FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Barclays (USA) Lufthansa MasterCard - Revived - 50K after $5K spend
Old Jan 24, 2017, 5:18 pm
eknock007

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
Originally Posted by Intertraffic
I'm not positive about the bonus but would think you're eligible to get it because Barclays will give bonuses multiple times on their other cards. I have another question to add... I also had this card 2.5 yrs ago and now have 35k points about to expire. If I remember correctly having the card keeps miles from expiring, so if I open another one of these cards will my old points be safe from expiration?
I used to churn this card every year for about 4 years, so you will get the bonus. As far as expiring points, you have to not only have the card but charge something on it monthly. As long as you charge $1 on a monthly monthly basis, and that mile gets transferred to your M&M account it will keep extending the expiration usually to the end of the current quarter. I have miles that I have been extending this way for about a year now. I have an automatic charge of $3.99 that I charge on my M&M CC monthly.

If you have a CC and those miles are about expire I would suggest charging something on your card soon because those miles have to post to your M&M account before the expiration date so that the posted miles from you CC trigger an extension. And just keep charging something monthly.