Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

Entry restrictions / reopening per country

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 11, 2020, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
An updated version of the content of this wikipost may be found at:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/coro...resources.html

Please post any addition/amendment to the list in the thread.
Print Wikipost

Entry restrictions / reopening per country

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2020, 5:54 am

The CDC announced yesterday that they will adjust entry strategy for international passengers:

Beginning September 14, 2020, the USG will remove requirements for directing all flights carrying airline passengers arriving from, or recently had a presence in, certain countries to land at one of 15 designated airports and halt enhanced entry health screening for these passengers. Currently, enhanced entry health screening is conducted for those arriving from, or with recent presence in, China (excluding the Special Administrative Regions of Hong Kong and Macau), Iran, the Schengen region of Europe, the United Kingdom (excluding overseas territories outside of Europe), Ireland, and Brazil.
https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2...assengers.html

It's a it unclear if this means that the USA will be open for tourists from Europe. Anybody knows more?
Old Sep 10, 2020, 5:56 am

Programs: LH HON
It is pretty clear this has nothing to do with the current travel restrictions for EU/Schengen countries (and others).

Arriving eligible pax will no longer have to fill out a health declaration form and can furthermore pass immigration at any airport instead of the previous listed ones.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 11:49 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by ckx2
It is pretty clear this has nothing to do with the current travel restrictions for EU/Schengen countries (and others).

Arriving eligible pax will no longer have to fill out a health declaration form and can furthermore pass immigration at any airport instead of the previous listed ones.
Agree, this does not looks like it has something to do with the immigration policy.

Don't worry, when transatlantic restrictions will be lifted, it will be advertised everywhere in the medias...
Old Sep 10, 2020, 1:06 pm

Finnish government has announced that its tight entry restrictions will ease up a bit and travel without quarantine will be again possible from countries where the pandemic situation is no more than 25 cases / 100000 inhibitants in the previous 14 days. There is also a legislative initiative to allow obligatory Covid-19 tests before you can travel to Finland.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 1:12 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum
Originally Posted by Hezu
Finnish government has announced that its tight entry restrictions will ease up a bit and travel without quarantine will be again possible from countries where the pandemic situation is no more than 25 cases / 100000 inhibitants in the previous 14 days. There is also a legislative initiative to allow obligatory Covid-19 tests before you can travel to Finland.
Yes, and if yours country exceeds that magical 25 number, you can still come if yours covid test is negative - test, negative, welcome!
Old Sep 10, 2020, 1:26 pm

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by Hezu
This is a great news and I hope Baltic states will follow as well. This should also mean that combination of Sweden and Finland in one trip will finally be possible in both directions.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 3:09 pm

Quite a huge chunk of Europe is over that threshold currently though, so the impact isn't huge - but a step in the right direction.
Old Sep 11, 2020, 10:35 am

Programs: AC MM
I have a question for those of you who entered Germany in the last few weeks from a hotzone since testing is required upon entry from those countries.
We are flying into ZRH end of this month and will be spending a couple of days there before flying to DUS.

Looking at the numbers, I think that all of Switzerland will become one of the hotzone countries for entry into Germany within the next week or so which means our plan of flying into Switzerland and on to Germany a couple days later will put us into needing to get a test and even self isolate.

If I change our tickets and we just do a transfer of less than 24 hours in Zurich including staying one night at a hotel, would that allow us to enter Germany without problems?
Our origin country is Canada where cases are also rising but I believe it will stay within the 'allowed number' by the time we leave.
Right now we have 2 separate tickets, Canada - Zurich and Zurich to DUS.
Just wondering what the best options would be in this case and if someone might have had a similar experience.
Old Sep 11, 2020, 11:05 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
If you enter Switzerland, even for less than 24h that will count as being in Switzerland and you will need the test.
Currently two cantons are already on the German high risk area: Geneva and Vaud. Remember Germany try to target regions rather than full countries so Zurich might be OK.
Old Sep 11, 2020, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by fransknorge
If you enter Switzerland, even for less than 24h that will count as being in Switzerland and you will need the test.
Thank you, that is good to know and we'll just prepare to do the test in Dusseldorf where we have the first night booked anyway and we can extend for another one as needed since I kept our itinerary quite flexible for exactly this reason.

I did see on the RKI site that only Canton Geneva and Vaud are on their list but just like with Spain and most parts of France, I think that all of Switzerland will soon be on the hotzone list since it's such a small country.
Old Sep 11, 2020, 11:10 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

France is not fully on the hotzone, only :
  • le-de-France (seit 24. August)
  • Provence-Alpes-Cte d’Azur (seit 24. August)
  • Occitanie (seit 9. September)
  • Nouvelle-Aquitaine (seit 9. September)
  • Auvergne-Rhone-Alpes (seit 9. September)
  • Korsika (seit 9. September)
Old Sep 11, 2020, 11:15 am

• Provence-Alpes-Cte dAzur (seit 24. August)
Thank you for clarifying that. I do like Germany's approach and let's hope in 2 weeks we can still travel via Zurich to Germany.
It's amazing how quickly everything can change in this Corona times.
Old Sep 11, 2020, 1:31 pm
exp
Suspended

Programs: DL, UA, AA, VS
  • Provence-Alpes-Cte dAzur (seit 24. August)
Those cover most of the big tourist draws.

Also probably most of the country's population.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 5:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Diamond, IHG Diamond
Does anyone know what the state of play is in regards to UK citizens entering Germany? Now weve lost control of the virus and cases are above 50/100k were probably at risk of going on to Germanys at risk list so mandatory testing may be required on entry. I have a weekend trip booked for this weekend so not sure whether this likely development may scupper things?
Old Sep 16, 2020, 5:50 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Germany tries to be surgical and usually put regions on the high risk list rather than full countries. It uses the 50/100k but also take into account other unknown factors.
https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ/...biete_neu.html

The list is typically updated at the 6-7 PM mark (German time) so if you fly Friday afternoon and it has not updated by the time you land you are good. I would encourage you to take the test anyway, it is possible to do so even if you are on the green list (it might cost now though). Depending on where you arrive there are testing stations at the airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.