Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2013, 6:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by phantomtiger
reading back just a few days will see my post and others about this topic and best to move on to another card instead.
What is this voodoo "reading" you speak of?
Old Mar 15, 2013, 6:51 pm

Anyone actually receive this card in the last 2 weeks? I got approved for the 2nd card on Feb25, the 1st was approved July 2012 and still open. I got the confirmation email etc., however after more than 2 weeks I am still to receive the card. Now wondering if they declined me after the approval, is that even possible? I don't want to call for obvious reasons.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by java007
How long did it take before the points posted, and after what action (purchase, payment of first statement, other)?

Thanks.
On my wife's card, statement closed about two weeks after first charge and she got an email saying her statement was ready. Miles were already posted to US Air.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 7:58 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by bobby21
Anyone actually receive this card in the last 2 weeks? I got approved for the 2nd card on Feb25, the 1st was approved July 2012 and still open. I got the confirmation email etc., however after more than 2 weeks I am still to receive the card. Now wondering if they declined me after the approval, is that even possible? I don't want to call for obvious reasons.
Took about 9 days for me to get my card...
Old Mar 15, 2013, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by bobby21
Applied 3/6, received card 3/14.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 9:25 pm

How long did it take before the points posted, and after what action (purchase, payment of first statement, other)?

Thanks.
made first purchase 2/25 which is a few days after i got the card. made a payment a few days later and payment received on 3/2/13. 35k posted on 3/13/13.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 9:29 pm

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG

Thanks.
Both of us had our points post 2 days after the statement date this week.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 11:05 am
AAL

Originally Posted by bj2757
Both of us had our points post 2 days after the statement date this week.
That was my experience too. Used the card to buy a magazine on 2/25, statement closed about 3/12, points posted about 3/14. Received the welcome packet with the companion passes, etc. on 3/16.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 12:07 pm

When does us lounge pass come?
Old Mar 16, 2013, 5:41 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by webazoid
With the welcome packet I thought, a couple of weeks after the card itself.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 1:07 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by webazoid
Look at the post, literally right above yours.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 12:19 pm

it's still alive

35K US Air MC is still alive - wife and I were just approved.

I too got the error message but after checking status online found that everything was ok (see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20413776-post2756.html)
Old Mar 18, 2013, 8:03 am

Programs: Cutting down :-(
Another 2nd card success

I just got instant approval on the 35k link in the first post. This is my second US Airways / Barclay's card.

1. Instant approval 5/2 2012
2. Instant approval 3/18 2013

As described in the first post, my application had an error. I immediately checked the status of my application on http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/barclays and I was approved.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by PainCorp
Look at the post, literally right above yours.
That post talked about the companion pass NOT the lounge passes.

Second, you don't get lounge passes with this card-- you simply show your credit card when entering the lounge and they take care of it there by verifying it against the free access per the agreement.

You'll get something in the welcome packet that kinda looks like a lounge pass with an expiration date on it, but it's informational only (and clearly indiciated by reading the small print).
Old Mar 18, 2013, 12:51 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, SPG Gold
I thinking about going for a business card on top of my personal cards. That would put me over the top for the 85K x 2 people business class trip to Asia. Is Barclay's tough on opening business accounts?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.