FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your M&M award booking experience
Old Jun 30, 2015, 12:30 am
demue

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
So the thread seemed to linger without much activity so let me put in an update for old times sake. Booking for family to visit SIN / DPS.

Which route/airline did you book and which class?
LEJ-FRA-SIN/SIN-DPS//DPS-SIN-FRA-LEJ in LH C, SQ C (SIN-DPS-SIN)

How many pax and how many award miles?
1 pax, 135K miles plus approx. 1,050 SGD / 700 Euro (I was quoted in SGD as I called into the Singapore M&M number I guess)

How many days/weeks/months did you book in advance?
18 weeks

Have you been able to book your preferred dates of travel?
I had to change the outbound date by one (later) day since no C award was available on the date originally planned. Return long-haul SIN-FRA had option of SQ C for the mid-day SQ326 flight, but it means leaving the hotel in DPS at like 6amish which isn't fun so went with LH instead.

Were you happy with the award booking procedure (e.g. online/by phone)?
As usual I had checked availability online for LH/LX and knew SQ between SIN and DPS to have plenty of C award seats (showed on ANA and even on LM), but did inquire on SQ long-haul with some C award seats available that didn't show anywhere else outside of KF. Again seems to prove the point that LH can have slightly better access to SQ award inventory than other *A carriers.

Strangely, the two agents I talked to when calling the local Singapore office number sounded faintly Japanese in my book, but I may be off. Definitely not Indian or Singaporean Chinese or similar. Call was quite smooth though when assembling the trip segment by segment.

How often did you have to check/call until you got the seats?
Twice due to first checking SQ availability via M&M and then adjusting my plans based on availability and making the booking in the second call.