Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2014, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
45k offer (added 12/7/17, limited time offer):https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...&cellNumber=69
  • 30,000 points for first purchase
  • 15,000 more after $2,000 spend
  • $75 annual fee, not waived

15k & 30K offers: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...eFall16WRCCNVP
  • 15k points
  • no minimum spend required
  • no annual fee
  • 30k points
  • $1,000 minimum spend
  • $75 annual fee, not waived
__________________________________________________ __________________________________

Caution:
Barclays has a history of not seeing the offer you signed up for, and demanding that you send it to them.
So save a printout or screen capture of the landing page that spells out the offer!

What's in this thread:
This thread starts out by discussing a slightly different version of this offer that was around in late 2013.
(That version waived the $69 fee the first year for the 45k offer; the current 30k and 45k offers do not.)
Only those posts from July 2014 forward are about the current offer;
all posts from Apr 2014 backward are about the late 2013 offer.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________

Wyndham includes many hotel groups, among them: Wyndham, Ramada, Travelodge, Microtel
Wyndham worldwide locations: http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/destinations

Ramada worldwide locations: http://www.ramada.com/hotels/destinations

Travelodge worldwide locations: http://www.travelodge.com/hotels/destinations

Microtel worldwide locations: http://www.microtelinn.com/hotels/destinations
Print Wikipost

Wyndham card offers; $75 AF

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2016, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
It's equivalent to an uncapped free night certificate with 18 months (soft) to 4 years (hard) expiration. What limits it is the overall lower quality of the average WyndhamRewards brand, compared to the free night certificates (sometimes capped to lower categories, never valid longer than 1 year AFAIK) from Chase for roughly similar annual fees with IHG, Marriott, and Hyatt.

While 15k for $69 for a Super 8 that's going for $119+tax is technically a good value, it's still a Super 8.
Which is why you wouldn't use it at a super 8. The bigger cities have great values for 15K wyndham points. If you don't travel to bigger cities at least once per year, then I can't really see why the card is of any use to an individual. The 15K flat redemption is great for city travelers. WIsh I had waited 4 months and gotten the 45K AF sign up. Instead, i got the 15 no AF card when the AF card was 30K.
Old May 9, 2016, 6:18 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, IHG Spire, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
Which is why you wouldn't use it at a super 8. The bigger cities have great values for 15K wyndham points. If you don't travel to bigger cities at least once per year, then I can't really see why the card is of any use to an individual. The 15K flat redemption is great for city travelers. WIsh I had waited 4 months and gotten the 45K AF sign up. Instead, i got the 15 no AF card when the AF card was 30K.
I should add that at some of the cheaper properties, the goFast option can provide fairly decent value.
Old May 10, 2016, 12:59 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by anime333
I should add that at some of the cheaper properties, the goFast option can provide fairly decent value.
At expensive locations, out can provide insane value. I've seen 7cpp.
Old May 23, 2016, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by exarkun
How long after your anniversary do your bonus points show up?
Anyone?
Old May 27, 2016, 2:03 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Does Barclays clawback the anniversary bonus if you cancel after the AF posts and get a refund?
Old May 27, 2016, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by msp3
Does Barclays clawback the anniversary bonus if you cancel after the AF posts and get a refund?
Did you get an anniversary bonus? If so, when, compared to your anniversary date?
Old May 27, 2016, 10:22 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Did you get an anniversary bonus? If so, when, compared to your anniversary date?
Not yet, hence wondering. I recall reading Barclays does clawback somewhere?
Old May 27, 2016, 1:46 pm

This card can be good value for China. Lots of nice, newer Wyndham properties there.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 12:16 pm

is the current 45k card different than the one circa Dec 2013?

if so, anyone else get the bonus twice?

it's been 24+ months since I got the card and fulfilled the spend requirement.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by riversidetom
is the current 45k card different than the one circa Dec 2013?

if so, anyone else get the bonus twice?

it's been 24+ months since I got the card and fulfilled the spend requirement.
And still have the card open or closed it when?

I have no idea about this card nor about Barclay churning rules today, but when Barclay had the US Airways card, back then some people could "stack" them up, but others (including myself) couldn't apply for a new one until some time had passed (many months) after closing the old one.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 6:57 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
How long after your anniversary do your bonus points show up?
I am also wondering. AF posted a few days ago and no anniv pts yet.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
And still have the card open or closed it when?

I have no idea about this card nor about Barclay churning rules today, but when Barclay had the US Airways card, back then some people could "stack" them up, but others (including myself) couldn't apply for a new one until some time had passed (many months) after closing the old one.
probably closed in 2014 is my best guess. it's already been removed from the Barclay dashboard when I log in.

edit: went ahead and applied for the 45k deal and got approved for the Signature Visa with $9K CL

Last edited by riversidetom; Jun 7, 2016 at 12:09 pm
Old Jun 7, 2016, 12:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
re: churning, FWIW I've gotten 5 new Barclay cards in 16 months, spaced out by ~3 months each time. Two of them, Frontier and Arrival+, are churns (card #1 still open when applied for #2). All instant approvals and bonus posted for all.

Love Barclay's perpetual churnability. BTW back in the days I was one of the unlucky fellas who couldn't get US Airways card #2 while #1 was open, and I used to get denied occasionally. But now they love me. No idea why.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 1:04 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, IHG Spire, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Rep told me that information will be coming out soon about a status benefit with the credit card.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 2:46 pm
rev

Originally Posted by italdesign
re: churning, FWIW I've gotten 5 new Barclay cards in 16 months, spaced out by ~3 months each time. Two of them, Frontier and Arrival+, are churns (card #1 still open when applied for #2). All instant approvals and bonus posted for all.

Love Barclay's perpetual churnability. BTW back in the days I was one of the unlucky fellas who couldn't get US Airways card #2 while #1 was open, and I used to get denied occasionally. But now they love me. No idea why.
So you're saying with Barclay's US card you'd get denied because you couldn't have multiple, but now the Arrival+ and Frontier Cards you are having success opening multiple without closing the previous ones? That's an interesting data point...

I just closed my Wyndham in hopes of reapplying for another bonus in a few weeks, since I was also regularly denied for the US card card when applying for multiple of those. Even over a month after I closed them, I'd still get that reason...slow system I suppose. I'm not sure if you're datapoint is good or bad news in my case for the Wyndham, but I'm hoping like back in the US days, they won't do an HP if their system still thinks I have the card. I'll report back when I do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.