Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2013, 3:23 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamon, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by FT-hss
Yep. Got 2 CitiAAs, a Club Carlson, an SPG biz, 2 Hawaiians. Chs Airtran declined and this one now. Good AOR but this one was unexpected. Chs was sort of expected since I have too many Chs cards.
Could you provide more detailed timeline? New accounts won't report until 1st statement, by that time, shouldn't you have your 40k already?
Old Jan 29, 2013, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by johnnie198x
Could you provide more detailed timeline? New accounts won't report until 1st statement, by that time, shouldn't you have your 40k already?
The issue probably isn't new accounts showing up, but a bunch of new inquiries on Experian. Even though they'll pull TU when you apply, they'll soft Experian a few days later and see all those inquiries.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 7:58 pm

any thoughts on what impact the AA US Air merger might have on the programs?
Old Jan 29, 2013, 8:38 pm

I got an offer (like many did) for 15,000 bonus miles if I spend $750 in 3 consecutive months. I accomplished this and my statement just posted without reflecting the 15,000 mile bonus. Does anyone know how long it takes for these miles to post?
Old Jan 29, 2013, 8:41 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
Originally Posted by vintastic16
I got an offer (like many did) for 15,000 bonus miles if I spend $750 in 3 consecutive months. I accomplished this and my statement just posted without reflecting the 15,000 mile bonus. Does anyone know how long it takes for these miles to post?
give 6-8 weeks.. it will post
Old Jan 29, 2013, 9:28 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Hey, I'm hoping to get that offer. Care to share with us some details, such as: how long have you had this card before the offer came? have you been using it a little? A lot? Any other details you can share about your spending pattern/card usage that may have triggered the offer? PM welcomed if you would rather not share so widely.

Thanks!
Old Jan 29, 2013, 9:39 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by g8trgr8t
any thoughts on what impact the AA US Air merger might have on the programs?
Perhaps you are unaware, but FlyerTalk has some excellent forums available for all kinds of information on every major program. Take a look outside of MilesBuzz! and you'll see.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by SquarePeg
For future reference, did you use the "chairman's" link and did you add your current DM # to the 2nd app?
Yes to both. Although now I'm a little nervous about getting a cancellation letter since I applied as part of an AOR.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
Hey, I'm hoping to get that offer. Care to share with us some details, such as: how long have you had this card before the offer came? have you been using it a little? A lot? Any other details you can share about your spending pattern/card usage that may have triggered the offer? PM welcomed if you would rather not share so widely.

Thanks!
Hi, would be happy to answer. I used the card pretty sparingly after signing up for it in August. I then received a post card and an email that if I spend $750 in Nov, Dec, and Jan I would receive an extra 15,000. I signed up for the Chairman's Preferred version and received the offer mid-October. Hope this helps.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:00 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Hi, would be happy to answer. I used the card pretty sparingly after signing up for it in August. I then received a post card and an email that if I spend $750 in Nov, Dec, and Jan I would receive an extra 15,000. I signed up for the Chairman's Preferred version and received the offer mid-October. Hope this helps.
Great, thanks. So if your experience is typical, the offer arrives roughly 2 months after you get the card, with the offer period beginning the following month. I got the same card in December, so I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope to get that offer sometime next month.

Thanks for the info.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 6:51 am

Programs: MR, UR, AA, AS, HH Gold, SPG Gold, HGP, RR
Originally Posted by MrBumstead
Yes to both. Although now I'm a little nervous about getting a cancellation letter since I applied as part of an AOR.
Same here. Anyone know how many recent inquiries Barclay's considers "too many"? I applied for this with 3 other cards and also have 5 inquiries from mid Sept... I wasn't planning to do another AOR until Feb/Mar but couldn't pass up the AMX 100k plat and then I figured in for a penny in for a pound so I quickly added 3 others (had 3 of the 4 approved - denied by Citi and didn't call retention). I hadn't read this entire thread when I applied and wasn't aware that Barclay's would check Exp after approving me and maybe close my acct. Not much to do about it now but wait and see...
Old Jan 30, 2013, 8:23 am

Programs: Far too many
Similar experience with my card. Light usage, received offer. 15K bonus took weeks to post but eventually did. Ms. Light now spending per the same bonus offer.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
Great, thanks. So if your experience is typical, the offer arrives roughly 2 months after you get the card, with the offer period beginning the following month. I got the same card in December, so I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope to get that offer sometime next month.

Thanks for the info.
I think this is typical. My wife and I both got the card and made one purchase to get the 40K bonus miles, then stopped using the card. Both got the offer. Mine came right away, my wife's a few months later. Her's also required spending $1,250/month instead of the $750 I got.

My parents both recently got the card, used once, then both got the $750 offer on the same day about a month later.

So, I'd recommend not using the card after the first purchase and see what happens.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by travel light
Similar experience with my card. Light usage, received offer. 15K bonus took weeks to post but eventually did. Ms. Light now spending per the same bonus offer.
Same experience on the bonus posting. It took forever, but did post eventually.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by iqbalt80
give 6-8 weeks.. it will post
Well, maybe. I'm still waiting on my bonus to post, and I finished making the required spend in October. 12 weeks so far. Supposedly they're looking into it. But if you haven't gotten it after 8 weeks or so, you know it's time to call up and try to get them to do something about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.