FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   Barclays Arrival Plus, now 70K w/$5k spend (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1577043-barclays-arrival-plus-now-70k-w-5k-spend.html)

Khiaao Jun 24, 2014 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by ataturk (Post 23090892)
If you are closing another Barclays card (in my case Lufthansa), do they let you move the credit from the old card to the Arrival + (like Chase does)?

If you have a good payment history with them then yes they will

Happy Jun 24, 2014 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by Brugge (Post 23087571)
So with about the same number of trips, you have lost two wallets, and we haven't lost one. You work really hard to "stay vigilant", I don't need to worry about it. Sure sounds like your method is far superior. :rolleyes:

At least far more comfortable without having to wear an bulging pouch next to one's body around the waist or in front of the chest, sweating in hot weather. On top of that, do not kid me that you do not stay vigilant even with your money pouch. Only a Fool would not stay vigilant when one is out and about, even just in one's home turf. :rolleyes:

Again, not a big deal to lose a wallet or 2. It teaches husband not to put his DL in the wallet, and more importantly, not to be too lazy and not to put his wallet where it should have been! :D

ataturk Jun 24, 2014 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by Khiaao (Post 23090920)
If you have a good payment history with them then yes they will

By payment history, do you mean never missed a payment, always paid on time, or do you mean, used the card consistently rather than exclusively during the minimum spend period.

x712xdamx Jun 24, 2014 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by lyst (Post 23084409)
I got another one after closed a few months - same one.

Great data point! I think we've all been awaiting that. Anyone else got a 2nd one yet? I've had 3 US Airways cards but I love this card a lot and decided to go for the annual fee waiver instead of the risk of applying again only to be denied. That 40k bonus sure is nice though! :eek:

greggarious Jun 24, 2014 11:01 pm

Silly question: Is the Arrival+ metal? I really like my CSP, but alas I don't travel enough to justify the AF, so I'll probably cancel it and apply for an Arrival+ soon. (Not a dealbreaker, just curious)

kay_jay Jun 25, 2014 1:35 am

I am planning to use the Barclays Arrival card at Austria for train journey between Vienna and Salzburg using OBB trains. Can I redeem the points for this transaction?

Khiaao Jun 25, 2014 5:01 am

Originally Posted by ataturk (Post 23091278)
By payment history, do you mean never missed a payment, always paid on time, or do you mean, used the card consistently rather than exclusively during the minimum spend period.

When i opened my arrival card about two months ago, i called to have my USAir card cancelled and to see if i can move the CL from usair to my barclay Arrival, she said let me look at your payment history with "us" and said its was great and moved all but 500.00 off the usair card to my barclay then closed my usair card. Theres a direct number you can call to do it or even inquire if you qualify before you close it out, i posted in somewhere in this thread probably about a month or two ago

jhuck Jun 25, 2014 6:57 am

Originally Posted by greggarious (Post 23091883)
Silly question: Is the Arrival+ metal? I really like my CSP, but alas I don't travel enough to justify the AF, so I'll probably cancel it and apply for an Arrival+ soon. (Not a dealbreaker, just curious)

No. Not metal. I kind of enjoyed that about the csp also

roneyc Jun 25, 2014 7:55 am

Wanted to post a data point for new aps.

Spouse applied for Arrival last month and was declined - too many cards (2) and available credit already.

So, in advance of today's AOR I called earlier in the week and had CL's on both US Air and Lufthansa M&M reduced to 5k each. My Arrival ap just sailed through.

bbd Jun 25, 2014 7:59 am

Originally Posted by Superorb (Post 23089142)
Did they do another hard inquiry for the increase or did they use the one from the application?

Fyi they did do a hard pull on my credit, even though they did one a week prior.

RJP3 Jun 25, 2014 10:06 am

Here's some datapoints on eligible travel charges - can someone add these to the Wiki?

Spirit of NY Dinner Cruises - www.spiritcruises.com, which have cruises in several other cities as well.

Limo Charges - Two limo charges that I made in March PRIOR the the recent changes to what qualifies as "Travel" showed up as eligible travel charges. I guess with the changes to what's covered, and for how long, these got pulled back in.

Lahaina-Maui Ferry Tickets - booked online at www.go-lanai.com

Superorb Jun 25, 2014 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by bbd (Post 23093450)
Fyi they did do a hard pull on my credit, even though they did one a week prior.

Yup, that's what I expected. Thanks for following up though.

itchyfeet123 Jun 25, 2014 5:08 pm

Has the 10% bonus changed? I just redeemed for travel statement credits, and the screen showing the amount of my redemption and how many miles I would have remaining had a line that said something like 10% bonus travel redemption - 0. The FAQ says the bonus is credited within one business day, but previously it's been instant and shown during the redemption process. Anyone experienced something similar?

flyer4512 Jun 25, 2014 8:45 pm

How can IHG points plus cash get denied ? The cash part is paying for a hotel room

Superorb Jun 25, 2014 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by itchyfeet123 (Post 23096555)
Has the 10% bonus changed? I just redeemed for travel statement credits, and the screen showing the amount of my redemption and how many miles I would have remaining had a line that said something like 10% bonus travel redemption - 0. The FAQ says the bonus is credited within one business day, but previously it's been instant and shown during the redemption process. Anyone experienced something similar?

The 10% bonus has never been instant for me, and I've redeemed over 10 times now. It always shows up the next day.