FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   Barclays Arrival Plus, now 70K w/$5k spend (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1577043-barclays-arrival-plus-now-70k-w-5k-spend.html)

stupidzbu Jun 13, 2014 9:10 am

Be careful is you mess up

i opened a WF checking account to deposit MOs via cell and was using it to pay off some CCs.

I had my chase & WF account listed on my Arrival and wasn't paying attention, chose the WF account that did NOT has sufficient funds.

I ate the $25 fee from WF and the $25 fee from Arrival, my mistake, no one to blame but me.

I log in today, 3 days after this all happened and i notice that BARCLAY RESUBMITTED THE DAMN ACH!! WHY!?!?!?!

Under the PAYMENT tab there is NO option to cancel this, I immediately deleted the WF account info when I realized my mistake.

So I just called in and the CSR confirmed that if a payment gets rejected, the system automatically tries one more time. I guess they have it set up to suck you dry of fees.

She was nice enough to reverse both $25 barclay fees since their stupid system was going to make me get hit twice with WF

just a heads up for those running an 18 tab excel document tracking all this nonsense. My first mistake in 4 years of MS

Superorb Jun 13, 2014 12:04 pm

Is there any way to buy Amazon GCs from a travel related place so we can redeem points? I've heard others talking about making purchases look like they're from travel companies elsewhere but couldn't figure it out.

SpeedRicer Jun 13, 2014 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by 1200GS (Post 22998669)
Hey - Are you folks able to access your barclays CC account online via google chrome?

Works w/o issue using internet explorer and barclays iphone ap. Definitely using the right password. When using chrome, i get the following error:

Have been using Chrome all the time with my account, no login issues for me...

SpeedRicer Jun 13, 2014 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by luggagebin (Post 22977977)
At least you have the option to click on it from your account webpage. I don't even see that :td:

Every time I call, it gets progressively worse. Today, the CSR had no idea what I was talking about. Said "TripIt" was not their product.

Were you already subscribed before the upgrade? Tried the link again and it let me register my subscription. After I successfully registered though, now I don't have any links/images either... :confused:

djibouti Jun 13, 2014 7:49 pm

I was approved on 5/31 and received a "your card is in the mail" e-mail on 6/9. How long have folks had to wait between that e-mail and actually receiving the card? I've never had to wait this long for a new CC to arrive, even with Barclays as far as I can recall.

trans0816 Jun 13, 2014 8:42 pm

Rail classified as travel?

Does anyone know if Barclay's classes rail travel from London to tourist sites like Bath as travel? What about tubes in London?

rcw70 Jun 13, 2014 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by trans0816 (Post 23031389)
Does anyone know if Barclay's classes rail travel from London to tourist sites like Bath as travel? What about tubes in London?

Barclays picked up some surface rail tickets in Italy for me as travel expenses but not city public transit (probably because the subway charges were under $25).

Drummer Jun 14, 2014 7:54 am

Originally Posted by redbirdsj (Post 23019441)
It's a $25 minimum, but no increment requirement above that. You could redeem 2600 for a $26 charge.

Could you explain how to do this? I have 3165 miles that I wanted to apply to a $200 travel charge. When I went to redeem, it listed a 2500 miles redemption, and there was no way to change this. It wasn't an editable field.

itchyfeet123 Jun 14, 2014 8:03 am

Originally Posted by Drummer (Post 23033078)
Could you explain how to do this? I have 3165 miles that I wanted to apply to a $200 travel charge. When I went to redeem, it listed a 2500 miles redemption, and there was no way to change this. It wasn't an editable field.

When I make redemptions it gives me a pull down list of what's available. IIRC, it has been multiples of $25, plus an option to make it exactly the amount of the charge, but not a random amount.

In any case, are you sure you want to redeem 3k against a $200 charge? If you think you'll get more points before the 120 days are up, you might consider waiting -- unless you have plenty of other travel charges to redeem against, you're wasting up to $175 in possible redemption.

Drummer Jun 14, 2014 8:06 am

Originally Posted by itchyfeet123 (Post 23033118)
When I make redemptions it gives me a pull down list of what's available. IIRC, it has been multiples of $25, plus an option to make it exactly the amount of the charge, but not a random amount.

In any case, are you sure you want to redeem 3k against a $200 charge? If you think you'll get more points before the 120 days are up, you might consider waiting -- unless you have plenty of other travel charges to redeem against, you're wasting up to $175 in possible redemption.

Strange. I got no drop down or options. Probably it's because I don't have enough miles for the exact amount of the charge. And to answer your question, I've got many other travel charges also so no issue of wasting.

Songer5 Jun 14, 2014 10:07 am

Just redeemed for a taxi in Zurich successfully. I cannot edit the wiki though.

redbirdsj Jun 14, 2014 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by Drummer (Post 23033078)

Sorry I may have misspoke. There's no $25 increment if redeeming for the full charge. There appears to be a $25 increment if doing a partial redemption.

djibouti Jun 14, 2014 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by ryanmcv (Post 22991339)
I have to say that I am extremely disappointed with Barclaycard's customer service ... he informed me that a $29.99 charge would be placed on my account for the expedited shipping ... he finally transferred me to a supervisor, with whom I also had to argue for a few minutes before he agreed to waive the fee.

I just had a completely opposite experience. I called to check on the card and was told it should have arrived. The agent said she'd express a new one out and there would be a $29.99 fee but also a $29.99 statement credit to cancel it. I didn't ask for the expediting nor the credit... both were volunteered.

mh1361 Jun 16, 2014 6:52 am

What would you guys do? Redeem for the full charge, and waste 68 miles, or redeem for $25, and not be able to redeem the other 21.32? I'm thinking of just redeeming for the $25 and hope that my future travel charges are closer to xx.99. Also, I'm assuming this is the case but I'm not sure; if you have a travel charge that's 30.01, I'm guessing your only options would be redeeming 3100 points or 2500 points. It's awesome how flexible the miles are, but this shortcoming is a little disappointing.

http://i62.tinypic.com/15rciuh.png

cdancer20 Jun 16, 2014 8:14 am

Originally Posted by mh1361 (Post 23041633)
What would you guys do? Redeem for the full charge, and waste 68 miles, or redeem for $25, and not be able to redeem the other 21.32? I'm thinking of just redeeming for the $25 and hope that my future travel charges are closer to xx.99.

I always redeem down. No wasting money on my end even it's just a few cents. However, I travel a lot so I tend to always have stuff to redeem against.

Originally Posted by mh1361 (Post 23041633)
Also, I'm assuming this is the case but I'm not sure; if you have a travel charge that's 30.01, I'm guessing your only options would be redeeming 3100 points or 2500 points. It's awesome how flexible the miles are, but this shortcoming is a little disappointing.

Yes it would round up to the nearest dollar.