Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

BEWARE- CO Crew caught on video falsely accusing ELITE of Federal Crime

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BEWARE- CO Crew caught on video falsely accusing ELITE of Federal Crime

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2007, 9:28 pm

Programs: CO PLT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by ContinentalFan
It's my understanding that the captain has always had the authority to decide who or what goes onto his or her plane. Maybe they're exercising that authority more frequently, but I believe they've always had it.
That's in the FAR...the PIC is the absolute ruler supreme on his ship. In fact, the PIC has the aurhority to break almost any regulation if he feels it is necessary to operate safely. He better have a darn good explanation when it's all over, but it's his butt on the line, not the controllers'.

So yes, if the PIC doesn't want you on the airplane, off you go. The company may take issue with him later but right then and there on the scene it's the captain's call.

--PP
Old Jan 3, 2007, 9:35 pm

Programs: CO Platt,Hilton Dmnd,Marriott Platt,Hertz Presidents Circle,Avis Preferred Select
Originally Posted by VideoPaul
I was on oxycodone and that wore off quickly so I supplemented it with hard loquir to get to sleep.
YOINKS!!!

Comparing Oxycodone to Ambien is like comparing Everclear to Welch's Grape Juice.

We are an interesting group!
Old Jan 3, 2007, 9:57 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
I take Lunesta to help me sleep. It works great and doesn't have nearly the same incidence of scary effects.

Question:
In the original post you stated that the flight attendent asked if you were ok. You then stated that you responded "I took an ambien."

What prompted the flight attendent to ask if you were ok? Could you have been already acting strangely to make him/her ask that?
Old Jan 3, 2007, 10:32 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2 MM, DL PLT
Apparently I was making some odd noises during my sleep and because I had let them know ahead of time they explained to nearby pax who were somewhat concerned and everything turned out fine. Found out about it from the guy across the aisle who told me I was the IFE that trip.

You just made me laugh out loud with this.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
For me, I love NyQuill! Whenever I get a cold, I am psyched to guzzle NyQuill: it knocks me out cold!!
Old Jan 4, 2007, 1:17 am

Programs: All My $$$ Went to CO (Plat) with a Lifetime PClub membership that got degraded to United crap...
Bottom line, TELL the FAs you are going to take one of these...just in case you wake up in a purple haze and say or do something stupid. They will appreciate the honesty and you will appreciate their willingness to help ESPECIALLY on CO.
I agree, I always tell them I'm on med's, never a problem.

To the OP: at first I'm skeptical that it happened how it happened. I honestly could see the OP turning toward the flight deck or something by accident. HOWEVER, I had this year an incident I didn't believe could actually happen either and it did happen. I was denied a wheelchair after surgery I had and was on crutches and it was in my record and I had verbally asked for a wheelchair and help three times and no one would even help with my carry on. Some posters here didn't believe me eventhough others came to my defense on my case.

So... CO makes mistakes at times. And I was as mad as the OP. However... after investigations by CO HQ's into the incident I got what I wanted, an apology by HQ's, the GA's in question, and the manager of the station. Actually I wanted only one apology and that could have come from anyone, but they investigated it and admitted it was a mistake on their part and the entire station was going to go through some further training and re-enforcing of certain things in training. The GA's in question admitted immediately that they screwed up (and yes I had witnesses lined up incase this got into a huge he said / she said long drag out fight or disagreement between me and CO). Did I ask for miles or upgrades or compensation? Did I go to CO with my hand out expecting things, no I did not, I wanted the problem fixed so it doesn't happen to others. That's the position you should take, not what can i get out of this and not just slamming CO and ranting and raving. Of course that's only my humble opinion.

I'm not saying the OP is 100% accurate but CO employees are human also, they can make mistakes, they could see things out of the corner of their eye wrong and see things differently. And I'm one who does get medicated too, so you never know exactly how things look to others no matter how often you take the med's. Just don't go out expecting CO to give you the moon because this happened, you got a free room and such, maybe there was something you could have done differently also.

As far as taping it goes, many folks pull out a recorder to verbally record things when you're promised items by the airlines so I'm not shocked by taping it. But I would like to see you yotube the thing.

As far as FT goes, having a story like this as a first post or such is opening yourself up to getting flamed. This is a place to share what happens and some folks responded the wrong way IMO. It shouldn't be a place to attack but the post / story is not normal and most folks would assume there's more to the story then what was said, it is one sided. No one knows what the Flight Crew saw or what they thought they saw. So it's not completely accurate description of what the whole story is. There are folks here who love CO, like I do, and will defend them. But I'll also ..... and moan when they do things wrong, so they can improve and continue to offer excellent service.

Hang around a while, it's a good site, but it's not a site to just attack the airlines, hopefully you'll have good items to post and not just negative.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 2:58 am

Originally Posted by Million(s) Miler
i made sure to get everyone on tape (or disc The main guy is caught red-handed (on disc
Taping the flight crew in the performance of their duties is against FARs. Maybe that is where they "got" you?

Is it also possible that the crew thought you were unfit to fly, due to your intoxication from the drug? Intoxication is more than alcohol. Another very serious FAR.

Last edited by skylady; Jan 4, 2007 at 3:10 am
Old Jan 4, 2007, 4:22 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, UA Million Miler
WHEN CAN WE SEE THE VIDEO?
Old Jan 4, 2007, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by skylady
Taping the flight crew in the performance of their duties is against FARs. Maybe that is where they "got" you?
Exactly what FAR states this?
Old Jan 4, 2007, 5:07 am

Originally Posted by BigPoppaCO
WHEN CAN WE SEE THE VIDEO?
Once again - after you answer that question - make this question #2: PLEASE TELL US THE DATE AND FLIGHT # THIS INCIDENT TOOK PLACE ON.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by MBM3
Oh the drama....

And to think that I thought this was a forum for constructive discussion, not a forum to rant and vent.
AMEN! I thought these forums were decidedly NOT for venting!
Old Jan 4, 2007, 8:02 am

Programs: DL Gold
Originally Posted by flyingpharmd
I also would have a question of intent about why anyone would be taping on board a plane period.
I really don't understand why people keep saying this. The OP said he started taping after being asked to deplane. He obviously felt that he was being unfairly treated by a person or persons in authority. What the heck else would you do?
Old Jan 4, 2007, 8:06 am

Programs: Delta SkyTeam, Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by chrisny2
I take Lunesta to help me sleep. It works great and doesn't have nearly the same incidence of scary effects.
I use Stilnox -its wonderful - no hangover at all, and should you wake up mid-flight no weird side effects.

It was recommended to us by a FA - unavailable in the US - bought it over the counter in Paris. ^
Old Jan 4, 2007, 8:41 am

Programs: DL Gold
Originally Posted by CO757
Is it possible the effects are lacking in the "home" setting due to it being ....home? When you combine the stress of everyday living, traveling and altitude (which influences people consuming alcohol on-board).

Just wondering....also know that side effects don't happen to everyone.
Not only that, but just because you've never had side effects to a drug, doesn't mean you won't this time. Depending on the state of your body (what you've eaten, body temp, whether you're sick, etc.), a drug can have a very different effect. Your body is not a constant.

Drink grapefruit juice? It's one of the biggest and most common blocks of the metabolism's of many drugs. This means a 5mg dose produces much higher levels of the drug in the blood when in the presence of grapefruit juice.

There are a number of other very common interactions like this (although this is typically considered one of the most severe and common).
Old Jan 4, 2007, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; BA Gold; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by CO_IAH
I use Stilnox -its wonderful - no hangover at all, and should you wake up mid-flight no weird side effects.

It was recommended to us by a FA - unavailable in the US - bought it over the counter in Paris. ^
Stilnox is the European name for Ambien.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.