Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

Entry restrictions / reopening per country

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 11, 2020, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
An updated version of the content of this wikipost may be found at:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/coro...resources.html

Please post any addition/amendment to the list in the thread.
Print Wikipost

Entry restrictions / reopening per country

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2020, 9:41 am

Programs: AC MM
Originally Posted by the810
Note that as a third country national, you will need to quarantine in Austria, even with the negative test (I presume you are citizen of Canada).

from https://www.bmk.gv.at/en/service/ent...uirements.html
Thank you 810. We are actually now just planning to transit through Austria, spend time in Slovenia and then go via Italy back through Austria to Germany but I am not sure yet if we can transit through Italy. We were going to go via Switzerland but Slovenia is a risk country for CH.

Does anyone know if Italy is looking at residency or citizenship?
We have Canadian and EU passports and would make sure that we were not in one of the C,D,E,F countries in the last 14 days, which we will clear in 6 days after arriving from Canada in Switzerland, but are not residents in the EU.

So much to consider right and making sure that everything is within all the rules.

Last edited by yvrcnx; Oct 4, 2020 at 9:55 am
Old Oct 4, 2020, 9:08 pm
lmk

Location: RSW & HDS (Naples, Florida & Hoedspruit, South Africa); frequently flying via JNB, EWR, IAD, ORD
Programs: UA Platinum, Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Silver, AA
Any word on how arrivals in JNB are going since South Africa started reopening now, which passengers are being refused entry, etc?
Old Oct 5, 2020, 1:11 am

Does anyone know what time to expect Cyprus' new list today? And what date does the new list each week apply from, is it immediately?
Old Oct 5, 2020, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by Dan1113
New from Germany:
Any changes for US citizens who also have an EU passport from Hungary?
Old Oct 6, 2020, 8:19 am

Cyprus' new list is up as of today for anyone who is interested! A lot of movement it seems from the A to B list.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 8:20 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Cyprus' new list is up as of today for anyone who is interested! A lot of movement it seems from the A to B list.
could you provide a link so folks can have a look?
Old Oct 6, 2020, 9:00 am

https://www.pio.gov.cy/coronavirus/en/fly.html

Sorry, thought I did!

No Italy update?

Last edited by Dan1113; Oct 6, 2020 at 9:05 am
Old Oct 6, 2020, 1:30 pm

Does anyone know if Finland allows transit through Helsinki from a Schengen country to Stockholm?
I know I am not able to enter currently enter Finland without quarantine but wonder if transit is allowed.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by yvrcnx
Does anyone know if Finland allows transit through Helsinki from a Schengen country to Stockholm?
I know I am not able to enter currently enter Finland without quarantine but wonder if transit is allowed.
That was allowed at the peak of it all back in March and April so I assume so still, yes.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 2:24 pm

That was allowed at the peak of it all back in March and April so I assume so still, yes.
Thank you Dan1113. That's what I thought too but couldn't find any concrete information.
Old Oct 7, 2020, 1:55 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
I'm in Croatia right now (US citizen), and would like to take the ferry from Dubrovnik to Bari, IT. I've been in Croatia for about 4 days, and was in Istanbul for the 2 weeks prior with a transit through Frankfurt on the way here.

Anyone know if I would be able to enter Italy via seaport? The Italy COVID page mentions that as long as I haven't been in a country in groups C,D,E and F in the last 14 days then I'm not restricted, and I don't see Turkey in the list, but also mentions special considerations for Croatia which appears to be a negative COVID test unless you're staying in Italy less than 48 hours. Am I missing anything?
Old Oct 7, 2020, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by yvrcnx
Yes you can - basically you should stay airside, but you MIGHT be allowed landside, too. From the border force website:

"Q: Is it possible to transit via airports?A: For external border traffic and to the extent that internal border controls have been restored, the transit on regularly scheduled routes is permitted. As a rule, during the transit journey, a person must remain in the transit area of the airport, but a person may also be permitted to enter the country for the purpose of the transit referred to above. For example, a person may stay at an airport hotel or other accommodation near the airport, especially if the layover during the transit is a long one."
https://www.raja.fi/current_issues/qa
Old Oct 7, 2020, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Yes you can - basically you should stay airside, but you MIGHT be allowed landside, too. From the border force website:

https://www.raja.fi/current_issues/qa
Thank you very much for this, it's exactly what I was looking for!
Old Oct 7, 2020, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by seigex
I'm in Croatia right now (US citizen), and would like to take the ferry from Dubrovnik to Bari, IT. I've been in Croatia for about 4 days, and was in Istanbul for the 2 weeks prior with a transit through Frankfurt on the way here.

Anyone know if I would be able to enter Italy via seaport? The Italy COVID page mentions that as long as I haven't been in a country in groups C,D,E and F in the last 14 days then I'm not restricted, and I don't see Turkey in the list, but also mentions special considerations for Croatia which appears to be a negative COVID test unless you're staying in Italy less than 48 hours. Am I missing anything?
If Turkey isn't named in any of the lists, isn't it in Group E, Rest of the World?
Old Oct 7, 2020, 9:58 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by rove312
If Turkey isn't named in any of the lists, isn't it in Group E, Rest of the World?
Seems you're right. I missed that. Oh well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.