Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2014, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
45k offer (added 12/7/17, limited time offer):https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...&cellNumber=69
  • 30,000 points for first purchase
  • 15,000 more after $2,000 spend
  • $75 annual fee, not waived

15k & 30K offers: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...eFall16WRCCNVP
  • 15k points
  • no minimum spend required
  • no annual fee
  • 30k points
  • $1,000 minimum spend
  • $75 annual fee, not waived
__________________________________________________ __________________________________

Caution:
Barclays has a history of not seeing the offer you signed up for, and demanding that you send it to them.
So save a printout or screen capture of the landing page that spells out the offer!

What's in this thread:
This thread starts out by discussing a slightly different version of this offer that was around in late 2013.
(That version waived the $69 fee the first year for the 45k offer; the current 30k and 45k offers do not.)
Only those posts from July 2014 forward are about the current offer;
all posts from Apr 2014 backward are about the late 2013 offer.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________

Wyndham includes many hotel groups, among them: Wyndham, Ramada, Travelodge, Microtel
Wyndham worldwide locations: http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/destinations

Ramada worldwide locations: http://www.ramada.com/hotels/destinations

Travelodge worldwide locations: http://www.travelodge.com/hotels/destinations

Microtel worldwide locations: http://www.microtelinn.com/hotels/destinations
Print Wikipost

Wyndham card offers; $75 AF

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2016, 8:50 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by rev
So you're saying with Barclay's US card you'd get denied because you couldn't have multiple, but now the Arrival+ and Frontier Cards you are having success opening multiple without closing the previous ones?
Exactly.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by anime333
Rep told me that information will be coming out soon about a status benefit with the credit card.
Did they mention if it was for new or existing card members?
Old Jun 17, 2016, 12:44 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, IHG Spire, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Superorb
Did they mention if it was for new or existing card members?
No. I presume it would be for everyone.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by anime333
No. I presume it would be for everyone.
Thanks.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 9:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Statement closed yesterday, had AF + 2 transactions. The transaction points posted, but no anniversary points. Did not pay AF before stmt close - probably should have.
Old Jun 18, 2016, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by italdesign
Statement closed yesterday, had AF + 2 transactions. The transaction points posted, but no anniversary points. Did not pay AF before stmt close - probably should have.
I've noticed with some banks they won't pay out the anniversary bonus until after you've paid the AF and then the next statement closes.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by riversidetom
is the current 45k card different than the one circa Dec 2013?

if so, anyone else get the bonus twice?

it's been 24+ months since I got the card and fulfilled the spend requirement.
I just got my 3rd Wyndham card with an AF, my last bonus was 45K but not sure what the first bonus from 2013 was as I didn't note it.

I closed my last 45K card just over 7 months ago. AFAIK Barclay does not approve cards and deny the bonus so I should be good.

Has anyone who applied under the 45K offer from last year with a 15K point offer for renewing received the 15K points ?

When I cancelled my card in October of 2015 Barclay said they saw no such offer and said I would get the normal 6K points for renewing so I cancelled.

My Wife is sticking solely to Chase cards ( no new apps) so she is going to renew her Wyndham for 15K but I see the new offer is back to 6K points so I want to make sure we will get the 15K if she does renew. I'll probably PM Barclay.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512
Has anyone who applied under the 45K offer from last year with a 15K point offer for renewing received the 15K points?...they saw no such offer and said I would get the normal 6K points for renewing
Posts #55 and #57 in this thread indicate that everyone should be getting the 15k renewal points.
Originally Posted by Doctor of Credit
If anybody doesn't get the 15k points and instead gets 5.5k points, please contact me.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 1:33 am

Originally Posted by muji
Posts #55 and #57 in this thread indicate that everyone should be getting the 15k renewal points.
My wife received a reply today from Barclay stating the card she applied for on 8/15/15 will receive 15K points for renewing every year

Well I know I applied for my last Wyndham AF card ( before the one I applied for Friday) on 10/29/2014 and was told via SM last year ( after my wife signed up under the 15 K renewal offer) that I would only receive 5500 points ( I thought it was 6K before reading this thread but 5.5 is in the ballpark) for renewal so I cancelled.

If you read deeper into that post you directed me to to it says Barclay was giving out bad info as far as EVERYONE getting 15K. There was only a period of time where Wyndham was giving 15K for renewal. The new offers out now say 6K and the older offers were 5500 I believe. He goes on to say you MAY be given the 15K if you complain. Since the current renewal bonus is 6K I doubt you get very far.

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/incorr...us-what-to-do/
Old Aug 2, 2016, 3:07 pm

FYI, the annual 15K bonus points posted on the same statement as the annual fee.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 2:47 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by TTT103
FYI, the annual 15K bonus points posted on the same statement as the annual fee.
Once the statement posts with the annual fee, and the 15K points are posted, we can cancel the card to get the annual fee refunded and keep the points, right?
Old Aug 11, 2016, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by mpeterson78
Once the statement posts with the annual fee, and the 15K points are posted, we can cancel the card to get the annual fee refunded and keep the points, right?
I doubt that Barclays would claw back the 15000 points, but I do not definitively know that. Keep in mind that the 15000 Point annual bonus has not been offered since last year, so you may not see that benefit any time soon. if your goal is to churn the card, then that's a different story.

Last edited by EmailKid; Oct 7, 2016 at 12:57 pm Reason: Fix quote code
Old Oct 7, 2016, 10:44 am

It looks like this card is getting a facelift in the form of Wyndham Rewards status (based on the type of card), elimination of foreign transaction fees, and a restructuring of how points are earned. No longer will you earn 2 points for all non-Wyndham purchases. You now earn 5 points for Wyndham stays, 2 points for grocery, gas, and utilities. You earn 1 point for everything else. The annual fee is also increasing to $75, and they will still maintain a no-fee version.

The elimination of the 2 points for all other purchases is a deal breaker for me.

I have not seen an effective date, but new applications off of the Wyndham site takes you to the new card features.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 11:18 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton/Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, SPG Gold
New Barclays Wyndham visa

I curretly hold the Wyndham Premium card with the 15000 point anniversary bonus, $69 annual fee. I was wondering if the new premium card with the $75 annual fee is considered a different product? Could you hold both cards and recieve both annual bonuses?
Old Oct 9, 2016, 12:39 pm

Note sure, but there is some information about the $75-fee card here:
https://thepointsguy.com/2016/10/wyn...-status-perks/

Last edited by muji; Oct 9, 2016 at 3:01 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.