Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays (USA) Lufthansa MasterCard - Revived - 50K after $5K spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
50,000-mile offer

Earn 20,000 miles after your first purchase and payment of the annual fee,
then an additional 30,000 award miles after you make $5,000 in purchases w/in first 90 days.
  • $89 annual fee, not waived
  • no foreign transaction fees
  • annual companion ticket
  • 2 Lufthansa Business Lounge vouchers annually
https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...7&cellNumber=5

60,000-mile offer:
Same as the above 50K offer, except
an additional 40,000 award miles after you make $5,000 in purchases w/in first 90 days. To see this obscure obscure offers details, scroll down to Welcome Bonus in the T&C.
Print Wikipost

Barclays (USA) Lufthansa MasterCard - Revived - 50K after $5K spend

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2016, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by RobertHanson
Just so we're clear, it wasn't my intention to tell you that you had to wait 18 months to apply for another card. I did think you were probably intending to push the apps too hard, too soon. But the part about 18 months is just what we did, and it worked. Maybe 12 would work, IDN. What I'm pretty confident about is that you should put regular, not necessarily massive, but regular spend on any Barclays cards you have open if you hope to get more cards from them. Good Luck, and update here whatever you do and how that works out.
sure. will do. will aim to be a good customer in their eyes

i m a new customer for barclay and US Bank recently. (got the korean skypass targeted mailer for the latter). i thought barclay would be the one giving me troubles based on other reports i have but surprisingly nada.

it is US Bank that gives me all sorts of nonsense - dont allow me to spend more than $X amount even with the high CL i have bc i m new customer and high risk and blah. just frustrating bc i cannot MS on that card yet.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 2:37 am

I reached $5000 spend within the first month, but only the 30000 miles for $5k spend were posted. The 20000 miles for the first purchase did not get posted. Should I wait for another billing cycle to reach out to Secure Message Customer Service?
Old Nov 17, 2016, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
I reached $5000 spend within the first month, but only the 30000 miles for $5k spend were posted. The 20000 miles for the first purchase did not get posted. Should I wait for another billing cycle to reach out to Secure Message Customer Service?
"Earn 20,000 award miles after your first purchase and payment of the annual fee"

did you pay your annual fee?
Old Nov 17, 2016, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by ninim2200
"Earn 20,000 award miles after your first purchase and payment of the annual fee"

did you pay your annual fee?
I paid the fee after first statement closes along with all other purchases in my first billing cycle.

However, even after I paid the first month bill, the pending reward in my second month still does not show 20000, while 30000 miles were displayed after I crossed the $5k threshold.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
I paid the fee after first statement closes along with all other purchases in my first billing cycle.

However, even after I paid the first month bill, the pending reward in my second month still does not show 20000, while 30000 miles were displayed after I crossed the $5k threshold.
send them a message asking the status of the 20k bonus.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 5:10 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Did they loosen their standards ?

Applied for the American Airlines card and was instantly approved. Tested my luck on the Lufthansa one and got a pending. But now a few days later I was approved too. Two cards in a day with multiple new cards and pulls this year (10+)
Old Jan 24, 2017, 10:37 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Barclaycard Miles & More card

Hi,

I just applied and I have been approved for the Miles & More card, for the 50k offer. I had this card ~2 years ago, but I closed it around 1 year ago. I will still be eligible to get the bonus, correct?

thanks
Old Jan 24, 2017, 11:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Southwest CP, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
I'm not positive about the bonus but would think you're eligible to get it because Barclays will give bonuses multiple times on their other cards. I have another question to add... I also had this card 2.5 yrs ago and now have 35k points about to expire. If I remember correctly having the card keeps miles from expiring, so if I open another one of these cards will my old points be safe from expiration?
Old Jan 24, 2017, 5:18 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
Originally Posted by Intertraffic
I'm not positive about the bonus but would think you're eligible to get it because Barclays will give bonuses multiple times on their other cards. I have another question to add... I also had this card 2.5 yrs ago and now have 35k points about to expire. If I remember correctly having the card keeps miles from expiring, so if I open another one of these cards will my old points be safe from expiration?
I used to churn this card every year for about 4 years, so you will get the bonus. As far as expiring points, you have to not only have the card but charge something on it monthly. As long as you charge $1 on a monthly monthly basis, and that mile gets transferred to your M&M account it will keep extending the expiration usually to the end of the current quarter. I have miles that I have been extending this way for about a year now. I have an automatic charge of $3.99 that I charge on my M&M CC monthly.

If you have a CC and those miles are about expire I would suggest charging something on your card soon because those miles have to post to your M&M account before the expiration date so that the posted miles from you CC trigger an extension. And just keep charging something monthly.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
What are the best uses for M&M points, or what do you plan to use them for?

I'm trying to think of what a 2nd barclays card to apply for to combine pulls when I go for the Aviator, and considering this one.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 8:58 pm

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Best use IMO is for LH flights to Europe. With M&M, you will see availability further out than when searching via Star Alliance partners where seats open up about 2 weeks out for premium cabins
Old Feb 26, 2017, 11:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Plat, Marriott Plat,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat
Went through a few pages not seeing anything on the card. Planning a trip to europe and want to use miles and more points for ZRH or Geneva or maybe even FRA to LAX. Applied for cards for my wife and I wanting to get the 35K bonus miles(very helpful...). Will book business and then look for first availability, moving star points as well.
Both cards went pending, not typical with my other Barclaycard apps in past.

Tried to call to expedite but to no avail. Not possible? I don't see numbers to call other than the one that said "problems?" on the app which got me nowhere. Customer service, also, no. I'd assumed with my other high CL limit cards with them maybe I'd need to transfer the credit around but don't seem to be able to do. My wife I really don't understand, though.

Thoughts on how to get this done, ready to book....

Not opposed to 50k bonus with more spend if available, haven't found link to that
Old Feb 27, 2017, 9:58 am

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Jonesdds

Not opposed to 50k bonus with more spend if available, haven't found link to that
A link is in the wiki?
Old Mar 3, 2017, 2:31 pm

Programs: seeking best cc sign-up & spend bonus offers
I've had (2) M&M 50K bonuses in past, none yet used;
55K of 110K miles will expire 3/31/17 if no action;
Both previous cc's now closed, last on Jan-18-2017;
I plan to apply 50K $5K again but want to
be sure its via application with no anti-bonus
wording, just in case -- does it exist?
(also a Barclay phone rep said specifically
ALL new accts are bonus-qualified as opposed
to existing or previous accts. but is that fact???)
And if I spend $5K asap will that refresh
existing miles immediately pre-Mar-31?
This is at edge of my pts-miles skill set,
any advice appreciated!!!
Old Mar 3, 2017, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by TravelPhotographer
55K...miles will expire 3/31/17 if no action...if I spend $5K asap will that refresh existing miles immediately pre-Mar-31?
My understanding is that Lufthansa miles expire exclusively based on when they were earned.

Even if you are approved for a new card and earn bonus miles right away, the new miles will not likely post before March 31.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.