Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2014, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
45k offer (added 12/7/17, limited time offer):https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...&cellNumber=69
  • 30,000 points for first purchase
  • 15,000 more after $2,000 spend
  • $75 annual fee, not waived

15k & 30K offers: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...eFall16WRCCNVP
  • 15k points
  • no minimum spend required
  • no annual fee
  • 30k points
  • $1,000 minimum spend
  • $75 annual fee, not waived
__________________________________________________ __________________________________

Caution:
Barclays has a history of not seeing the offer you signed up for, and demanding that you send it to them.
So save a printout or screen capture of the landing page that spells out the offer!

What's in this thread:
This thread starts out by discussing a slightly different version of this offer that was around in late 2013.
(That version waived the $69 fee the first year for the 45k offer; the current 30k and 45k offers do not.)
Only those posts from July 2014 forward are about the current offer;
all posts from Apr 2014 backward are about the late 2013 offer.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________

Wyndham includes many hotel groups, among them: Wyndham, Ramada, Travelodge, Microtel
Wyndham worldwide locations: http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/destinations

Ramada worldwide locations: http://www.ramada.com/hotels/destinations

Travelodge worldwide locations: http://www.travelodge.com/hotels/destinations

Microtel worldwide locations: http://www.microtelinn.com/hotels/destinations
Print Wikipost

Wyndham card offers; $75 AF

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2014, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Just created a wiki for the links.
And I added a note explaining this threads' multiple personality disorder.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 7:24 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by sdsearch
And I added a note explaining this threads' multiple personality disorder.
Nice... we support team work here.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1M
BoeingOrNotGoing sent me a link for the following:

https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...2014:BARCLAYST

Added to wiki
Old Nov 25, 2014, 3:41 pm

Programs: SW
Originally Posted by UA Fan
BoeingOrNotGoing sent me a link for the following:

https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...2014:BARCLAYST

Added to wiki
Thanks for the post! Looks like most fairly decent properties are around 10k points per night while a typical "hotel" experience is closer to 16k. So, 3-4 nights out of the offer. Not too shabby!
Old Nov 30, 2014, 7:06 pm

has anybody received anniversary points that also got the first year AF waived?

I am gonna close my card prior to the anniversary if not...

thanks
Old Dec 28, 2014, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would consider the anniversary points (is it 5500 or 6500 for $69?) a poor value anyway; the cheap WR hotels I stay at have "2000 bonus points" rates which are just $7 (for a one night-stay, which is what I usually do) above the AAA rate, so I essentially can "buy" 2000 points for $7. To be competitive, the anniversary points for $69 AF would therefore have to be closer to 20k points, which they aren't.

Anyway, while there is a no-annual-fee version of this card, when I called to close, they would not let me convert to that. They only pushed me to convert to Arrival or such (which I didn't want) and would not let me convert to the no-fee card. So I closed it. How silly of them, they blabbered "sorry to lose you as a customer", but it's their fault!
Old Dec 30, 2014, 8:28 pm

Just applied, instant approval with one US Air Card open

Saving 30K to transfer to Southwest to complete CP as I need 6K after the 104K from Credit cards posts next month.

$69 to complete CP and 16K points left for a room..........not too bad

Card is already showing up on my login so I not only printed the signup offer but also SM'd Barclay to confirm it's 45K
Old Dec 30, 2014, 8:56 pm

I would consider the anniversary points (is it 5500 or 6500 for $69?) a poor value anyway; the cheap WR hotels I stay at have "2000 bonus points" rates which are just $7 (for a one night-stay, which is what I usually do) above the AAA rate, so I essentially can "buy" 2000 points for $7. To be competitive, the anniversary points for $69 AF would therefore have to be closer to 20k points, which they aren't.

$7 hotel rooms ? I'm guessing I am reading this wrong and/or it's a typo ?
Old Dec 31, 2014, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by flyer4512
The way I read his statement is he can get his typical hotel room for the AAA price of $X or he can get the same room for the bonus price of $(X+7) which will give him 2000 bonus points in return. Since both options are for the same room, the costs can be set equal to each other. Quick algebra shows that in this case $7 = 2000 points.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyer4512
You are reading it wrong. You didn't notice the parentheses. If you factor out the parentheses, what I wrote was: "just $7 above the AAA rate". I was just explaining (in parentheses) the circumstances in which it's $7 (rather than some other amount) above the AAA rate; it may or may be different on a multi-night stay*, so that's why I was clarifying that it was $7 for a one-night stay. But that $7 was what it's above the AAA rate, not the whole rate by itself.

(*If I recall correctly, I think there was some other circumstance where I could get 5500 points for about $20 extra total on a three-night stay; that works out to a similar but slightly poorer value.)

By the way, the 2000 point rate was (at these particular hotels, anyway) exactly the same as the Best Available Rate. So theoretically, somoene who doesn't qualify for AAA or any other discount could look at it being able to get 2000 points per stay absolutely free (with a stay)! But since I do have AAA and thus qualify for that rate, it costs me $7 for those 2000 points.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 11:51 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Is this offer still going on? The wiki link shows the 45k offer, but the regular public offers on the Wyndham site are back to 30k. E-mails I've been getting from Wyndham are now only talking about the no fee, 20k offer.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by msp3
Is this offer still going on? The wiki link shows the 45k offer, but the regular public offers on the Wyndham site are back to 30k. E-mails I've been getting from Wyndham are now only talking about the no fee, 20k offer.
Was the 45k offer ever a regular public offer???

Do you want to apply or are you just asking out of curiosity? The link takes you to an application where the T&C footnotes still spell out the 30k+15k. If you choose to apply, make screen shots of everything, because even back when this offer was clearly current, Barclay demanded screen shots from several of us to prove it was a 45k offer we had signed up for.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 10:14 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Was the 45k offer ever a regular public offer???

Do you want to apply or are you just asking out of curiosity? The link takes you to an application where the T&C footnotes still spell out the 30k+15k. If you choose to apply, make screen shots of everything, because even back when this offer was clearly current, Barclay demanded screen shots from several of us to prove it was a 45k offer we had signed up for.
It was for quite a while from late last year onwards. Wanted to apply, then looked at their redemption rates and properties locally. Except for the Koloa Landing at Poipu Beach, not much and even then it's expensive on points.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 1:32 pm

I applied for this card today and did not get instant approval. I then called the recon line and she told me that since I applied for the US airways card in February and hardly ever used it (once to be exact), that they will not give me another card.

I plan on calling back in a few days, any suggestions on good talking points/reasons Why I need this card, despite not utilizing my US airways credit?
Old Jun 4, 2015, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rmonte4
I applied for this card today and did not get instant approval. I then called the recon line and she told me that since I applied for the US airways card in February and hardly ever used it (once to be exact), that they will not give me another card.

I plan on calling back in a few days, any suggestions on good talking points/reasons Why I need this card, despite not utilizing my US airways credit?
I'm not sure what talking points will help now.

If that's your only Barclay card, I suggest you use it some (even if only for small things), so that the next you apply for another Barclay card they won't have that excuse.

But I doubt there's anything you can do (other than just hoping you get someone else who "likes you" more) in a short time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.