FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger-488/)
-   -   New CO Domestic F dinner meals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger/1312055-new-co-domestic-f-dinner-meals.html)

PhillyPhlyer40 Feb 10, 2012 8:37 am

Originally Posted by ayodeji13 (Post 17987490)
Just flew IAH-ONT in F. Had warmed nuts, then choice of cooked chicken pasta or beef + mashed potatoes. Both entrees came with fruit bowl, bread, and salad. Followed with a cookie.

Was this dinner???? Where was the soup that PPTP insists is there.

Guess your soup was eaten by the FA's???? :D

walkerci Feb 10, 2012 10:50 am

I was on CO 1692 (EWR-MCO) last night in First.

Not even a cold plate!!!:mad:
Just potato chips!!!

...????

I do not accept this meals at mealtime crap nor the constant downgrading of service.

The airfare is the same regardless of whether the flight is at 5 PM or 8 PM.
It costs what, $5.00 to serve a real meal?

If CO/UA insists on providing minimal service, they are going to lose a lot of high margin frequent flyers.@:-)

Sulley Feb 10, 2012 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by walkerci (Post 17989518)
I was on CO 1692 (EWR-MCO) last night in First.

Not even a cold plate!!!:mad:
Just potato chips!!!

...????

I do not accept this meals at mealtime crap nor the constant downgrading of service.

The airfare is the same regardless of whether the flight is at 5 PM or 8 PM.
It costs what, $5.00 to serve a real meal?

If CO/UA insists on providing minimal service, they are going to lose a lot of high margin frequent flyers.@:-)

1692 has always been a non-meal flight.

TXbizman Feb 10, 2012 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by bdraco (Post 17987021)
I was on CO2 Wednesday night.

The sausage biscuit for breakfast wasn't bad though. Better then just fruit like normal.

Dinner service was definitely a downgrade.

Yeah but no ketup or tobasco - a must for me. Plus, my son is a vegetarian so all he ate was yogurt and some fruite.

channa Feb 10, 2012 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by TXbizman (Post 17990668)
Yeah but no ketup or tobasco - a must for me. Plus, my son is a vegetarian so all he ate was yogurt and some fruite.

Tabasco, Cholula, etc., are all < 3 oz., so they're legal carryons. ;)

TXbizman Feb 10, 2012 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by channa (Post 17990702)
Tabasco, Cholula, etc., are all < 3 oz., so they're legal carryons. ;)

Forgot, in a rush. But at least I would expect ketchup.

ayodeji13 Feb 10, 2012 5:37 pm

Mine was dinner. No soup

pptp Feb 10, 2012 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40 (Post 17988704)
Ummm...5th grade reading level.

Dinner = NO SOUP
Lunch = SOUP

Riiiight. Thanks for qualifying that which you failed to do in the post I was responding to, where you simply and emphatically stated, "The soup IS gone"---no reference to a particular meal.

We have an internal hard copy containing the detailed meal matrix which they haven't posted on our intranet site yet, but once I go in for work I'll take a look and see if I can clear up the soup mystery.

Air Houston Feb 10, 2012 10:34 pm

Lunch yesterday LAS-IAH was choice of an entree sized lettuce salad with chicken or a chicken calzone (which I really like), a bowl of tomato soup (a different bowl than previously used, but similar in size), a small bowl of fruit (a notably smaller bowl than before), choice of roll (I selected sourdough), and following lunch service a freshly baked cookie. Prior to lunch being served warmed almonds/cashews were served in a tiny ramekin and a hot towel (wash cloth really) was offered. I consider this to be quite an adequate lunch.

I hope they continue offering a choice of rolls. Its a small matter I suppose, but I don't like the multi-grain rolls with the seeds that get stuck between my teeth. I would like to see the larger bowl of fruit return, but overall I can live with this change.

PhillyPhlyer40 Feb 11, 2012 6:20 am

Transcon service gone too

Co-worker just flew LAX-EWR...transcon service was gone.

According to him-same lunch meal as mid-con service with sundae and snack before landing. No more steak. No more menus. GONE!

:td::(

Aloha1 Feb 11, 2012 7:56 am

Originally Posted by TXbizman (Post 17982880)
I was on CO2 (HNL-IAH @ 7:20 pm) and was surprised and disappointed with the meal service: Chicken/rice/green beans/marinara sauce, salad, and small bowl of smoked salmon OR pasta, salad, and small bowl of salmon. Did have cart of ice cream and fixings. Even the FA was apologetic as the menu drastically changed from Jan to Feb.

WHAT??? That's a BF flight and should have had 3 entree options! What did the FA's say about that?

Aloha1 Feb 11, 2012 8:04 am

Originally Posted by bdraco (Post 17987021)
I was on CO2 Wednesday night.

The sausage biscuit for breakfast wasn't bad though. Better then just fruit like normal.

Dinner service was definitely a downgrade.

There could be a legal issue here since CO markets these flights to HNL as Business First and charges accordingly. Bait and switch tactics come to mind:mad: Having two booked and paid for BF flights, IAH-HNL-IAH ,coming up, i will NOT be a happy camper if BF service is gone when I bought BF service.:td:

bocastephen Feb 11, 2012 10:16 am

Time to start organizing protests - although Larry K was far more receptive to customer feedback, we'll need to at least try.

I can't believe the transcon service was gutted!

UA-NYC Feb 11, 2012 10:37 am

Originally Posted by bocastephen (Post 17994835)
I can't believe the transcon service was gutted!

Especially since this was one of the strengths CO was bringing to the merger...good, plentiful food in F.

pptp Feb 11, 2012 10:40 am

To be clear, the couple of CO premium TC routes are still supposed to be traditional TC service. Not sure why the LAX-EWR noted above was not. Might just be slow adjustment to the new parameters. But LAX/SFO-EWR is not changing.

All of the other TC's however, have gone to long-haul service.

Again, just going from memory, but my memory on this stuff is pretty good. So if you complain to the brass, you might leave out what you think it's supposed to be, rather, state your dissatisfaction with what you actually received. I'll confirm once I get my hands on the printed material containing all the details.

I wish they would just publish the detailed matrix for all to see. It would alleviate false expectations and lots of guessing.