Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

BEWARE- CO Crew caught on video falsely accusing ELITE of Federal Crime

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BEWARE- CO Crew caught on video falsely accusing ELITE of Federal Crime

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2007, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by bsbase
I believe that Million Miler makes a very valid point.

The crew and ground agents tried to add insult to injury by falsely accussing him of trying to enter the flight deck. If he had made the attempt he would have been arrested immediately, no ifs ands or buts.

However, as he plainly pointed out he had the presence of mind to video tape the entire episode, which proved his innocence to the police.

Again the issue is, the lies the Continental employees told the police to try and have him arrested. The video proved he was not guilty of the crime he was accused of.

Haven't any of you been frustrated at the treatment by any airline agent before or have witnessed an airline agent or representative add fuel to the fire so to speak just because they can spout off a Federal Law.
I doubt that he filmed the entire episode. Unless s/he usually tapes themselves coming/going to the bathroom. All the video would show was what the CO employees were saying after they left the bathroom.

I'd say that the Ambien made the OP wacky, and that set off the warning bells for the CO staff.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 5:23 pm

Better safe than sorry

If I were a fellow passenger and you as you stated came out in a change of clothes with a video camera, and the flight crew wasn't comfortable with that behavior, I wouldn't want you on the flight either. Especially if you're in a drug induced mental state.

The camera, though you claim it to be a defense, probably only made matters worse in the situation you describe.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Million(s) Miler
Out of couriosity, why are all you on this site? I thought these forums were to vent. I did hear the airlines pay people to stay on these sites and defend their airline.
We are on this site to find out ways to get more miles, inexpensive trips, and to discuss interesting places to go to. While many people may vent, you'll find that most people have no patience with people who get themselves into trouble, or expect the moon for a minor slipup. I'm not saying that your experience is in this category, but since you're a brand new user, we have no idea if you're legitimate, a crackpot or a troll.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 5:24 pm

Oh the drama....

And to think that I thought this was a forum for constructive discussion, not a forum to rant and vent.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; BA Gold; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
I sympathize with your frustration, Million(s) Miler, and am glad that the video footage that you took has apparently vindicated you.

In your future travels, I would strongly suggest waiting until wheels up to take Ambien or any other sleeping pill. Ambien is a very fast acting drug (with a fairly lengthy life) and there are documented cases of people exhibiting strange behavior while under its influence. This may not have affected you; however, there are a number of reasons why it is prudent to wait until after take-off to take such a pill that are wholly unrelated to potential claims that the security of the airplane and its cockpit are in jeopardy. For example, the plane may suffer a mechanical problem that requires a return to the gate and passenger disembarkation. Or, as in your instance, it is possible that you will have to interact with airline crew or ground personnel. Though waiting to take a sleeping pill until after wheels up is not a fail-safe, it will greatly minimize your chances of being in zombie mode when you need better possession of your faculties.

And, by the way, welcome to FlyerTalk.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
Originally Posted by delpreston
Especially if you're in a drug induced mental state.
is ambien's effect truly this bad? is it any worse than that from tylenol pm or other OTCs that just make you drowsy?

cheers.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 5:27 pm

I'm confused as to how the tape would exonerate you. Theoretically, you could have "attempted to enter the cockpit" (I'm NOT saying you did!), and then started recording. I've seen thousands of movies, and none of them showed you trying to enter a cockpit... but also none of them proved you didn't.

Anyway, I'm just curious. I'm not trying to argue that you did anything wrong.

So your claim is that these CO employees, for whatever reason, fabricated that you were trying to get into the cockpit?

Maybe they had a friend on standby?
Old Jan 3, 2007, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

charges?

I even asked where I could get a report from the police. They said they werent even filing a report because there was nothing to file one on.

When the crew asked if I was ok, I said, "I took an ambien." I am a very courteous flyer. I say please and thank you to everything and treat everyone with the utmost of respect.

I ask to use the lav and am very aware of the threat level we live in. Most people just walk on up. When I open the door, I do so very slowly, just in case someone is on the other side.

Even after I ask to use the lav, and the cockpit door is open against the lav door, I will not touch the door and ask for assistance.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
The most important question is: Did you get miles for the flight?
And, did the gate agents battlefield someone into the OP's seat after he was forced off the aircraft? It was a transcon, after all.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; BA Gold; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by rufflesinc
is ambien's effect truly this bad? is it any worse than that from tylenol pm or other OTCs that just make you drowsy?
Yep. It will knock you out quickly and generally keep you in a very sleepy state for six or seven hours. Which is why it is a godsend on lengthy redeye flights. ^
Old Jan 3, 2007, 5:32 pm
rqd

If the crew felt that your being on Ambien could endanger the health or safety of other passengers (or yourself), they can refuse to transport you.

Perhaps they've had bad experiences with passengers who've stated they're on Ambien.

No excuse for a false accusation, though. All they had to say was "get off the plane".
Old Jan 3, 2007, 5:41 pm
Suspended

Just Watch Out

I believe the intent of Million Miler is that you need to watch out what is said by any airline crewmember or representative.

I do believe he has my well being in mind. I work in the service industry, and travel on a weekly basis and have seen many, countless confrontations.

But if I were accussed of what he was accussed of, I would tell everyone of my business associates and friends to be very mindfull of what accusations are being thrown around, it's my career and lively hood at stake here.

He has not asked for anything here, he's just informing us as to some of the nature of airline crew and representatives, and what they wil do.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 5:43 pm

Sucks that you were mistreated, but does frequent flier Elite status and business casual clothing somehow make one incapable of committing a federal crime? Come on. Also, since when have post count and argument merit been necessarily, directly, and positively correlated? That's just wrong.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 5:44 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat; Marriott Plat: Hilton Gold
[Inappropriate comment removed by moderator]

Who in their 'right mind' would get out their camera and film this event.

I have taken Ambien before and it does cause amnesia in over 30% of patients (read the label). It is NOT a drug to be used for sleeping to avoid jet lag.

Nuff said about this damn thread.

Last edited by Xyzzy; Jan 3, 2007 at 5:53 pm Reason: Inappropriate comment removed
Old Jan 3, 2007, 5:46 pm
Suspended

Lurking for years just not vocal

I have been lurking here for years for my amusement. Reading about how one PAX only got two carrots in his salad as the PAX seated next to him got three. Trivial

Perhaps it will take you being accussed of a federal crime to sit up and take notice and action.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.