Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

BEWARE- CO Crew caught on video falsely accusing ELITE of Federal Crime

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BEWARE- CO Crew caught on video falsely accusing ELITE of Federal Crime

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2007, 9:47 am

Programs: AA ExPlat; Marriott Plat: Hilton Gold
I flew CO from SNA to EWR on the red eye on December 8th...

...if anyone cares.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Good Morning

After a great night sleep i just checked the thread and feel i should try to answer some of these questions:

Thread #

66. A) Maybe slurred speach? I really don't know.
B) 10 mg usually last 7-8 hrs
69. Not yet
70. Not true
71. I asked to speak to the capt, that is where the accusation came from and it wasn't the FA's it was the ramp agent who made the false accusation. I don't know why that fact can't be comprehended. Then they wouldn't give me a name for the pilots or FA's.
73. Always has had the right, their ship but suppose to give name. And keep in mind, never spoke to the pilot.
75. I did tell them I was on ambien when they asked if I was ok when I asked to use the lav to change.
78. Again, maybe my speech was slurred, maybe i looked REALLY sleepy, I cant read thier minds but I can tell you I was more than pleasant.
81. A) I told them I was on ambien (again . . . )
B) -I havent asked for anything
-I did not even ask or mention anything about them getting me a room
-I paid for my own 1st class seat
-I missed the viewing of President Ford in DC that i was scheduled to attend
C)I don't think I am ranting or raving, just very frustrated and a cautionary "beware." I regret even using the word "rant." I have read a bunch of other threads and the site is informative.
D) I said I liked 99.9% of the CO employees

p.s. I don't even IM, let alone use these forums, I use my blackberry and thats about it.
82. If you are correct on the 2nd point, then around 1/2 the people on this thread are or have been "unfit" to travel.
85. Depends on response from CO, I really don't want to post it until I have fully communicated with CO. Heck, maybe they won't care if I post it but i am waiting on that one.

as for the flight and day, I alreay said last wekend from SNA-EWR redeye and after the name calling and reactions, i think that is more than enough information.

87. Thanks, tired of answering the same questions.
89. I can't stand grapefruit juice, never have, never will
90. Thats funny. Thanks, seriously, that is informative and I'm sure others like me were thinking "I'll look into that."

Have a great day.
-
Old Jan 4, 2007, 11:08 am

Programs: CO PLT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by Facevalue
YOINKS!!!

Comparing Oxycodone to Ambien is like comparing Everclear to Welch's Grape Juice.

We are an interesting group!
This is why they pay me the big bucks...this was a job that HAD to get done, and my job is to get it done when no one else could. Two trips to the E-R in two weeks, getting out of bed was a 20 minute process, and it took the painkillers and the hooch to be able to get to sleep. Every try expensing a bottle of Bacardi on a company expense report?

Imagine driving up a mountain road 2,000 feet above the town to get to a job site with back pain like that. I couldn't be on the drugs and drive legally so the work days were just indescribable pain. The WORST part was in the Denver International Airport (before the all out shoe carnival) when I showed the screener by pain pills, my doctors orders and the X-rays I was given to tkae home to my physician and I BEGGED them not to ask me to take off my shoes--even volunteered for a secondary--and they gave me the "Do you want to fly today?" speech. Absolutely no compassion. The screener would not even help me with my shoelaces, a supervisor finally took pity on me and helped me tie them then helped me to my feet to get to the train to the gates.

--PP
Old Jan 4, 2007, 2:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G
Originally Posted by Million(s) Miler
85. Depends on response from CO, I really don't want to post it until I have fully communicated with CO. Heck, maybe they won't care if I post it but i am waiting on that one.
Maybe they have a lurker here and since you say you want a reply first they won't give it to you so that you will never post it on youtube...
Just a thought.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

sorry, i do not understand

Have no idea whatyou are saying.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 2:54 pm

Programs: All My $$$ Went to CO (Plat) with a Lifetime PClub membership that got degraded to United crap...
Originally Posted by Million(s) Miler
81. A) I told them I was on ambien (again . . . )
B) -I havent asked for anything
-I did not even ask or mention anything about them getting me a room
-I paid for my own 1st class seat
-I missed the viewing of President Ford in DC that i was scheduled to attend
C)I don't think I am ranting or raving, just very frustrated and a cautionary "beware." I regret even using the word "rant." I have read a bunch of other threads and the site is informative.
D) I said I liked 99.9% of the CO employees

p.s. I don't even IM, let alone use these forums, I use my blackberry and thats about it.

Have a great day.
-
Well the part about telling them you took ambien was a post to the other person not, that's why he was quoted then I went to the OP (you).

As far as asking for compensation or expecting some pie in the sky from CO I never said you did, there are a lot of new posters who post for the first time who expect to be given lifetime BF tickets when things happen, and that ain't gonna happen. I offered my experience and my suggestions and comments to you. I thought I had a good defense in your case that CO can make serious mistakes as something happened to me. This is a one sided story and will remain so, CO will never post what they saw happen but I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt with the exception that you "could" have done something to make them worried even if you don't realize it. Nor do I think that CO should respond to this to everyone, it's between you and them. But just because you have one bad experience that doesn't speak for all the CO employees out there that bend over backwards to make sure you have a good flight and I wanted you to have a positive outlook on CO as a whole. I know the next time I flew on CO after my incident I was ready to jump down anyone's throat that looked at me wrong who worked for CO and that wasn't right on my part. The GA who denied me, we talk and hang out and have a great relationship now as I do frequent that station also. I understand you are upset, just don't let it roll over to the entire airline and if you run into the same crew it doesn't mean that things will always be bad.

Not specificially to the OP, as far as recording things go, once you get into things with a flight crew there's a very slim chance you're gonna fly on that flight. But once you pull out a recorder and start taping it there's not a chance you're gonna fly on that flight. I'm not saying it was wrong at all to record it, but once a disagreement starts and you pull out a recorder there's no way you're gonna fly that day.

Hopefully you'll stay around and be able to post positive things too.

And to sjefenole there is a CO lurker here but there's no way he's gonna respond to this. Any investigation on CO's part there is a way they go about it and they won't say anything until it's done. They took 30 days to investigate my situation and NO ONE, even my good friends at my local station could talk about it until the complete investigation was done (which I respect and don't hold fault with them about). And the investigation was responded to me in written format then I got personal calls from people with the apology. Plus it's not the lurker's job to be an investigator, they have folks for that.

To the OP, I learned the hard way, learned a lot. And am only offering my comments and giving you the benefit of the doubt but I really believe that the flight crew thought they saw you do something or they wouldn't have reacted like they did for no reason.

Enjoy the new year. I'm off on a 8 hour flight in a few hours then a layover and then anohter 8 hour flight.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by CALflyboi
Exactly what FAR states this?
Old Jan 4, 2007, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by CO_IAH
I use Stilnox -its wonderful - no hangover at all, and should you wake up mid-flight no weird side effects.

It was recommended to us by a FA - unavailable in the US - bought it over the counter in Paris. ^
Stillnox is Ambien under a different name. Need to point out a few things if I may : It is against Federal laws to tape crewmembers doing their duties. We don't like making people's lives miserable but we no longer look the other way when someone acts suspicious-we have you removed from A/C. Better to offend then to have to second guess our decision at a later point. From my own experience, Ambien can make you do crazy things-I once ordered three hundred (yes, 300) coffee mugs off the internet after taking Ambien and not going directly to bed. Didn't remember it at all. I have also seen passengers who were obviously under the influence of Ambien and I just made sure that they stayed in their seats. However, some flight attendants are just not that comfortable anymore with giving someone the benefit of the doubt . Sorry, that is just the way it is. Someone mentioned earlier that we employees get paid to be on here-OH I WISH IT WERE SO!
Old Jan 4, 2007, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by skylady
That states:
Sec. 121.580 - Prohibition on interference with crewmembers.

No person may assault, threaten, intimidate, or interfere with a crewmember in the performance of the crewmember's duties aboard an aircraft being operated under this part.

[Doc. No. FAA-1998-4954, 64 FR 1080, Jan. 7, 1999]
How is video taping a crew member automatically interference? I can understand that video taping could turn into interference, but it certainly does not directly prohibit video taping as has been suggested above. I also note that according to the OP's account of the events he was not told that he had interfered with the flight crew.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by xyzzy
That states:How is video taping a crew member automatically interference? I can understand that video taping could turn into interference, but it certainly does not directly prohibit video taping as has been suggested above. I also note that according to the OP's account of the events he was not told that he had interfered with the flight crew.
This is how-it violates one of the several levels that is used for classification purposes (if I tell you what they are, I have to kill you). Behavior that is unusual (why would you need to tape us???) lends itself to being interpreted as suspicious. The FAR is an umbrella that covers this area. Sorry if this sounds cryptic, but I am not sure what should be disclosed.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 5:52 pm

There is a FAR that requires us to deny boarding to anyone who "appears to be intoxicated". From what I've read above, Ambien could certainly give this appearance.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 6:17 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by embeau
This is how-it violates one of the several levels that is used for classification purposes (if I tell you what they are, I have to kill you). Behavior that is unusual (why would you need to tape us???) lends itself to being interpreted as suspicious. The FAR is an umbrella that covers this area. Sorry if this sounds cryptic, but I am not sure what should be disclosed.

Hi Embeau,

Just wanted to welcome you to Flyertalk. Don't worry, you won't have to kill anybody if you reveal anything here. You can make everyone suicidal by announcing that CO is no longer going to do upgrades for Silver or Gold...Oh wait, I think that's already happened. :>

Cheers
Old Jan 4, 2007, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
Originally Posted by xyzzy
That states:How is video taping a crew member automatically interference? I can understand that video taping could turn into interference, but it certainly does not directly prohibit video taping as has been suggested above. I also note that according to the OP's account of the events he was not told that he had interfered with the flight crew.
I'm still waiting to see a Federal Aviation Regulation or a citation to a case that expressly prohibits videotaping any crew member during a flight.

Last edited by CO 1E; Jan 4, 2007 at 6:51 pm Reason: clarity
Old Jan 4, 2007, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
In all fairness with me jumping so late in the game of this long thread, the OP should have explained to the cabin crew when they asked if he was 'ok' that he is feeling woosy because he had just taken Ambien and had to wait for 2 hours for the flight and please excuse him as he is very tired.

By stating 'nothing' and the crew seeing you with beady watery eyes could mean 'something' to the crew - that you were high on something.

Sometimes it is better to tell the truth about what you consumed than tape the incidence.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by embeau
The FAR is a matter of public record; you can give that information.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.