Old Feb 7, 2017, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: garkman
Avianca Vuela Visa Card
https://www.lifemilescreditcard.com/...avianca.aspx#!

40,000 miles after first purchase
Plus an extra 20,000 miles if you enter code AVSPWE (see post #1) LM17WB (see post #72)
$149 annual fee, not waived
No foreign transaction fees

***If you have an error during application that your information couldn't be verified, put in your mobile number (instead of home phone landline). This is for people whose app errors out before the ID verification questions pop up***

additional discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avian...oming-u-s.html
Print Wikipost

Avianca Vuela Visa: up to 60K miles

Old Nov 8, 2018, 11:38 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
If you’ve had the Vuela and cancelled (over a year ago) can I get the Vida and associated bonus?

i think that’s a slightly different question than above.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 8:15 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by beachfan
If you’ve had the Vuela and cancelled (over a year ago) can I get the Vida and associated bonus?

i think that’s a slightly different question than above.
Was told by their CS that you have to wait 2 years after cancelling.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 11:37 am

Just to clarify that there appears to be a 2 year bar (at least) to getting the 60,000 bonus. Since I had the 60,000 bonus a year ago and closed last year what will happen if I apply for the lessor card which has 20000 to 40000 bonus? Anyone tried for the other card and gotten bonus or been denied on bonus because you had the other card? Thanks
Old Nov 9, 2018, 2:21 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Every DP I have seen so far points to “one time only” > you won’t get a card after you cancelled the first one (even if yo apply for the regular and prior had the premium)
Old Nov 30, 2018, 6:43 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
Well, this was the first time I've been instantly declined in many many years (6-7 maybe?). Is this card (I went for the 60K bonus) historically difficult to get or something?

Is recon worth calling before receiving the letter?

DP: I'm in FL and they pulled EQ.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 9:00 am

Programs: Airline independent, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
Where is the customer service number? I can't even apply - I get a "We are sorry - Unfortunately you are not able to apply at this time, we were not able to validate the information you provided" message before I can actually apply. Tried all different browsers on my macbook and my chromebook, in incognito and regular, with all extensions/ad-block on and off. I have no credit freezes anywhere. Any ideas?
Old Nov 30, 2018, 11:14 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by ChiefNWA
Well, this was the first time I've been instantly declined in many many years (6-7 maybe?). Is this card (I went for the 60K bonus) historically difficult to get or something?

Is recon worth calling before receiving the letter?

DP: I'm in FL and they pulled EQ.
It seems to be somewhat random whether people have issues or not, from what I've seen. I've read DPs of people getting approved after calling recon - sometimes this entails faxing in pay stubs and other documentation, sometimes not: 1-844-343-1010

Originally Posted by unifer
Where is the customer service number? I can't even apply - I get a "We are sorry - Unfortunately you are not able to apply at this time, we were not able to validate the information you provided" message before I can actually apply. Tried all different browsers on my macbook and my chromebook, in incognito and regular, with all extensions/ad-block on and off. I have no credit freezes anywhere. Any ideas?
A few posters on DoC have mentioned trying different phone numbers (landline, different cell, etc) and also turning off VPN if you're using one. The app website, at the very bottom in tiny font, lists the same phone number as cited above for recon, under "contact us". If the other suggestions don't work I guess I'd try calling that number to start with.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/avian...-one-purchase/

Good luck!
Old Dec 4, 2018, 7:58 am

Does anybody get an error message stating that they can't process the application?
Old Dec 19, 2018, 7:46 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Applied, instant approval, no error. Hopefully, the promo will get through.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 4:21 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Applied for this card, most annoying application process. Wouldnt accept my address so had to use my old address (just moved), and then it asked for pay stub and a bunch of nonsense. After weeks, got approved. Received the card in the mail and decided to use it at McDonalds. Instantly declined. Called and was told the account was blocked by the Fraud Risk Control Team. Got the number and called them and was told to send ID/Passport in color and a utility bill to [email protected]. I sent in my T-Mobile bill with that address and a photograph of my passport and then a week later, my account was closed. I called and asked why, and was told to wait for a letter. The letter said I sent in unsatisfactory documents and the account closure was permanent. I am furious. This is the biggest waste of my time and the only thing I could see that went wrong on my end was that the T-Mobile displayed my address upside down in the PDF. It is just how the bills are displayed.

I see that several posters went through the same hassle as me getting approved but blocked later. Not sure if anyone else had their accounts closed. It is reported on Credit Karma as closed, but doesn't say by issuer or by consumer. I am wondering if this will bar me from applying for this card again when the next 60k appears. I am purely getting the 60k and would never put a cent of spend on the card afterwards. And would ask for AF waiver or shut down at the year's anniversary.

Any insight would be appreciated and sorry for my silly rant. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!
Old Dec 31, 2018, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by cce5858
Applied for this card, most annoying application process. Wouldnt accept my address so had to use my old address (just moved), and then it asked for pay stub and a bunch of nonsense. After weeks, got approved. Received the card in the mail and decided to use it at McDonalds. Instantly declined. Called and was told the account was blocked by the Fraud Risk Control Team. Got the number and called them and was told to send ID/Passport in color and a utility bill to [email protected]. I sent in my T-Mobile bill with that address and a photograph of my passport and then a week later, my account was closed. I called and asked why, and was told to wait for a letter. The letter said I sent in unsatisfactory documents and the account closure was permanent. I am furious. This is the biggest waste of my time and the only thing I could see that went wrong on my end was that the T-Mobile displayed my address upside down in the PDF. It is just how the bills are displayed.

I see that several posters went through the same hassle as me getting approved but blocked later. Not sure if anyone else had their accounts closed. It is reported on Credit Karma as closed, but doesn't say by issuer or by consumer. I am wondering if this will bar me from applying for this card again when the next 60k appears. I am purely getting the 60k and would never put a cent of spend on the card afterwards. And would ask for AF waiver or shut down at the year's anniversary.

Any insight would be appreciated and sorry for my silly rant. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!
Many (if not most) issuers won't accept bills from wireless carriers as a utility bill. Unfortunately, they don't all explicitly point this out.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by cce5858

Sorry to hear that. It's a crappy, unpredictable bank with poor communication to say the least. I don't know if we've seen any data points from folks who had the account closed under those circumstances AND who tried to apply at some future point. I guess all it'll cost you is a hard pull to try later.

Btw don't worry about whether it says closed by consumer on your CR. It makes no difference to your score, as long as there isn't a derogatory remark associated with it in cases of chargeoffs, etc.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by 84fiero
Sorry to hear that. It's a crappy, unpredictable bank with poor communication to say the least. I don't know if we've seen any data points from folks who had the account closed under those circumstances AND who tried to apply at some future point. I guess all it'll cost you is a hard pull to try later.

Btw don't worry about whether it says closed by consumer on your CR. It makes no difference to your score, as long as there isn't a derogatory remark associated with it in cases of chargeoffs, etc.
This was acount closed by Banco Popular and will appear on your credit reports as such. I would wait good period of time before applying again. Let the dust settle and try again after 6 months if you really need this card and the associated bonus. This Lifemile card is not churnable with only 1 DP to the contrary.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by BONDMI6
This was acount closed by Banco Popular and will appear on your credit reports as such. I would wait good period of time before applying again. Let the dust settle and try again after 6 months if you really need this card and the associated bonus. This Lifemile card is not churnable with only 1 DP to the contrary.
It won't appear at all on my credit report, as cce5858 was the poster with the closed account and reapplication question.

But again, to the poster's concern, absent a chargeoff or similar derogatory circumstance, a closed card is a closed card as far as FICO calculations are concerned. There shouldn't be any hit to their score due to what happened, as described by the poster.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 5:12 pm

I applied for this card in Nov 2018 and got approved. The 60,000 miles was showing on my Dec 15th statement and till now the miles did not post in my Lifemiles account I have sent an email to their customer support and they are following up with the issue.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.