Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

Entry restrictions / reopening per country

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 11, 2020, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
An updated version of the content of this wikipost may be found at:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/coro...resources.html

Please post any addition/amendment to the list in the thread.
Print Wikipost

Entry restrictions / reopening per country

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2020, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by cameramaker
Does anyone know what the state of play is in regards to UK citizens entering Germany? Now we’ve lost control of the virus and cases are above 50/100k we’re probably at risk of going on to Germany’s at risk list so mandatory testing may be required on entry. I have a weekend trip booked for this weekend so not sure whether this likely development may scupper things?
hi.

At the moment there is no restriction for uk citizens entering germany. However I would keep an eye out in the news for any developments in case restrictions are tightened. Not sure if germany has imposed restrictions at short notice ie with 2 days notice a la the uk imposing quarantine restrictions

Regards

Tbs
Old Sep 16, 2020, 5:58 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
The German entry restrictions are without notice, they are valid from the time of publishing.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by fransknorge
The German entry restrictions are without notice, they are valid from the time of publishing.
But it seems to be weekly on a Wednesday evening usually?
Old Sep 16, 2020, 6:04 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Not sure if germany has imposed restrictions at short notice ie with 2 days notice a la the uk imposing quarantine restrictions
Not really, they haven't been doing it with such short notice.

As a comparison, look at Vienna. It was at 100/100k over the last 14 days in the ECDC's weekly report from last week (which relied on data from Sep 9 and earlier). Today, it is at around 180/100k.
The take of the mainstream media is Vienna is gonna be added to the list of risk countries/regions today. So basically, we're seen the indicator consistently above the threshold for more than a week and now it gets added.

If I recall correctly how they dealt with several French regions, it was a similar process. We saw persistently high numbers for more than a week and only then they got added.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 6:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Dan1113
But it seems to be weekly on a Wednesday evening usually?
I believe the most recent update indeed occured last Wednesday. But they've made announcements on other days of the week as well (IIRC).

As stated in a previous post, I find their changes to be somewhat predictable. Looks like they make an effort not to respond to what could be a statistical aberration. It appears to me they look at something like a 5-day moving average of the indicator, or 7-day moving average, or something like that.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 8:22 am

Programs: Starbucks Gold
For those that have been waiting on SEA to open up, I hear some talk that Thailand is contemplating opening up for tourists with certain constraints. The rules being considered (as per some local sources) include
1. Only long term tourists (min stay 90 days) - new visa being introduced.
2. First 14 days in a govt mandated quarantine facility.
3. Extendable two times for a total of 270 days
4.Only 1200 visas per month.
5. Only certain nationalities are eligible(?)
Once again these are murmurings being heard so just FYI to watch out for some news on this front.

Bob
Old Sep 16, 2020, 12:28 pm

Programs: AC MM
Originally Posted by Bob Saccamano
For those that have been waiting on SEA to open up, I hear some talk that Thailand is contemplating opening up for tourists with certain constraints. The rules being considered (as per some local sources) include
Once again these are murmurings being heard so just FYI to watch out for some news on this front.

Bob
I think for most this won't be very attractive but I can see how this might be welcomed by many people who work remotely and are currently living in countries where cost of living is high.

Going to Thailand for up to 270 days, could significantly decrease their living expenses and help them to get through this without going into major debts and instead still have a rather good quality of life. I am looking at this from the perspective of living in a place with very high living costs.

This will of course all depend on how expensive the 2 week quarantine will be. I think at this point it is about THB 50,000 for the 2 weeks and up (US$ 1,650) which might negate a lot of the savings but if people simply prefer being in Thailand where it is possible now to freely roam all over the country if you are already there, I can see how this could be an attractive proposal for a select group of people but it certainly won't make a huge impact on tourism income in the country itself.

Let's see what the details will look like once it is officially launched.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 12:49 pm

The 2 week quarantine at a govt facility is a dealbreaker even for digital nomads who want to stay in thailand longterm. In a world where Mexico and Balkan states and Turkey are open and cheap with good internet, thailand isn't going to get anyone willngly staying at a hospital for 2 weeks (with questionable wifi access).
Old Sep 16, 2020, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by nomiiiii
The 2 week quarantine at a govt facility is a dealbreaker even for digital nomads who want to stay in thailand longterm. In a world where Mexico and Balkan states and Turkey are open and cheap with good internet, thailand isn't going to get anyone willngly staying at a hospital for 2 weeks (with questionable wifi access).
Very true about the other countries you quotes. I thought quarantine in Thailand was at select hotels.

I know a family who went back this months (US husband, Thai wife and child) who quarantined at the Anantara Riverside Resort in Bangkok. It wasn't cheap and it was their choice but they seemed to have been very pleased with the process.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by nomiiiii
It depends on cost and comfort to stay 14days quarantined in Thailand. In addition, some may choose Thailand over Balkans and Turkey due to weather during this time of the year.

Last edited by nas6034; Sep 16, 2020 at 2:23 pm
Old Sep 16, 2020, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Bob Saccamano

Bob
And they call this "opening" ?? what a joke
Of course, I am not blaming the messenger here
Old Sep 16, 2020, 2:43 pm

This week's changes for Germany, with the new locations that require a quarantine:
https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ/...biete_neu.html

New since the last change:

France: The Hauts-de-France region and the overseas region of La Réunion are now also considered risk areas.

Croatia: The Brod-Posavina and Virovitica-Podravina counties are now also considered risk areas.

Netherlands: the provinces of North Holland (Noord-Holland) and South Holland (Zuid-Holland) are considered risk areas.

Austria: the federal state of Vienna is considered a risk area.

Romania: the Neamt and Caras Severin districts are considered to be further risk areas.

Switzerland: the canton of Freiburg (Friborg) is another risk area.

Czech Republic: the Středočeský region (Central Bohemian Region) is another risk area.

Hungary: the capital Budapest is considered a risk area.

The Arges and Dambovita districts in Romania are no longer considered risk areas.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by Dan1113
This week's changes for Germany, with the new locations that require a quarantine:
https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ/...biete_neu.html
If you just transit a risk area on the way to Germany, for example drive through Vienna without stopping or changing planes at VIE, would you still need to take a test and go into quarantine?
Just wondering how that would be handled.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 11:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by yvrcnx
If you just transit a risk area on the way to Germany, for example drive through Vienna without stopping or changing planes at VIE, would you still need to take a test and go into quarantine?
This morning at Berlin main station I boarded a train that had started its journey in Vienna. There was an announcement inviting all passengers arriving from Austria to have a free covid test in the station but there was no compulsion and seemingly no checks. Of course, I don't know what checks, if any, had been carried out at the border.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 12:59 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Originally Posted by yvrcnx

Who is required to enter home quarantine when travelling to the Federal Republic of Germany?

Anyone who enters the Federal Republic of Germany having spent time in a risk area up to 14 days before their arrival is obliged to proceed directly to their own home or another suitable accommodation and self-isolate there for 14 days. This does not apply if the person only travelled through a risk area without spending time there. The competent public health office monitors the quarantine obligation. Find your local public health office here: tools.rki.de/PLZTool/.

Regulation of the quarantine obligation falls under the jurisdiction of the Federal Laender. Please visit the website of the Federal Land wherein you reside or will be staying for detailed information on its specific quarantine regulations.

https://www.bundesgesundheitsministe...g-germany.html

Remember that not taking the test and/or not taking quarantine is fined up to 25 000 EUR and also you must report to the local health authorities.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.