Wiki Posts
Search

Award on Singapore Airlines All Business Class A340-500

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2010, 9:58 pm
Original Poster

Award on Singapore Airlines All Business Class A340-500

Hi,

I am contemplating an award in C on the all business class Singapore Airlines flights to either LAX or JFK from SIN.

1) Am I right to assume that the required amount of miles is only 120,000 for those particular flights (Asia-North American) ?

2) Has somebody any feedback about the booking experience of an award on those flights through M&M (couldnt find using the search function)?

Thanks!
Old Oct 11, 2010, 12:59 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Th@LYS
Hi,

I am contemplating an award in C on the all business class Singapore Airlines flights to either LAX or JFK from SIN.

1) Am I right to assume that the required amount of miles is only 120,000 for those particular flights (Asia-North American) ?

2) Has somebody any feedback about the booking experience of an award on those flights through M&M (couldnt find using the search function)?

Thanks!
If - and that is a mighty, mighty big IF - you would be able to get a business class seat on that particular SQ A345 flight via M&M (using M&M miles) then yes - theoretically - the required mileage would be 120K miles for SIN-LAX or SIN-EWR. The service to from JFK goes via FRA and is on a 747 with Spacebeds (older SQ BIz, angled lie flat seat not much unlike LH's current C seat). It should be possible for 120K miles given it operates under one flight number.

However, I hope you do realize that officially redemptions on this "new" SQ business class on A380, A345 & B77W is not possible with miles from other *A FFPs as it is restricted by SQ to members of their own FFP Kris Flyer (who pay a nice 100% premium for redemptions of thsoe seats). Yes there have been some sporadic successes by people using LH M&M miles, e.g. more recently on MUC-SIN or SIN-MUC flights and a few other routes but this is the exception rather then the rule.

However, certainly it does not hurt to ask M&M for it. Just be prepared that the answer is that there is no availability at all. Good luck

Last edited by demue; Oct 11, 2010 at 7:36 am
Old Oct 11, 2010, 2:03 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
I didn't realize SQ switched from EWR to JFK for the long nonstop to SIN
Old Oct 11, 2010, 2:10 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by demue
However, I hope you do realize that officially redemptions on this "new" SQ business class on A380, A345 & B77W is not possible with miles from other *A FFPs as it is restricted by SQ to members of their own FFP Kris Flyer (who pay a nice 100% premium for redemptions of thsoe seats). Yes there have been some sporadic successes by people using LH M&M miles, e.g. more recently on MUC-SIN or SIN-MUC flights and a few other routes but this is the exception rather then the rule.
Its seems M&M and SQ have new A380/B77W C available on some routes. I vaguely remember someone mentioning which routes.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Talking

Originally Posted by supermasterphil
They didn't !
Finding an award seat on that flight is like calling the Pope in Rome and his Holiness actually answering the phone!
Old Oct 11, 2010, 4:04 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Originally Posted by supermasterphil
The two SIN NYC A345 routes are EWR-SIN and JFK-FRA-SIN.

SunLover
Old Oct 11, 2010, 4:40 am

Programs: LH, AB & CX Gold, SIXT Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, etc.
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Its seems M&M and SQ have new A380/B77W C available on some routes. I vaguely remember someone mentioning which routes.
I have a redemtion flight on SQ A-380 C-class SIN-SYD.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 4:55 am

Programs: QF,KRIS,VIRGIN
I am a very excited Kris Flyer points user for travel SIN-LAX and return.
Redemptions on their 747 in First is available on SAVER points and the A345 in J for Standard points virtually non stop availability.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 5:00 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by SunLover
The two SIN NYC A345 routes are EWR-SIN and JFK-FRA-SIN.
A345 on JFK-FRA-SIN
Old Oct 11, 2010, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
JFK-FRA-SIN is on the 744 with SpaceBed.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 7:39 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Absolutely. To summarize SIN-USA flights and C product offered:

- SIN-LAX-SIN on A345 (new SQ C - well they still call it new so I go with that )
- SIN-EWR-SIN on A345 (new SQ C)
- SIN-FRA-JFK-FRA-SIN on 747 (Spacebed)
- SIN-NRT-LAX-NRT-SIN on 747 (Spacebed)
- SIN-HKG-SFO-HKG-SIN on 77W (new SQ C)
- SIN-ICN-SFO-ICN-SFO on 77W (new SQ C)
Old Oct 11, 2010, 7:46 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, LH FTL, FB Gold, LATAM Black Signature
I am still confused...

Is it, or is it not possible to book C Class Award on SQ's 77W operated flights?

They will start GRU-BCN soon and I figured the faster I act, they more likely I am to get a award seat in that flight...
Old Oct 11, 2010, 8:01 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Let's get back to the topic:

Yes, LH is getting seats in Business Class on 77W/A380/345.

I was holding a confirmed booking with SIN-LAX on the 345 in business but had to cancel for personal reasons.

LH was able to offer me (find and confirm seats) for EWR-SIN return for dates in September but I did not book.

I am holding a booking SIN-NRT overnight in Business Class on the A380 (60.000 miles return a great deal!)

Seats are very rare though and it seems that POS does play a role: I was not successful to redeem SIN-HND but I read on FT that someone got HND-SIN...
Old Oct 11, 2010, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

SIN-DME-IAH-DME-SIN on 77W (new C).
Old Oct 11, 2010, 1:16 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SMK77
Yes, LH is getting seats in Business Class on 77W/A380/345.

I was holding a confirmed booking with SIN-LAX on the 345 in business but had to cancel for personal reasons.

LH was able to offer me (find and confirm seats) for EWR-SIN return for dates in September but I did not book.

I am holding a booking SIN-NRT overnight in Business Class on the A380 (60.000 miles return a great deal!)

Seats are very rare though and it seems that POS does play a role: I was not successful to redeem SIN-HND but I read on FT that someone got HND-SIN...
Originally Posted by TerryK
SIN-DME-IAH-DME-SIN on 77W (new C).
Were you able to check availability somehow (KrisFlyer?), or you just called M&M to check?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.