Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Account Wiped Out!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2006, 3:01 pm

Programs: Fly Amtrak, Go Greyhound! I'm often wrong but always sincere.
Has my proposal been received for what I am calling the "heritage campaign"?

Television and print advertising will feature Former CO CEO Gordon Bethune, current CoUniHound CEO Larry Kellner, as well as former Greyhound CEO John Teets (now CEO, Greyhound Connection) who will be dressed as the famous Greyhound mascot. In addition, prepare yourself for a special cameo appearance from Chavon, now director of Inflight and Inbus services!

It is all centered around the tagline "Go CoUniHound, and leave the driving (and flying!) to us."

By the way, you didn't hear it here, but a special announcement regading enhanced bus services will be announced at campaign launch. Hint, it involves a new job title, BA's (bus attendants).

Originally Posted by Benjh
CoUniHound just announced the start of their first ever contest. You guessed it, the goal is to come up with the best tagline for the newly formed company.

You have until August 31st to enter the contest. One lucky winner will be the recipient of one free* pass to the "Secretary's Saloon"**, the new luxury space reserved for CoUniHound's business customers, in the newly refurnished El Paso, TX Bus Station.

My entry:
CoUniHound - Work High, Fly High.

*Sales tax apply. Employees of CoUniHound and member of their household can not enter the contest.
**Saloon open Monday through Wednesday, 5am to 11am. The entrance to the saloon is located near the El Paso shooting range in the bus station's shopping center.
Old Aug 15, 2006, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
**Saloon open Monday through Wednesday, 5am to 11am. The entrance to the saloon is located near the El Paso shooting range in the bus station's shopping center.[/SIZE]
When did they expand the hours? Last I heard it was 05:00 until 05:30...great news!
Old Aug 15, 2006, 8:56 pm

Programs: Former COA Silver; AVIS Chairmans Club; AOPA
Runway Re-Alignments

Originally Posted by uthornsgo
Any word on whether ConUniHound will bring back service to Ellington Field in Houston?
This just in! According to my latest copy of Flexible Flyer, the merged CO/UA/GH carrier will be using Ellington Field as their temporary hub for the forseeable future (and beyond), replacing both EWR and IAH. GH buses will be used to transport passengers from EWR and IAH to Ellington.

Apparently, the ceaseless migration of Magnetic North over the last 100,000 years has finally reached a shift of 10 degrees. This has rendered the current EWR & IAH runway numbers inacurate, creating a great deal of pilot confusion on visual approaches during zero/zero (ceiling and visibility) landings. (Mysteriously, non CO/UA airports have not been affected.) CO/UA and Airport Authorities were faced with two options: (1) Change the runway numbers (for example, each end of Rwy 4/22 would be repainted to show 5/23) or (2) Demolish the existing runways completely and install entirely new runways, shifted 10 degrees clockwise ....or is it counterclockwise.

Obviously the newly combined CO/UA/GH Board of Directors has opted for new runways.
Old Aug 15, 2006, 9:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP
A new fare will be implemented: 0. You will be seated in the lav and asked to leave your "seat" everytime someone needs to use it.
Prior to the first trip, you will be handed a "fidelity card" that you will need to get stamped by the pilot/driver. After 10 trips, you will be upgraded to the biz's lav for a segment of your choice*.
In order to receive this fare, however, you must agree to function as a lavatory attendant, and any gratuities you recieve must be turned over to the airline.

Additionally, to be seated in the lavatory, you must be able to:
  1. Be able to locate the toilet
  2. Recognize the toilet operating mechanism
  3. Comprehend the instructions for operating the toilet
  4. Operate the toilet
  5. Assess whether opening the toilet will increase the odors to which passengers may be exposed
  6. Follow oral directions and hand signals given by a crewmember
  7. Secure the toilet seat so that it will not impede lavatory utilization
  8. Hand passengers a minimal number of paper towels, helping to reduce operating costs.
Old Aug 16, 2006, 11:34 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by logicalrealist
In order to receive this fare, however, you must agree to function as a lavatory attendant, and any gratuities you recieve must be turned over to the airline.

4. Operate the toilet
  5. Assess whether opening the toilet will increase the odors to which passengers may be exposed
  8. Hand passengers a minimal number of paper towels, helping to reduce operating costs.
10. Create and operate a stink shield device with MacGuyver-like ingenuity and efficiency.
Old Aug 16, 2006, 11:54 am

Programs: DL PM/KM, AC *G, AS MVP-100K
Originally Posted by logicalrealist

4. Operate the toilet
9. Chaperone the activities of passengers occupying the lavatory for other uses.

Originally Posted by Tulane41
10. Create and operate a stink shield device with MacGuyver-like ingenuity and efficiency.
Old Aug 17, 2006, 7:04 am

Is this really it?
After an amazing start, is this fantastic thread gonna fall down into oblivion because of a few toilet jokes?
Old Aug 17, 2006, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Is this really it?
After an amazing start, is this fantastic thread gonna fall down into oblivion because of a few toilet jokes?
Isn't that where everything we consume ultimately ends up?
Old Aug 17, 2006, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by N9MD
This just in! According to my latest copy of Flexible Flyer, the merged CO/UA/GH carrier will be using Ellington Field as their temporary hub for the forseeable future (and beyond), replacing both EWR and IAH. GH buses will be used to transport passengers from EWR and IAH to Ellington.
Ooh -- extra segments!
Old Aug 17, 2006, 12:00 pm

Programs: Fly Amtrak, Go Greyhound! I'm often wrong but always sincere.
Just back from my first ConUniHound Mileage Run!!!

I'll do a more comprehensive trip report later but wanted to report I did my first run on the combined carrier, HWD-CON-STK-STS-SAC-TVL-NUQ-RHV via mainline air and ground, mostly on Greyhound connection. The new carrier is a mileage runners dream, 8 segments in two days for $27.00!!!!. Would of been $19.47, but I bought my ticket at the counter instead of advance purchase. Most amazing part is all those miles without leaving Northern Cali!

I was mugged in Stockton & I seemed to end up sitting next to people who were convinced that aliens were controlling their thoughts, but all in all, a fun little mileage run!
Old Aug 17, 2006, 12:34 pm

Programs: Too much flying; Lots of hotels
Originally Posted by OutOfOffice
... In addition, prepare yourself for a special cameo appearance from Chavon, now director of Inflight and Inbus services!
^ I've been waiting for her return. ^
Old Aug 17, 2006, 1:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Thumbs up

this thread has gone straight to hell. Albeit on contiunitedhound metal!

I wonder how many EQMs this oneway trip is?
Old Aug 17, 2006, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by Cheap Elite
I wonder how many EQMs this oneway trip is?
In that fare class and on those routes I think they only qualify for 3% EQM.
Old Aug 17, 2006, 3:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by xyzzy
In that fare class and on those routes I think they only qualify for 3% EQM.
Oh...i forgot. You can use the PC club at your airport of departure with a First or BF ticket on this route. the Funny thing is....i don't think folks will be complaining about first/BF upgrades, amenity kits or arrivals lounge access on this route!
Old Nov 7, 2006, 9:29 pm

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
This Just In!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.