Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays (USA) Lufthansa MasterCard - Revived - 50K after $5K spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
50,000-mile offer

Earn 20,000 miles after your first purchase and payment of the annual fee,
then an additional 30,000 award miles after you make $5,000 in purchases w/in first 90 days.
  • $89 annual fee, not waived
  • no foreign transaction fees
  • annual companion ticket
  • 2 Lufthansa Business Lounge vouchers annually
https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...7&cellNumber=5

60,000-mile offer:
Same as the above 50K offer, except
an additional 40,000 award miles after you make $5,000 in purchases w/in first 90 days. To see this obscure obscure offers details, scroll down to Welcome Bonus in the T&C.
Print Wikipost

Barclays (USA) Lufthansa MasterCard - Revived - 50K after $5K spend

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2015, 2:18 am

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by ninim2200
if you are willing to pay the Taxes you can get some decent seats on lufthansa. Last i used the miles for 2 seats for my wife and son from Zurich to LAX in J, on Swiss airlines, taxes were around $200 each.
That's great . Usually around $500 + EXE ATH or JFK to ATH
Old Dec 16, 2015, 12:23 pm

Blah, still no luck.

Got an email and mailing for the 35K points sign up in the past week. Was really hoping for a 50K before year end.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by TravelingRabbit
Blah, still no luck.

Got an email and mailing for the 35K points sign up in the past week. Was really hoping for a 50K before year end.
I'm so tired of checking here and finding nothing new.

I've just about finished my spend for enough LH miles for a FC TATL award. But have been hoping to get a card for DW, as she will be so upset if I fly LH FC and don't take her along.

If someone comes across a new 50K offer, please PM me.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 12:59 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Subscription tutorial removed. Meanwhile, just click HERE to subscribe, and read more here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...solidated.html
Old Feb 2, 2016, 8:17 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
How often can you apply/get the sign on bonus? Is it like the old US Airways card where you can essentially get a new one along with the sign on bonus every six months?
Old Feb 2, 2016, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by TOMFORD
How often can you apply/get the sign on bonus? Is it like the old US Airways card where you can essentially get a new one along with the sign on bonus every six months?
Hmmm... If so, that might solve the dilemma of not having the 50K offer recur. Anyone have any data points on this?
Old Feb 5, 2016, 7:39 am

Programs: A bunch
Originally Posted by RobertHanson
Hmmm... If so, that might solve the dilemma of not having the 50K offer recur. Anyone have any data points on this?
Its churnable but dont know the time frame. I just churned this for my wife. She had it, closed it and the account showed in her barclays account for 6 months after closure. When it fell of her Barclays account she reapplied and got approved. She also has the AA aviator card with them so I played it slow. But the 55k bonusfrom last yr and 35 this yr is enough for LH F to Europe if u dont mind the taxes.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by pointspinnacle
Its churnable but dont know the time frame. I just churned this for my wife. She had it, closed it and the account showed in her barclays account for 6 months after closure. When it fell of her Barclays account she reapplied and got approved. She also has the AA aviator card with them so I played it slow. But the 55k bonusfrom last yr and 35 this yr is enough for LH F to Europe if u dont mind the taxes.
^ Thanks for letting us know. I got the 55K offer the last time it came out, but that didn't fit in DW's churn cycle, and then it disappeared sooner than we expected. We didn't worry, since it had been recurring every few months. Very frustrating that it hasn't been back in so long.

Good to know it is churnable. Now the only dilemma is the fear that the day after we pull the trigger for just 35K, they bring back the 55K offer.

How long did she have it open before closing it? When the AF hit, or sooner?
Old Feb 12, 2016, 3:07 pm

Programs: A bunch
Originally Posted by RobertHanson
^ Thanks for letting us know. I got the 55K offer the last time it came out, but that didn't fit in DW's churn cycle, and then it disappeared sooner than we expected. We didn't worry, since it had been recurring every few months. Very frustrating that it hasn't been back in so long.

Good to know it is churnable. Now the only dilemma is the fear that the day after we pull the trigger for just 35K, they bring back the 55K offer.

How long did she have it open before closing it? When the AF hit, or sooner?
I believe around 10-12 months.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by pointspinnacle
I believe around 10-12 months.
Thanks...
Old Feb 25, 2016, 6:10 pm

It really sucks that this hasn't popped up to 50K+. Been waiting for 4+ months. : (
Old Mar 2, 2016, 9:53 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Barclays (USA) Lufthansa MasterCard - 50k miles for $5k spend [Now 35k for $1K spend]

The 50k offer is back
Lufthansa .com it is shown on the front page or click on Miles and More
In the pop up window scroll all the way down to Credit Card and the 50k offer shows up
Old Mar 2, 2016, 10:17 am

Barclays (USA) Lufthansa MasterCard - 50k miles for $5k spend

I too can confirm as I just received the Lufthansa email offer moments ago
Old Mar 2, 2016, 2:37 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by blitzen
The 50k offer is back
Thank you. It's been almost three years since we last did this, so definitely time to repeat for 110,000 rather easy M&M miles. ^
Old Mar 2, 2016, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Wiki updated. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.