Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

BEWARE- CO Crew caught on video falsely accusing ELITE of Federal Crime

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BEWARE- CO Crew caught on video falsely accusing ELITE of Federal Crime

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2007, 6:25 pm

Programs: AA Platunum
Originally Posted by rqd
If the crew felt that your being on Ambien could endanger the health or safety of other passengers (or yourself), they can refuse to transport you.

Perhaps they've had bad experiences with passengers who've stated they're on Ambien.

No excuse for a false accusation, though. All they had to say was "get off the plane".
Well, they've had bad experiences with people on alcohol too, so the potential is not a good reason to throw someone off a plane.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by Million(s) Miler
A couple answers before this 'troll" heads home for dinner with his family:

1. Yes, I am new to this site.
2. I stated I got the camera at my seat AFTER I was asked to de-plane. BTW- it is not a "video" camera but a thin sony digital camera (DCST5) that has a movie mode and a 2gb card.
3. I didn't realize name calling was part of this forum (which is certainly constructive).
4. Thanks to the ambien suggestions, although this was not a "Patrick Kennedy" ambien case, I did learn my lesson and agree with the suggestions. I do take ambien about twice a week so am aware of how it effects me.
5. The "friend-stand by" comment was funny.
6. Hi base
7. thx rqd, that has been my point.
8. The pilot chose not to let me fly. as much as anyone, myself included might not like it, it's his/her ship. I am not happy with the flight attendants but can see the other side although i do not agree with it. All they have to do is ask a couple more querstions, answer some and certainly give their names. The real problem comes when the ground crew, who is not even supposed to get involved, starts exagerating and making false accusations. . . of a federal crime.
9. After the police got confirmation from the crew that i didnt do anything wrong, who are they going to interview? The plane left. CO paid for my hotel room. they put me back in my 1st class seat the next day. They knew they had a problem.
They knew they were wrong. So did the police and so do I.
Nice post. I hope you'll see that for the most part everyone just wanted to understand, even if their questions seemed a bit pointed.

Welcome to FT, and do please stick around. Most threads aren't this ... umm... whatever this one was.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 6:27 pm
Original Poster

never claimed to even have known about this site

let alone lurk. I don't enjoy these types of things because so many people are just mean and want to pick an on-line fight.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by jk2317
Nice post. I hope you'll see that for the most part everyone just wanted to understand, even if their questions seemed a bit pointed.

Welcome to FT, and do please stick around. Most threads aren't this ... umm... whatever this one was.
I agree 100%. Million(s) Miler, I hope you will come to see it that way.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 6:35 pm

Programs: AA Platunum
MillionMiler,

I hope you'll post updates of what transpires between you and CO.

Thanks.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: La Ministreuse de Surréalisme, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat
Perhaps the FAs/Pilots jumped the gun because they had a bad "ambien pax" experience previously. I've taken ambien over the past couple of years and most of the time have had no problems but have had one complete amnesia case. I still use it, but honestly don't know that I'll use it on board again. I thought I knew how it affected me and had used it going overseas many, many times but this one time really threw me for a loop.

I've used the fc lav prior to flight many times and have touched the cockpit door many times without a problem. It sounds like they thought there could be an incident that didn't happen. Yes, you were courteous in asking to use prior to going in - I've never done that and just go in.

I'll be interested to hear Co's response.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 6:37 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat; Marriott Plat: Hilton Gold
My apologies to the posters regaring my inappropriate comments. Speaking of drugs, I have been off of my Prozac for several weeks. May be I should start back on it.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 6:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by rufflesinc
another thing, why didnt the FAM(s) get involved?? or better yet, since they're supposed to be in the first few rows, they should have seen the whole event.

cheers.

There arent FAMs on every flight, and this being a red-eye out of SNA maybe none around either
Old Jan 3, 2007, 6:38 pm

Programs: CO Platinum, AA Gold, UA Premier, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Silver
Ambien can have some strange side-effects, and there are enough case reports of patient behavior approaching somnambulism (sleepwalking) that it is possible that the poster may not have been completely aware of his/her actions. If mixed with alcohol or other central nervous system depressants, the effect would amplified.

Like other posters, I have a problem reconciling this loss of control with the level of attention that would be required to tape the incident. I also would have a question of intent about why anyone would be taping on board a plane period.

Ultimately, it is for TSA, Continental and the poster to resolve.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 6:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by yanxfann
Million(s) Miler: What was the date and flight # of the SNA - EWR flight in question?
The OP in post #1 said "Last weekend.." so that means last Fri or Sat or Sun night.

They also said it was the red-eye if I remember correctly and CO has only 1 red-eye out of SNA to EWR so that should be easy to find.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by jk2317
Piece of advice, then: use the rear lavs.

Good point! They are pretty sensitive about using the front lav when the plane is on the ground. I just checked into Amien's history of adverse effects, pretty scary!
Old Jan 3, 2007, 6:43 pm
Original Poster

I'll let the nice people know what transpires:)

I hope all the nice people have a wonderful year and that karma doesnt come up and bite the nay-sayers in the a-- and if it does. . . you better get it on tape.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
Originally Posted by craz
There arent FAMs on every flight, and this being a red-eye out of SNA maybe none around either
OH NO!
Old Jan 3, 2007, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: La Ministreuse de Surréalisme, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by ContinentalFan
Good point! They are pretty sensitive about using the front lav when the plane is on the ground. I just checked into Amien's history of adverse effects, pretty scary!
I have to say, this surprises me as I've never had an issue with this and I am one of those people that always has to go before we take off. I know I'll be more self conscious in the future.

Ambien is a great drug, but an associate and I have compared war stories and yep, pretty scary indeed.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 6:50 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Million(s) Miler
let alone lurk. I don't enjoy these types of things because so many people are just mean and want to pick an on-line fight.

Yea you'll find those types even on FT, but the VAST majority are anything but that. And Yes we are a Very Skeptical bunch around here.

Theres an old saying that still has alot of Truth in it in many a way - regarding many an item. If it seems to good to be true, then it probably is.

Had you posted before about other things or even simply asked a question or 2 then you wouldnt have runned into the Brick Wall. But its awfully hard to find a Brand new thread ANY where on FT in which on the same day 3 different Lurkers come out of the closet and for the sole purpose of Backing Up the OP. I remember another thread where that happened before.

As for the FAs or Pilots not giving their ID or removing it, I think its wrong and is no different then when a LEO does it. However if a particular employee who wasnt involved didnt want to give their ID out, I see no problems with that. Since you stated that you were in FC , it shouldnt be too hard for CO to know with whom you had dealt, especially once you describe them to CO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.