if Banco Popular is still such a mess when trying to activate cards... any recent data points about this? I'm not comfortable giving any sort of super personal info (a social security card per a post I read here on FT... seriously) beyond what's asked on the app?

Also, I live in Illinois and am wondering if anyone knows which credit bureau they pull from if I decide to go through with it?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by EtoileFilante; Oct 20, 2018 at 6:11 pm Reason: Edited for clarity
Old Oct 20, 2018, 9:39 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by EtoileFilante
I am debating applying for this card since I go to Latin America once a year or so, and I have never had this card.

Basically, I'm wondering if Banco Popular is still such a mess when trying to activate cards... any recent data points about this? I'm not comfortable giving any sort of super personal info (a social security card per a post I read here on FT... seriously) beyond what's asked on the app?

Also, I live in Illinois and am wondering if anyone knows which credit bureau they pull from if I decide to go through with it?

Thanks in advance!
Wife and I didn't encounter any issues in applying, activating or using the card. Other than their website being clunky and not interfacing with Quicken, it's been a great card for us so far. YMMV of course!

As mentioned upthread, the data points out there, such that they are, seem to all point to Equifax regardless of residence.

I'd say if it looks like a useful card for your circumstances, give it a shot. It's a goofy bank that's for sure, but worth a try IMHO.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 12:17 am
SLV

Programs: Hertz PC
So I was approved but ran into the freeze that some ran into when activating the card. Their analyst requested proof of address (utility bill) and driver's license. They had to be a color photo sent to [email protected]. I orignally sent a black and white scan and was rejected. Make sure to use a color photo of both the front and back of your license! Overall, it took 3 weeks from application -> approval -> secondary review -:> ability to use the card. I'm just waiting for the points now.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 6:04 pm

Does anybody know if I can apply both Vida and vuela on the same day and get approved?
Old Oct 23, 2018, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by lincoln boy
Does anybody know if I can apply both Vida and vuela on the same day and get approved?
Pretty sure you can't. At least, I haven't seen anyone report success in doing so.
lincoln boy likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 8:49 pm

I got the card more than two years ago and got the miles. It was closed more than a year ago. Can I apply and get the miles now? Thank you.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by jrey
I got the card more than two years ago and got the miles. It was closed more than a year ago. Can I apply and get the miles now? Thank you.
Unfortunately thus far no one has been able to do so, to my knowledge. The only data points I've seen of people who have tried, resulted in failure (IIRC they didn't even get through the application process before the website stopped them with a notice that they already have/had the card, or something to that effect). Not sure how long after closure they attempted to re-apply.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 6:16 pm

lots of issues with purchases that are ~$500 at the grocery store (VGC included with some grocery purchases). They get flagged as fraud. I called and told them I need to make those purchases sometimes, but they haven't been able to fix it.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 11:59 am

So far all DPs say no and can only posses 1 card at the same time.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by jrey
All current DPs indicate that these cards are not churnable for the bonus. Some applicants have had success in applying for a 2nd card after the 1st card had been canceled, but they did not receive the bonus on the 2nd card.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by BONDMI6
So far all DPs say no and can only posses 1 card at the same time.
Does that mean somebody was able to receive both bonuses by applying at different time?
Old Oct 29, 2018, 6:51 pm

Does that mean somebody was able to receive both bonuses by applying at different time?
No
Old Nov 5, 2018, 2:57 pm

All current DPs say no with Banco Popular. When US Bank managed the Lifemiles CCs one could churn the bonus.
lincoln boy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.