Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

Entry restrictions / reopening per country

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 11, 2020, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
An updated version of the content of this wikipost may be found at:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/coro...resources.html

Please post any addition/amendment to the list in the thread.
Print Wikipost

Entry restrictions / reopening per country

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2020, 10:17 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by fransknorge
Before 1st October, you must have a test done within 72 hours of arrival. Either you do it immediately at arrival or you go straight to your quarantine lodging. You could do the test there but without breaking the quarantine. If the results are negative you can break the quarantine. You also should contact The Gesumdheitsamt.
So I can just fly on the 15th say and get the test done at the airport facility in Frankfurt and then head to my hotel and wait for the results?
Old Aug 31, 2020, 11:06 am

It seems transit has now been forbidden in Swiss airports if originating in a red zone country:

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/new...it-switzerland

edit: I think the above link may be misleading, see: https://www.admin.ch/gov/en/start/do...YFe3fkZMGGHE4o

Bern-Wabern, 28.08.2020 - As of 31 August, it will no longer be possible to enter Switzerland from a high-risk country on a transit flight via a non-high-risk country. However, passengers travelling from a non-high-risk country will be able to enter Switzerland even if they have a stopover in a high-risk country, provided they do not leave the transit area of the airport. Until now, it has been possible to circumvent the entry restrictions by travelling via airports in countries not on the high-risk list.

Last edited by tlott; Aug 31, 2020 at 2:11 pm
Old Aug 31, 2020, 11:21 am

Norway has added DE to its quarantine list. Not much of Europe left for Norway...

Old Aug 31, 2020, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by Dan1113
Norway has added DE to its quarantine list. Not much of Europe left for Norway...
What's making it even worse is that two of those yellow countries, Finland and Hungary, don't allow Norwegians in. Also, Norwegians cannot transfer via an airport in the red zone, restricting the possibilities even further. When I checked the OSL web site yesterday I only found flights from BLL, TLL, and VNO that would be allowed into the country without a quarantine.
Old Aug 31, 2020, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by RedChili
What's making it even worse is that two of those yellow countries, Finland and Hungary, don't allow Norwegians in. Also, Norwegians cannot transfer via an airport in the red zone, restricting the possibilities even further. When I checked the OSL web site yesterday I only found flights from BLL, TLL, and VNO that would be allowed into the country without a quarantine.
We all need to move to a better system, somehow. Lucky are those who can work from home!
Old Sep 1, 2020, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
AFAIK AY & D8 are flying HEL-OSL.
Old Sep 1, 2020, 12:24 pm

Programs: AC MM
Cyprus has just added more countries to its "B" and "C" list. As of this week there are only a handful of countries left from Europe which can now enter without a test:
Germany, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Finland and Norway

Third countries left on the A list are Georgia, Canada, New Zealand, South Korea and Thailand

Cyprus is now definitely a no-go zone for us as we planned to go in October and it looks like it will be Greece instead.
Does anyone know if there are still tests necessary when returning from one of the islands to Athens which I believe was the case last week?

When Greece first opened, they were doing random checks I believe no matter where you came from, is that still the case?
We'll be flying in from Germany, via Switzerland.
Old Sep 1, 2020, 1:10 pm

Scotland has just announced that those flying in from Greece need to quarantine for 14 days.
Old Sep 1, 2020, 2:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by fransknorge
German rules to change, after today Press Conference with the 16 Premier and Merkel:
- From the 15/09 test for travellers entering Germany are not free except if coming from a high risk area (as defined by the RKI). NB This does not apply to Bavaria where tests will stay free (Election are next year !)
- From the 1st October when entering Germany from a high risk area you must stay 5 days in quarantine even if the test when entering is negative.
WOuld anyone have a link to official sources from the Germany government? I am asking as I will be coming from the US but I am an Italian citizen. thanks! Planning to land in Frankfurt on the 15th of Sep.
Old Sep 1, 2020, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
AFAIK AY & D8 are flying HEL-OSL.
Probably correct, but I believe that Finland closed its borders for travelers from Norway a couple of weeks ago.
Old Sep 1, 2020, 2:58 pm

Programs: AC MM
Originally Posted by i_travel_for_work
WOuld anyone have a link to official sources from the Germany government? I am asking as I will be coming from the US but I am an Italian citizen. thanks! Planning to land in Frankfurt on the 15th of Sep.
Here is the most up to date information for entry into Germany:

https://www.germany.info/us-en/coronavirus/2317268
Old Sep 1, 2020, 3:41 pm

Probably correct, but I believe that Finland closed its borders for travelers from Norway a couple of weeks ago.
Norway is in a list of Category 1 countries where there are plenty of exceptions allowed through, such as business travel, studies, and family matters, including cross border relationships. Pure leisure travel from those countries is not permitted unless you are Finnish citizen or resident. Self-quarantine is recommended but not mandatory.

https://www.raja.fi/current_issues/g...border_traffic
Old Sep 2, 2020, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Vietnam has set 15 September as the date for resumption of daily flights between Japan and South Korea. Travelers to Vietnam will be required to undergo 14 days of quarantine. They don't say what kind, though. I'd be willing to spend 14 days in my apartment on my return for a chance to travel to another country, but not if it's at a government facility.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
Vietnam has set 15 September as the date for resumption of daily flights between Japan and South Korea. Travelers to Vietnam will be required to undergo 14 days of quarantine. They don't say what kind, though. I'd be willing to spend 14 days in my apartment on my return for a chance to travel to another country, but not if it's at a government facility.
Sadly most don't have the time or money to quarantine for two weeks before their travels even begin.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
Vietnam has set 15 September as the date for resumption of flights between Japan and South Korea. Travelers to Vietnam will be required to undergo 14 days of quarantine. They don't say what kind, though. I'd be willing to spend 14 days in my apartment on my return for a chance to travel to another country, but not if it's at a government facility.
A little more information: the routes will be between Hanoi/Ho Chi Minh and Seoul/Tokyo. The three countries will require a coronavirus-free certificate from no more than three days prior to the air departure, and passengers on entry must conduct re-testing, undergo self-quarantine at the concentrated facilities (whatever they may be) and install tracing software so they can be monitored by the authorities. There is no mention in the article of how long the self-quarantine will be in Seoul and Tokyo, but I'm guessing also 14 days.

Another article mentions flights to Guangzhou, Taipei, Cambodia and Laos, but it's not clear that they will start on
15 September. It also says that travelers to Vietnam must have been in the other countries for at least 30 days prior to boarding the flight, so no transits allowed.

It looks too time-consuming and difficult to be practical for tourism, but people were were stuck in one of these countries and want to stay for a while in another country might accept the restrictions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.