Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2013, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by Jetsfan
My question, for which there might not be a clear answer, is how to get $750 and up spend offers to earn bonus points. I have a card that I have used just once, and have gotten no offer.
There's no clear answer, as far as I know. The offers seem to have mostly gone to people who barely used the card, like you. How long has it been since you received it and last used it? I got the offer roughly two months after I last used the card.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by Jetsfan
My question, for which there might not be a clear answer, is how to get $750 and up spend offers to earn bonus points. I have a card that I have used just once, and have gotten no offer.
As others have said, its not a sure thing. seem sto be random at times.
Data: I applied for my 1st card last year, only charge $10--one time use, put away the card and never received any email or post card.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by sharka
As others have said, its not a sure thing. seem sto be random at times.
Data: I applied for my 1st card last year, only charge $10--one time use, put away the card and never received any email or post card.
What was your credit line? I have a suspicion that only people with larger credit lines get targeted. My first card was for 5k and was targeted. My second card was for 2k, my wife's card was for 1.5k, and neither of those was targeted.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 4:27 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt DIA
Originally Posted by gloreglabert
What was your credit line? I have a suspicion that only people with larger credit lines get targeted. My first card was for 5k and was targeted. My second card was for 2k, my wife's card was for 1.5k, and neither of those was targeted.
Used once and tossed in the drawer. Just dug it out this week as miles posted but no annual fee charged yet.
I have been targeted once for a very weak bonus. 2x miles at specific stores, electronic I think. Nothing as good as the 15K miles here. (Didn't bother, just got a bunch of CC that required my spend). Credit limit is 15K. Hope this data point helps.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by leebryant
Thanks for the hints. I will cancel and apply 3 months later. Never churned this card before.
Hi guys, 10k miles posted today. However, the description sounds weird: US WORLD CARD: EVERYDAY 50% BONUS - 10,000.

Is that the way how annual bonus miles works? Thanks again!
Old Feb 5, 2013, 5:00 pm

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
This is strange

Wife applied Jan 27 ... got a pending review message. Decided not to call in and wait. Nothing received

Went to the app status page, no app pulls up. Called the recon line, they can't find an app either. Got transferred to some automated machine to punch in SSN, etc, still no app found

Creditkarma states:

Lender: Industry: Inquiry Date: Status:
1. BRCLYSBANKDE Bank Jan 27, 2013 Added
So, the app went through because there was a hard pull ... but they can't find it? She never got an email about the card...

What would you guys suggest other than wait and see?
Old Feb 5, 2013, 5:08 pm

Programs: MR, UR, AA, AS, HH Gold, SPG Gold, HGP, RR
Originally Posted by stupidzbu
This is strange

Wife applied Jan 27 ... got a pending review message. Decided not to call in and wait. Nothing received

Went to the app status page, no app pulls up. Called the recon line, they can't find an app either. Got transferred to some automated machine to punch in SSN, etc, still no app found

Creditkarma states:

So, the app went through because there was a hard pull ... but they can't find it? She never got an email about the card...

What would you guys suggest other than wait and see?
With reconsideration calls for Barclays - I recall reading on one of the blogs where the blogger called after the original app date and ended up with a 2nd credit pull from them. Decide if it's worth that before calling again.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 5:56 pm

Programs: AA, DL
Originally Posted by leebryant
Hi guys, 10k miles posted today. However, the description sounds weird: US WORLD CARD: EVERYDAY 50% BONUS - 10,000.

Is that the way how annual bonus miles works? Thanks again!
That's how mine came through. Took a bit of digging through statements to figure out what it really was.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 6:06 pm

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
Originally Posted by SquarePeg
With reconsideration calls for Barclays - I recall reading on one of the blogs where the blogger called after the original app date and ended up with a 2nd credit pull from them. Decide if it's worth that before calling again.
not worth the second pull that's for sure ... but what? They will pull it just for calling in?!

That seems rather strange unless you authorize it.

Either way, the app is MIA
Old Feb 5, 2013, 6:28 pm

not worth the second pull that's for sure ... but what? They will pull it just for calling in?!

My experience with Barclays just a few days ago is that they will ask on the phone to pull your report. Not automatic just by calling in and seeking status of an application.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by gloreglabert
Not sure about the credit line as Barclay gave me $8000 but no go on any promotions.
Data: Wife also applied last year and used card once and no promotions either. Her credit line was about $5000
Old Feb 6, 2013, 11:47 am

Programs: MR, UR, AA, AS, HH Gold, SPG Gold, HGP, RR
Might be worth it to make sure you didn't accidentally opt out of promotional materials when you set up your online account.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 3:26 pm
Suspended

Might be worth it to make sure you didn't accidentally opt out of promotional materials when you set up your online account.
I got this card in Oct... Can I reapply? Should I cancel it first?
Old Feb 6, 2013, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Actually Chase once pulled a second inquiry to a different bureau without even asking me.

I found this out months later in looking at the EX and EQ reports and realized Chase made 2 pulls - one on the initial app and the 2nd one must be from the reconsideration call (to reallocate credit line.)

I guess I could dispute that to ask it being removed but they were on different reports and months ago when discovered, really not worth the trouble. But since then I would specifically ask the rep on any credit line reallocation call to make sure no new pull would be made. One Chase rep at retention tried to do this to me at Account Closure when I asked if I could move the line to existing cards! I was taken aback but then got irritated and furious by his arrogance. Hang up and called back, got an ultra friendly rep at Lending Dept which seems to have more authorities than the retention rep. Not only the rep assured me no pull is needed (it is existing line) and he moved everything except $200 then closed the account.

It is very annoying to play phone roulette but that is what we need to do with either the banks or the airlines!
Old Feb 6, 2013, 5:36 pm

Good advice, thanks. I'm headed over to check my options.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.