Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2014, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
45k offer (added 12/7/17, limited time offer):https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...&cellNumber=69
  • 30,000 points for first purchase
  • 15,000 more after $2,000 spend
  • $75 annual fee, not waived

15k & 30K offers: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...eFall16WRCCNVP
  • 15k points
  • no minimum spend required
  • no annual fee
  • 30k points
  • $1,000 minimum spend
  • $75 annual fee, not waived
__________________________________________________ __________________________________

Caution:
Barclays has a history of not seeing the offer you signed up for, and demanding that you send it to them.
So save a printout or screen capture of the landing page that spells out the offer!

What's in this thread:
This thread starts out by discussing a slightly different version of this offer that was around in late 2013.
(That version waived the $69 fee the first year for the 45k offer; the current 30k and 45k offers do not.)
Only those posts from July 2014 forward are about the current offer;
all posts from Apr 2014 backward are about the late 2013 offer.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________

Wyndham includes many hotel groups, among them: Wyndham, Ramada, Travelodge, Microtel
Wyndham worldwide locations: http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/destinations

Ramada worldwide locations: http://www.ramada.com/hotels/destinations

Travelodge worldwide locations: http://www.travelodge.com/hotels/destinations

Microtel worldwide locations: http://www.microtelinn.com/hotels/destinations
Print Wikipost

Wyndham card offers; $75 AF

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2018, 12:02 pm

Programs: SW, AA, AS, UA
Same here. I checked today and saw the $50 statement credit along with the 30k bonus points for the initial purchase. When I check my Wyndham Rewards account, the points haven't posted yet. Anyone know how long the lag is between when points show up as earned on the credit card login to when they are available for use in the rewards account?
Old Jan 11, 2018, 10:19 pm

First purchase 12/24. 30K posted to wyndham 1/6, the day my statement closed.

I googled WYNDHAM REWARD CREDIT $50, and found a comment on a DoC post mentioning a $50 credit for using the card within 30 days of account opening. The post had the official verbiage so it must be listed somewhere I didn't see...
Old Jan 13, 2018, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pokeygirl
First purchase 12/24. 30K posted to wyndham 1/6, the day my statement closed.

I googled WYNDHAM REWARD CREDIT $50, and found a comment on a DoC post mentioning a $50 credit for using the card within 30 days of account opening. The post had the official verbiage so it must be listed somewhere I didn't see...
Such credits are tied to specific offer links.

Just because it's mentioned that someone using some link gets a $50 credit, if you didn't use the same link to apply, you offer may not have included it.

There are plenty of examples at multiple banks of one offer having a $$ credit and another offer not having it, both being available at the same time. It's due to the different offers being marketed to different places, but then people find those links and copy them, so the original marketing "separation" gets lost.
Old May 1, 2018, 2:01 pm

Anyone have a link to the 45K offer?
Old Jul 11, 2018, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by lasermizer
Anyone have a link to the 45K offer?
there is a 45k offer on doc of credit but beware... Barclays possibly extending their 6/24 rule to this card as well.
dhammer53 likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 12:36 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
Originally Posted by flew-d-coop
there is a 45k offer on doc of credit but beware... Barclays possibly extending their 6/24 rule to this card as well.
Yes i can confirm they do. Do you know which barclay card has no 6/24 rule
Old Jul 13, 2018, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by happyvoid
Yes i can confirm they do. Do you know which barclay card has no 6/24 rule
Not sure which aren't impacted by 6/24 or why some people seem to be skate this rule. One thing is for sure, we need more DP because they are hard to figure out!
Old Aug 27, 2019, 12:00 pm

Wyndham Card: 45K/$1,000 NAF First Year

Mods feel free to move this to an existing Wyndham CC thread as I couldn't find one on this forum.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/ymmv-...0-point-offer/

Last edited by mia; Aug 27, 2019 at 7:13 pm Reason: Tidy link
Old Aug 27, 2019, 6:43 pm

Even with 45K, the card is not worth it to me, unless you are a huge Wyndham fan. With the newer three tier award levels and elimination of the all inclusive resorts from Wyndham rewards, the card just does not do it for me – – nor does the Wyndham rewards program. Barclays will have to do much better than 45k. It was a nice incentive when properties were 15K per night, but now that their upper tier properties are 30K per night, the incentive just is not worth another hard pull.
philemer likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by flyer4512
Mods feel free to move this to an existing Wyndham CC thread as I couldn't find one on this forum.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/ymmv-...0-point-offer/
merged
Old Aug 27, 2019, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by TTT103
Even with 45K, the card is not worth it to me, unless you are a huge Wyndham fan. With the newer three tier award levels and elimination of the all inclusive resorts from Wyndham rewards, the card just does not do it for me – – nor does the Wyndham rewards program. Barclays will have to do much better than 45k. It was a nice incentive when properties were 15K per night, but now that their upper tier properties are 30K per night, the incentive just is not worth another hard pull.

For us 45K Wyndham transfers to $450 at Caesars for spending $1000

I don't care about hard pulls, 5 and 6 /24 ( Barclay) do concern me though
Old Aug 27, 2019, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by flyer4512
For us 45K Wyndham transfers to $450 at Caesars for spending $1000

I don't care about hard pulls, 5 and 6 /24 ( Barclay) do concern me though
Many cards will give you >$450 in value the first year. But you may already have a lot of those cards. If you like it, go for it. If it puts you at, or over, 5/24 you will be disqualified for new card offers that might give you >$450 in value. With hotel specials/discounts in Vegas you may be able to get a room at Caesars for ~$110/night.

Last edited by philemer; Aug 27, 2019 at 9:37 pm
Old Aug 27, 2019, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
Many cards will give you >$450 in value the first year. But you may already have a lot of those cards. If you like it, go for it. If it puts you at, or over, 5/24 you will be disqualified for new card offers that might give you >$450 in value. With hotel specials/discounts in Vegas you may be able to get a room at Caesars for ~$110/night.

I get free rooms in Vegas but I can use the $$$ from the Wyndham points transfer to CR to pay for anything on the property. We have about $350 to use for our Labor day weekend trip that starts Thursday.

I know how things work, we have about 5 million miles/points in stock as I head towards 0/24. Wife is LOL 24 as is player # 3, my dad who does not travel so we use his points/miles.

I was just posting how some could get decent value from 45k Wyndham points especially with the AF waived and a low ($1000) spend and also use the points for non hotel activities.

I also see a difference between a $450 cash vs $450 in airfare or hotel rooms via a CC SUB. I can fly to Vegas for free and stay for free but without a Wyndham transfer to CR or an Arrival type credit card I need to pay for what I do on site with the exception of drinks and a few free meals which I also get comped.

By the time I get to 5/24 in late 2020 the AA churn may be over so I may be looking for any card that will approve me.

Last edited by flyer4512; Aug 28, 2019 at 3:10 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.