Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2014, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
45k offer (added 12/7/17, limited time offer):https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...&cellNumber=69
  • 30,000 points for first purchase
  • 15,000 more after $2,000 spend
  • $75 annual fee, not waived

15k & 30K offers: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...eFall16WRCCNVP
  • 15k points
  • no minimum spend required
  • no annual fee
  • 30k points
  • $1,000 minimum spend
  • $75 annual fee, not waived
__________________________________________________ __________________________________

Caution:
Barclays has a history of not seeing the offer you signed up for, and demanding that you send it to them.
So save a printout or screen capture of the landing page that spells out the offer!

What's in this thread:
This thread starts out by discussing a slightly different version of this offer that was around in late 2013.
(That version waived the $69 fee the first year for the 45k offer; the current 30k and 45k offers do not.)
Only those posts from July 2014 forward are about the current offer;
all posts from Apr 2014 backward are about the late 2013 offer.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________

Wyndham includes many hotel groups, among them: Wyndham, Ramada, Travelodge, Microtel
Wyndham worldwide locations: http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/destinations

Ramada worldwide locations: http://www.ramada.com/hotels/destinations

Travelodge worldwide locations: http://www.travelodge.com/hotels/destinations

Microtel worldwide locations: http://www.microtelinn.com/hotels/destinations
Print Wikipost

Wyndham card offers; $75 AF

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2017, 5:20 pm
esf

Originally Posted by mpeterson78
Took me 3 months and several phone calls to get the bonus to finally post.
Barclays is notoriously bad for the amount of time you need to wait to receive bonus points. If you don't need the points, you can play the waiting game. In my experience points will eventually post (sometimes after third statement). If they don't, it can be a nightmare to call them, sometimes multiple times, to rectify the issue.

Last edited by esf; Mar 6, 2017 at 5:25 pm
Old Apr 6, 2017, 3:06 pm

does anyone have a working 45K link?

It looks like the one in the wiki, and all the ones in the last few pages of the thread are dead. It figures that I would wait just a little too long!

Last edited by headoflife; Apr 6, 2017 at 3:09 pm Reason: punctuation and spelling
Old May 4, 2017, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by headoflife
It looks like the one in the wiki, and all the ones in the last few pages of the thread are dead. It figures that I would wait just a little too long!
Seconding this request. I haven't been able to find anything, but maybe somebody got something new in the past month?
Old Jun 28, 2017, 1:48 pm

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
Wyndham Rewards Visa Signature Card increased bonus

Went to the sign-in page on Barclays to check our Wyndham CC balance this morning. The ad on that page was for the Wyndham card that we have except that the bonus for the first spend was for 30K points instead of the normal 15K. The $1000 spend bonus was still 15K, but that makes the total 45K vs. the norm 30K. Of course, I can't find that page now to post the link for the better offer here.

For anyone else who may have recently picked up this card like we did under the normal 30K point bonus: I sent a secure message to Barclays asking if it was possible to be matched to the new offer. They said yes.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by fredc84
Went to the sign-in page on Barclays to check our Wyndham CC balance this morning. The ad on that page was for the Wyndham card that we have except that the bonus for the first spend was for 30K points instead of the normal 15K. The $1000 spend bonus was still 15K, but that makes the total 45K vs. the norm 30K. Of course, I can't find that page now to post the link for the better offer here.

For anyone else who may have recently picked up this card like we did under the normal 30K point bonus: I sent a secure message to Barclays asking if it was possible to be matched to the new offer. They said yes.

When did you apply for the 30K card ? I applied ~ 2 1/2 weeks ago ( June 9) for the 30K card and sent an SM and called in and was denied the 45K offer both times.

Just an FYI the new offer requires a $2k spend.

How did you word your SM and what category did you choose , I chose rewards so I wonder if the department it gets routed to was not the issue as I have had Barclay match bonuses before? Thanks

Last edited by flyer4512; Jun 28, 2017 at 3:26 pm
Old Jun 28, 2017, 4:29 pm

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
Originally Posted by flyer4512
When did you apply for the 30K card ? I applied ~ 2 1/2 weeks ago ( June 9) for the 30K card and sent an SM and called in and was denied the 45K offer both times.

Just an FYI the new offer requires a $2k spend.

How did you word your SM and what category did you choose , I chose rewards so I wonder if the department it gets routed to was not the issue as I have had Barclay match bonuses before? Thanks
Huh. I applied for my card on 6/6. I sent it to the benefits category.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by fredc84
Huh. I applied for my card on 6/6. I sent it to the benefits category.

My last response, trying again.

We sincerely regret to inform you that we are unable to match the 45,000 bonus points offer as this offer was not yet available at the time of your application. Please note however that we may present promotions from time to time. To ensure receipt of promotional checks, please review your contact information online by accessing the 'Your profile' tab on the home page. In this tab, you may further click the 'Edit' link on the information that needs modification. We hope that we have been able to clarify the situation.

Still no luck, I give up

As mentioned from our previous response, we truly regret to inform you that we are unable to match the 45,000 bonus points offer as this offer was not yet available at the time of your application. Please note however that we may present promotions from time to time. To ensure receipt of promotional checks, please review your contact information online by accessing the 'Your profile' tab on the home page. In this tab, you may further click the 'Edit' link on the information that needs modification. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Last edited by flyer4512; Jun 28, 2017 at 6:05 pm
Old Jun 28, 2017, 8:30 pm

The new, limited-time offer allows for 30,000 points after first purchase - a good deal (especially for those who cannot meet the $2,000 minimum spend required for the full 45,000-point offer).
See wiki for details and link.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by muji
The new, limited-time offer allows for 30,000 points after first purchase - a good deal (especially for those who cannot meet the $2,000 minimum spend required for the full 45,000-point offer).
See wiki for details and link.
Thanks for fleshing out all the details.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 7:32 am

Programs: WN A-List, Club Carlson Concierge, IHG Plat, Choice Diamond: All things Chase
Does anyone know if a person can get both versions of the Wyndham card? I recently got the no annual fee version of the card when I signed up for the Choice card last month.

Based on my research in the Wyndham forum, it sounds like they are two different products.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by Don.Majik.Juan
Does anyone know if a person can get both versions of the Wyndham card? I recently got the no annual fee version of the card when I signed up for the Choice card last month.

Based on my research in the Wyndham forum, it sounds like they are two different products.

I have asked this question before but never received an answer.

If you apply the worse they can do is say no.

Keep us updated if you do apply

Last edited by flyer4512; Jul 6, 2017 at 9:45 pm
Old Jun 29, 2017, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by Don.Majik.Juan
Does anyone know if a person can get both versions of the Wyndham card?
I had the annual-fee version. I later on applied to get the non-annual-fee version; they did not approve the application.

They did not tell me, however, that one could not have both versions at the same time; they gave as a reason for the denial something like "we cannot approve you for another card at this time".
Old Aug 3, 2017, 7:50 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Any data points on if I can have the older 15K annual bonus version and the newer version of the card that gives Plat status simultaneously? I received a new version of the older card in the mail that had the white background design of the no annual fee card, rather than the blue background design of the annual fee card. So does that mean they are two separate products? Or would I need to close the 15K annual bonus version first?
Old Dec 7, 2017, 4:18 pm

The 45,000 point offer is back. Updating the wiki.

https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...&cellNumber=69
Old Jan 10, 2018, 8:47 am

Any idea what this is?1/5/18 WYNDHAM REWARD CREDIT $(50.00) posted to my account.

Just applied 12/7 for the card w/ 45K point offer. The $75 annual fee also posted to my account on 12/31. I've spent ~1K to date, none of it at a Wyndham property.

I checked the application info and didn't see anything about a $50 credit bonus. My partner received the same.

Also, I read that Platinum members receive 3K bonus points each calendar year. Does anyone know when that will post?

From my account: 01/15/18 Annual Points Bonus - PLATINUM Adjustment 3,000

Last edited by pokeygirl; Jan 26, 2018 at 8:58 pm Reason: answered my own question..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.