Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays (USA) Lufthansa MasterCard - Revived - 50K after $5K spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
50,000-mile offer

Earn 20,000 miles after your first purchase and payment of the annual fee,
then an additional 30,000 award miles after you make $5,000 in purchases w/in first 90 days.
  • $89 annual fee, not waived
  • no foreign transaction fees
  • annual companion ticket
  • 2 Lufthansa Business Lounge vouchers annually
https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...7&cellNumber=5

60,000-mile offer:
Same as the above 50K offer, except
an additional 40,000 award miles after you make $5,000 in purchases w/in first 90 days. To see this obscure obscure offers details, scroll down to Welcome Bonus in the T&C.
Print Wikipost

Barclays (USA) Lufthansa MasterCard - Revived - 50K after $5K spend

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2016, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by georob
Still learning, but I do like United/Southwest points a lot as they are very easy to use and often great value.
Southwest points are easy to use, but are far from a "great value", IMO as they're worth basically a max of 1.7 cpm since Southwest uses a fixed value redemption system. I do generally agree though about United. ^

Back to the point of this thread, thinking of picking this up at 50k miles. Given the lack of good offers out there right now, I'm beating the bushes for other cards... Also I've never had the LH card.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 1:49 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by littlewinglet
Can anyone please confirm successful booking of new SQ business (or first) using LH miles? I can't seem to find confirmation online on any blogs or the LH ft forum.
How the old system used to work: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...340-500-a.html

Report of redemption in Feb 2015: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24426412-post498.html
June 2015: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25047028-post501.html

Upgrade Feb 2016: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26249323-post513.html
Old Jul 11, 2016, 7:47 am

Programs: All of them

Thanks! Is SQ C business or first? ....or coach? I suppose next time I need to book SQ biz class, it's worth calling LH award line just in case.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by littlewinglet
Thanks! Is SQ C business or first? ....or coach? I suppose next time I need to book SQ biz class, it's worth calling LH award line just in case.
SQ C is business Class SQ.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by dukerau
No. LH will charge their pricing, which is the same 30k miles one way. LH passes along carrier surcharges, while United does not. That's why the difference in the cash cost, and LH won't "match" United. Note that there are no fuel surcharges (thus nothing for LH to charge) on United flights.

That would be a BA flight. AA doesn't charge big carrier surcharges, but they do pass them along. So BA has them (very high) as does IB (moderate). AA miles can be used on AA, Airberlin, and Finnair flights to Europe without any carrier surcharges.
Thanks!
If I find a ticket from Denver to Beijing, for example, at United with United carrier, will LH match and I can use LH points for the trip? And how about domestic USA flights?
Old Jul 11, 2016, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by georob
Thanks!
If I find a ticket from Denver to Beijing, for example, at United with United carrier, will LH match and I can use LH points for the trip? And how about domestic USA flights?
here is Miles & More link to award redemtion
Old Jul 13, 2016, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by frudd38
Advance access to J/F space...
Do I get better j/f award access to Swiss flight (lax-Zrh) in advance without having to wait until swiss opens it up to UA on the day of travel? Lax-Zrh j/f awards are nearly impossible to find in advance on ua website before the day of departure.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
Do I get better j/f award access to Swiss flight (lax-Zrh) in advance without having to wait until swiss opens it up to UA on the day of travel? Lax-Zrh j/f awards are nearly impossible to find in advance on ua website before the day of departure.
You can only get Swiss FC on an award if you are HON Circle Elite. If you aren't sure if you are, then you aren't.

However, using LH miles gets you advance LH awards, so that's most likely true with Swiss Biz as well.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 9:28 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by RobertHanson
You can only get Swiss FC on an award if you are HON Circle Elite. If you aren't sure if you are, then you aren't.
And Senators too. (The M&M kind, not the Senate)
Old Jul 14, 2016, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by RobertHanson

However, using LH miles gets you advance LH awards, so that's most likely true with Swiss Biz as well.
Yea I know. The problem now is how much YQ do they charge on LH first class award and LX biz award in each direction lax <-> Europe?
Old Jul 14, 2016, 12:56 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
(The M&M kind, not the Senate)
I love peanut M&M

Old Aug 26, 2016, 6:13 pm

Barclaycard app asking for my Driver Lic, Social Security card, Bank Statement?

I got denied Miles And More application, called recon, and they said they want to verify my identity due to security reason (obviously this is the reason for denial). Not only are they asking to see it, they're asking me to mail the copies of each document via snail mail (Last time, this is 2016, not 1995).

This seems a little way over the top. Did anyone have experience of actually sending documents containing your personal private information in snail mail to their PO Box address?

I am having second thought whether Miles and More card (and possibly jetblue card in the future) is worth this hassle.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 2:58 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
...Did anyone have experience
I see a previous report in 2014, and I recall reading about similar requests in other threads. Not often, but not unprecedented.
Old Sep 3, 2016, 7:29 pm

The 50,000-mile offer may be ending on 10/2/16 (see Wiki).
At least the offer connected to one of the two links in the Wiki will end on that date.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 3:54 pm

Programs: A bunch
Looks like the offer is 35k after $1k spend now Im probably the only one that prefers this offer over the 50k offer.

Im not spending $4k extra for 15k extra miles. Not worth it to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.