FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   Barclays Arrival Plus, now 70K w/$5k spend (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1577043-barclays-arrival-plus-now-70k-w-5k-spend.html)

SpeedRicer Jun 3, 2014 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by luggagebin (Post 22972472)
Is the TripIt Pro subscription no longer available for card holders?? After my account was "upgraded" to Arrival+, I no longer see the option to activate my subscription on the website. I called in, but CSRs have no idea what I'm talking about/ think that I'm trying to subscribe to an app with them *palm face*

Anyone else not able to see the TripIt pro membership or am I going crazy?

New cardholder, but I still have the graphic/link for activating my TripIt subscription -- in the overview section, under Rewards and Benefits in the middle:

http://www.barclaycardus.com/servici...pItProTile.png

When I click on it though, it gives me an error...

xSTRIKEx6864 Jun 3, 2014 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by Adelphos (Post 22956291)
Don't know if this has been posted yet, but the annual fee for the card showed up for me as a reimbursable travel expense. I applied arrival miles toward it and got the 10% rebate.

This is great!

x712xdamx Jun 3, 2014 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by Adelphos (Post 22956291)
Don't know if this has been posted yet, but the annual fee for the card showed up for me as a reimbursable travel expense. I applied arrival miles toward it and got the 10% rebate.

Yeah, I noticed the same thing a couple nights ago w/my annual fee. It redeems at 1 cent per point like travel too! Calling to get it waived, but it's a nice second option if necessary...

maddie5218 Jun 3, 2014 9:33 pm

I apologize for not going through this entire thread to find this answer. I don't see it in the Wiki, so I figured I'd ask.

I have a purchase for about $750 of travel purchases from Orbitz.

I am able to apply my 40,000 points to cover $400 of that? Or does the entire purchase have to be covered for it to work?

EDIT: And wait... I just read the top of the wiki about statement credits being worth .5 cents... is that only non-travel statement credits? Like covering a travel purchase is still 1.1 cents right?

exarkun Jun 3, 2014 9:54 pm

I've searched but I must be using the wrong terms or phrases. When asking to move CL from one barclaycard to another, are there any minimum account age requirements? For example, does the card you're moving CL away from need to be a certain age?

TYA

trikotret Jun 3, 2014 10:41 pm

Yes you can use the 40k points to cover 400 of travel expenses. Once you use the 40k, you'll get 10% points which is 4k points

Originally Posted by maddie5218 (Post 22974610)
I apologize for not going through this entire thread to find this answer. I don't see it in the Wiki, so I figured I'd ask.

I am able to apply my 40,000 points to cover $400 of that? Or does the entire purchase have to be covered for it to work?

EDIT: And wait... I just read the top of the wiki about statement credits being worth .5 cents... is that only non-travel statement credits? Like covering a travel purchase is still 1.1 cents right?

Superorb Jun 3, 2014 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by x712xdamx (Post 22974400)
Yeah, I noticed the same thing a couple nights ago w/my annual fee. It redeems at 1 cent per point like travel too! Calling to get it waived, but it's a nice second option if necessary...

Let us know if they waive the AF for you.

Originally Posted by maddie5218 (Post 22974610)

You can redeem any amount in $25 increments after $25 I believe. But once you redeem once that's it, you can't redeem on the same purchase more than once.

Originally Posted by exarkun (Post 22974691)
I've searched but I must be using the wrong terms or phrases. When asking to move CL from one barclaycard to another, are there any minimum account age requirements? For example, does the card you're moving CL away from need to be a certain age?

TYA

Another posted on another thread said 12 months, but the person I spoke to today didn't mention it. Arrival is only 3 months old but the US Air card I moved credit from was over 12 months old.

yjzqz Jun 4, 2014 9:06 am

Great, now we are all world elites. What a happy day!

trikotret Jun 4, 2014 9:09 am

Speak for yourself. I'm still world card lol

Originally Posted by yjzqz (Post 22976780)
Great, now we are all world elites. What a happy day!

EVA777 Jun 4, 2014 10:02 am

Originally Posted by trikotret (Post 22976788)
Speak for yourself. I'm still world card lol

Same here.

x712xdamx Jun 4, 2014 10:32 am

Originally Posted by Superorb (Post 22974851)
Let us know if they waive the AF for you.

Annual fee waived after calling customer support. 1st rep said it's not possible so I asked nicely if I could make the request to a supervisor. Supervisor pulled up the account and quickly said that would be no problem! $35k spent on card (MF & day to day).

luggagebin Jun 4, 2014 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by SpeedRicer (Post 22973672)
New cardholder, but I still have the graphic/link for activating my TripIt subscription -- in the overview section, under Rewards and Benefits in the middle:

http://www.barclaycardus.com/servici...pItProTile.png

When I click on it though, it gives me an error...

At least you have the option to click on it from your account webpage. I don't even see that :td:

Every time I call, it gets progressively worse. Today, the CSR had no idea what I was talking about. Said "TripIt" was not their product.

trikotret Jun 4, 2014 1:21 pm

Barclays Arrival/Arrival+ Cards (1.1%/2.2% travel credits)

after reading all these funny stories about cs, i can safely say it's better to use the Barclaycard on cruise mode without needing to call cs since they are clueless. lol

maddie5218 Jun 4, 2014 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb (Post 22974851)
You can redeem any amount in $25 increments after $25 I believe. But once you redeem once that's it, you can't redeem on the same purchase more than once.

Okay, so if I have 40,000 points, I can redeem for a $700 purchase, and then be left with $300 to pay because it'll have covered $400 of the $700?

cdancer20 Jun 4, 2014 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by maddie5218 (Post 22978860)
Okay, so if I have 40,000 points, I can redeem for a $700 purchase, and then be left with $300 to pay because it'll have covered $400 of the $700?

yes