Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2016, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MCIdave
Yes real business with good revenue. I got instantly approved online (2nd biz card ~120 days later from the first). I signed up with my FEIN? I was just curious why they specifically wanted me to fax in information that was not only readily available via entity search but how much value did it really add.
Probably EIN is very easy to get at no fee so BofA wants to make sure it is not the case. You cannot really make those robotic "analysts" make intelligent decisions when their rule book says that is what is required. they probably dont even have the ability to go online to search! I am not kidding.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 12:53 pm

I got the same thing. Made me wish I had applied through my other business which I am a sole proprietor of.

Originally Posted by MCIdave
I got a call from BOA fraud dept on a biz card I was instantly approved for. They wanted me to fax in my articles of organization. I told them if they go to my state govt website they can find everything they need dating back to 1997 by simply doing an entity search. After a bit back and forth I gave up and faxed the info they requested in. Is this a normal request?
Old Feb 9, 2016, 7:10 pm
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Been reading through the last 25 pages or so...trying to figure out if many are still applying 2 cards (1 personal, 1 biz) on the same day and being approved.

Noticed a couple data points of approval and didn't see any being declined on 2 in one day.

Wanted to double check and see if anyone else have data points to offer.

I applied for 2 cards (1 per, 1 biz) back in Aug and Sep. 2015. so I figure it's been long enough to get a 2 more.

Thanks so much!
Old Feb 10, 2016, 2:33 pm

Applied for 1st AS card in 10 months last week (5 days ago now) with occupation as student with alternate income. Application went to pending and got what seemed like a very inexperienced CSR on the phone. After an extremely long hold he came back and said he could approve for an 18k credit line if I moved 15k from another BoA Amex card. I had to tell him he can't transfer credit from that account as I was only an AU, which he quickly agreed was correct. On hold again for ~10 mins and he comes back that I can only be approved for a CL of $1.8k because I'm a student. I tell him about alternate income and there is more discussion and more holding and suddenly I'm approved for a signature card with a CL of 15k! OK?!

Five days later and no miles in my AS account. Did he screw up my app when he came back with the $1.8k offer? Any idea how long these bonuses can take to post? Last time it was the next day after approval.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 2:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Elite Platinum
Originally Posted by md10md
Applied for 1st AS card in 10 months last week (5 days ago now) with occupation as student with alternate income. Application went to pending and got what seemed like a very inexperienced CSR on the phone. After an extremely long hold he came back and said he could approve for an 18k credit line if I moved 15k from another BoA Amex card. I had to tell him he can't transfer credit from that account as I was only an AU, which he quickly agreed was correct. On hold again for ~10 mins and he comes back that I can only be approved for a CL of $1.8k because I'm a student. I tell him about alternate income and there is more discussion and more holding and suddenly I'm approved for a signature card with a CL of 15k! OK?!

Five days later and no miles in my AS account. Did he screw up my app when he came back with the $1.8k offer? Any idea how long these bonuses can take to post? Last time it was the next day after approval.
I received my card in the first few weeks of this year. Made a purchase. No miles. I called both Chase and AS to figure out what was wrong. They said when the statement closes, I'll receive my miles. And as soon as my statement closed, I did receive my miles....just a few days ago. Weird.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by LivelyFL
I received my card in the first few weeks of this year. Made a purchase. No miles. I called both Chase and AS to figure out what was wrong. They said when the statement closes, I'll receive my miles. And as soon as my statement closed, I did receive my miles....just a few days ago. Weird.
That is strange, since there is no min spnd required for the bonus. Thus no reason to wait for anything to post. In the past, I've gotten the miles almost immediately.

I just applied for another AS card today. I had lowered the CL to $3K on my only open AS card a few months ago. Didn't use it much beyond the $1K for the statement credit the first 3 months, but have been doing @$1500 monthly spend the last 3 months. Got an instant approval, (after an online id check by the computer, which asked about past addresses etc) and a credit line of $18K. Plus they gave me the number to use to purchase right away, all the way to my full CL, without waiting to get the card in the mail. That was a first.

When my miles show up I'll post that.

I meant to apply for this card quarterly, but lost track of the time, and went 6 months. Plan to cancel the first card in about a month, lower the new CL on the new card to $3K, then apply again 2 months later. I've had a bunch of these cards the past couple of years, but haven't used any AS miles yet. I have a feeling there is an in-flight shower in my future.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 5:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Elite Platinum
[QUOTE=RobertHanson;26164919]That is strange, since there is no min spnd required for the bonus. Thus no reason to wait for anything to post. In the past, I've gotten the miles almost immediately.

The Chase rep told me (don't know if it's truth), that I had to make one purchase before I get my miles.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 7:53 pm
rev

The Chase rep told me (don't know if it's truth), that I had to make one purchase before I get my miles.
Not correct. Many people, including myself (most recent data point, earlier this week) get their AS miles posted before they even get the card in the mail, and if not that quick, then very shortly after. I've never heard of having to make a purchase and wait for the statement to close.

It's common the reps don't know the benefits correctly, hell just two weeks ago it took two HUCAs until I got one that knew stopovers were even allowed, but even if your rep wasn't correct in the requirement to purchase something, I still couldn't guess why your miles took so long to post. What matters is you got them though. Still some of the easiest in this hobby, one purchase or not.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 4:21 am
Suspended

[QUOTE=LivelyFL;26165196]
Originally Posted by RobertHanson
That is strange, since there is no min spnd required for the bonus. Thus no reason to wait for anything to post. In the past, I've gotten the miles almost immediately.

The rep lied
Old Feb 11, 2016, 6:13 am

Not exactly 2 AS cards, but got AS and Amtrak cards on same day applications.
$12K AS, $11K on Amtrak. Both went to pending, 1 call to clarify the Amtrak. I had 1 AS active (from June or July), and lowered the limit to 3K last week to free up credit (if it was even needed).
Old Feb 11, 2016, 8:14 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
[QUOTE=LivelyFL;26165196]
Originally Posted by RobertHanson

I assume you meant Bank of America, which is the bank that issues the AS card. If you did speak to Chase, well, that explains the wrong info.

[QUOTE=TMM1982;26167047]

The rep lied
Seems harsh -- the rep probably just didn't know how it really works.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 8:51 am

My wife and I have had enough of these cards that I am pretty sure the miles post in batches. I've had the miles post before I got the card, and other times take almost until the statement date or past it. But never had to call in or do anything, they always came. I always made a purchase just in case but the "before you get the card" suggests that isn't strictly necessary.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 9:57 am

hi guys, just applied for my first alaska airlines credit card and unfortunately was approved for the platinum with $2,500 credit line. I have a 750 credit score, and have not have a problem with other banks giving me a higher credit line. Can I call BoA and request reconsideration for the visa signature version? Thanks
Old Feb 11, 2016, 11:38 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald

Not surprising that a Chase rep would have no idea about a BoA credit card policy.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 12:01 pm

I read last few pages and still confuse about closing current accounts before applying new card. So let me ask again, I have 3 open personal cards and 2 open buss cards since last July. I already requested to reduce my limits to 2 K on each of them last month and it has been reduced. Should I close all (or some) cards before applying new 1 personal and 1 buss card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.