Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

2013 App-O-Rama (AOR) and Churn Advice Archive

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 App-O-Rama (AOR) and Churn Advice Archive

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2013, 3:16 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
18 months between apps for the same Citi card. If you are a Sole Proprietor you will only be able to do one Citi app in 24 hours (I believe). If your business has an EIN should be different.

Do the US Air cards first as Barclays is a pain to deal with.

Why not get both the UA and the CSP/Ink?

You can always manufacture spend, it should put you just at the threshold for some of these, and you can always accelerate the remaining.

Last edited by PainCorp; Apr 3, 2013 at 5:04 pm
Old Apr 3, 2013, 11:38 am

Programs: status free since 2017
Originally Posted by PainCorp
You can always manufacture spend, it should put you just at the threshold for some of these, and you can always accelerate the remaining.
What do you mean here?
Old Apr 3, 2013, 12:17 pm

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Originally Posted by carsnoceans:20529940
What do you mean here?
There is a subforum on here about manufactured spend... but its basically stuff like buying gift cards to use later or prepaying on your cable bill, etc.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 12:59 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by skitch23
There is a subforum on here about manufactured spend... but its basically stuff like buying gift cards to use later or prepaying on your cable bill, etc.
That's accelerated spending, manufactured is buying things that give you cash, like VR, or AFT which show you spending quite a bit more than you actually are.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 12:59 pm

Got it. I haven't done this before so I wasn't sure if I should go for 2-3 cards at a time or can hit as many 4-5 application before going through the cool-off period.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 1:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by carsnoceans
Got it. I haven't done this before so I wasn't sure if I should go for 2-3 cards at a time or can hit as many 4-5 application before going through the cool-off period.
How many cards depends on your credit, income, what you feel you can spend between real spending, accelerated spending and manufactured spending. I did 8 on my first churn in January and just finished spending.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 3:20 pm

Sorry about more newbie questions - what is the difference between manufactured and accelerated spending?
Old Apr 3, 2013, 3:42 pm
Suspended

Sorry about more newbie questions - what is the difference between manufactured and accelerated spending?
Accelerated is just moving spending you would otherwise do later forward, such as per-paying utilities, or buying gas gift cards.

Manufactured spending is basically finding a way to purchase cash with your CC through some service. You can find a bunch of these covered in depth in the Manufactured Spending, it's tricky, and really only worth it (usually) for minimum spend.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 3:53 pm

Another good way to accelerate spending is paying for your auto insurance in 12 month or 6 month increments ahead of time. That's usually a large chunk of change.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 11:54 pm

Should I cancel my Marriott visa from Chase to reduce my chase related credit line?? Don't want a rejection from Chase on Sapphire and Ink.

Is it better to apply for all cards now or do in two sets (now and then in couple of months)?
Old Apr 4, 2013, 12:07 am
Suspended

Should I cancel my Marriott visa from Chase to reduce my chase related credit line?? Don't want a rejection from Chase on Sapphire and Ink.

Is it better to apply for all cards now or do in two sets (now and then in couple of months)?
All at once. And never cancel a Chase card right before an AoR. You can always cancel it and move the CL over if you have to call reconsideration. Chase is one of the easiest banks to get approved with.

If you really have your heart set on canceling it, move the CL to another Chase card first, so you can transfer it over to a new card if you need to.
Old Apr 4, 2013, 12:12 am

All at once. And never cancel a Chase card right before an AoR. You can always cancel it and move the CL over if you have to call reconsideration. Chase is one of the easiest banks to get approved with.

If you really have your heart set on canceling it, move the CL to another Chase card first, so you can transfer it over to a new card if you need to.
Can I merge credit line (i assume that stands for CL) between a marriot cc and UR cc?

All at once.
Okay, on it. I have my cards planned out. Just got the US Airways and now to the next application.
Old Apr 4, 2013, 12:50 am
Suspended

Can I merge credit line (i assume that stands for CL) between a marriot cc and UR cc?
You can merge, split, transfer, etc between all Chase cards. They'll even let you take credit from a personal card to be able to open up a business card.
Old Apr 4, 2013, 1:02 am

Thanks PC. You have been helpful.

Now, time for a quick update.. went through the first app-o-rama and got 3/5.

Instant approvals:
US Airways World MC
Chase Sapphire Preferred
Citi AAdvantage visa (45K; 2500 spending in 3mos)

Pending:
SPG Amex
Chase Ink Bold

Now I applied as a sole proprietor (on Ink bold) since i don't have a business or business income and was half-expecting them to hold back. WIll try giving both places a call tomorrow. Any tips/suggestions on past experiences?

Also, I wanted to apply for Citi AAdvantage Amex but thinking of holding on it till tomorrow. The two pending cards have a spending requirement of 10K! It will be too much to handle. Would it be too late to try for Citi Amex card tomorrow if I don't get approved on the other two cards?
Old Apr 4, 2013, 1:05 am
Suspended

You can't get the two citi cards at the same time, you could do the Gold for 30k AA miles though.

Chase rarely approves business cards without a call, I'll see if I can scrounge up some information to send you about the recon calls for those cards.

Amex might just need to verify something, I wouldn't worry too much if you didn't lie about anything, worst case they say no!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.