Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2011, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
No, but note:
So all you have to do is spend $75K over three years and voila! You'll be silver!
Old May 20, 2011, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by hard2please
So all you have to do is spend $75K over three years and voila! You'll be silver!
easy. just a bunch of coins lol
Old May 21, 2011, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ok I was initially denied but found and called the back office of Barclays and just got approved for this thing.

Just not sure which card is which. They have decided to issue me a $5k cr limit MC world mastercard, stating it has the us air benefits but they were unable at that office to confirm what exactly these are.

Anyone here get that card instead of a Visa?

MM
Old May 21, 2011, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
ok I was initially denied but found and called the back office of Barclays and just got approved for this thing.

Just not sure which card is which. They have decided to issue me a $5k cr limit MC world mastercard, stating it has the us air benefits but they were unable at that office to confirm what exactly these are.

Anyone here get that card instead of a Visa?

MM
Visa? I thought all the Barclay's USAir cards were Mastercards. The only question was whether they gave the one with the full bonus or downgraded to the Platinum card. Did you apply through the 35K bonus mile link? Usually the cutoff point for the credit limit is 5K (less than that, you've got the Platinum)
Old May 22, 2011, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Visa? I thought all the Barclay's USAir cards were Mastercards. The only question was whether they gave the one with the full bonus or downgraded to the Platinum card. Did you apply through the 35K bonus mile link? Usually the cutoff point for the credit limit is 5K (less than that, you've got the Platinum)
yah the Visa thing was a typo. sorry

I did apply thru the 35k bonus mile link. Or so I think. lol

Here's what they issued me:

Congratulations! You’ve been approved for the US Airways Dividend Miles MasterCard.

Use your US Airways Dividend Miles MasterCard to earn Dividend Miles* toward future travel on US Airways or with one of 25 airline partners. As a cardmember, you will receive the following benefits:

Annual companion certificate redeemable for up to two $99 companion tickets
Redeem award travel for 5,000 less miles — award travel starts at just 20,000 miles for cardmembers
First Class check-in and Zone 2 Boarding
One complimentary US Airways Club® day pass annually
Earn 10,000 Miles towards your preferred status, when you spend $25,000 during the calendar year
Your miles can be combined with miles earned with over 150 partners. Visit dividendmiles.com for more details.
Miles can be redeemed to over 900 destinations worldwide with 25 airline partners, including Star Alliance™ member airlines
Old May 22, 2011, 11:09 am

Programs: most of them
I believe all of those perks are part of the Premier MC. So, congrats.
Old May 22, 2011, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by glennaa11
thanks.
yeah I wasnt 100% sure because we all know Barclays is apparently giving out many different versions of the US AIR cards here. But I contacted the back office and asked about my situation and this resulted in Barclays giving me that card. I plan to coin the card and try to just earn many a FF mile on it for some future use. I rarely fly US but it all adds up!
Old May 22, 2011, 11:17 am

Programs: DL Gold, AA, BA, CO, US
Originally Posted by glennaa11
Yep those are the perks of the Permier. I got the same email + credit limit. I got the 35k miles after my first purchase and it posted quickly.
Old May 22, 2011, 11:19 am

Programs: SPG Gold, AA, USair, United, Amex MR, ICHC, HHonors Silver
yah the Visa thing was a typo. sorry

I did apply thru the 35k bonus mile link. Or so I think. lol

Here's what they issued me:

Congratulations! You’ve been approved for the US Airways Dividend Miles MasterCard.

Use your US Airways Dividend Miles MasterCard to earn Dividend Miles* toward future travel on US Airways or with one of 25 airline partners. As a cardmember, you will receive the following benefits:

Annual companion certificate redeemable for up to two $99 companion tickets
Redeem award travel for 5,000 less miles — award travel starts at just 20,000 miles for cardmembers
First Class check-in and Zone 2 Boarding
One complimentary US Airways Club® day pass annually
Earn 10,000 Miles towards your preferred status, when you spend $25,000 during the calendar year
Your miles can be combined with miles earned with over 150 partners. Visit dividendmiles.com for more details.
Miles can be redeemed to over 900 destinations worldwide with 25 airline partners, including Star Alliance™ member airlines
if you got that then you're approved for the premeire world with 35k... the other one doesnt give you the 5k off domestic rt's. also i dont think it gives the fc check in and zone 2 boarding.
Old May 22, 2011, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by metallim
if you got that then you're approved for the premeire world with 35k... the other one doesnt give you the 5k off domestic rt's. also i dont think it gives the fc check in and zone 2 boarding.
now Im confused cuz thats what it says it DOES give in my post about its perks (taken from an email they sent me once approved)

Either way I guess Im into getting the miles instead of the 5k off domestic. Reason being is because 35k miles is something you can use on OTHER *alliance and it's an all at once bonus, where as 5k bonus off domestic would only seem to work on US flights.

FC boarding priority doesnt really bother me. I usually only carry one carry bag that fits above and maybe a small netbook laptop that fits under the seat so whatever. Plus the longer Im standing outside of the plane the better. That is, unless I am sitting IN FC. lol
Old May 22, 2011, 12:05 pm

Either way I guess Im into getting the miles instead of the 5k off domestic. Reason being is because 35k miles is something you can use on OTHER *alliance and it's an all at once bonus, where as 5k bonus off domestic would only seem to work on US flights.
Note that the 5K discount is not just off domestic. I did a dummy booking yesterday for an upcoming award ticket to YUL and the website showed the 5K reduction.
Old May 22, 2011, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beltway
Note that the 5K discount is not just off domestic. I did a dummy booking yesterday for an upcoming award ticket to YUL and the website showed the 5K reduction.
hmmm good find. Although in some circles, a canada ticket is kinda like a domestic one. I mean, the last time I flew to Vancouver to ski Whistler we were all able to do it on 25k UA miles. So maybe that's kind of like a domestic US rate or something.

And also you have to see if that test actually books.
but yeah...
Old May 22, 2011, 2:09 pm

Now I'M confused! You DO get the pre-boarding, 5K off a reward redemption, and all that other stuff with the card. And my understanding is that the 5K off is on any flight, even international, as long as it's US metal (no partners, no code shares)
Old May 22, 2011, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Now I'M confused! You DO get the pre-boarding, 5K off a reward redemption, and all that other stuff with the card. And my understanding is that the 5K off is on any flight, even international, as long as it's US metal (no partners, no code shares)
cool
well whatever it is it sounds good
I like miles.
and can get more by coining this card hard upon its arrival
Old May 23, 2011, 1:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Silver
Bait and Switch!!

I am ticked. I applied for the US Dividend Miles Premier World MasterCard on May 16. Like everyone else, the promo I applied under was 35k Dividend Miles upon my first purchase and no annual fee for the first year ($89 thereafter). I received the card today and when I called to active it they have informed me that I was only approved for 10k dividend miles after spending $10k on the card and the annual fee waived for the first year!! WHAT A JOKE!

I have screen shots of: (1) the offer page, (2) the completed application and (3) the "congrats" page where my app was accepted.

My question: Should I call the number on the back of my card to complain or try with a secure email?

I am ticked...this is a pure bait and switch...I'll keep you guys updated on what happens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.