FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger-488/)
-   -   New CO Domestic F dinner meals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger/1312055-new-co-domestic-f-dinner-meals.html)

FriendlySkies Feb 9, 2012 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40 (Post 17979814)
On the positive, one non-meal flight had a snackbasket. :rolleyes:

Which is way better than PMCO non-meal flights where this is all you would get

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...23022090_n.jpg

dinoscool3 Feb 9, 2012 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by Luvs2snowbordbut1kSEA (Post 17984349)
Really????????????????????????? It is the new COua CEO forwarding these decisions. This is $misek 100%.

But overall I don't know what the OP is saying, just had dinner on DCA- IAH on Monday and there was soup (albeit cold- served by a lackluster CO staff from EWR).

Facts-> straight-> PLEASE :)

Just because you think Smisek is making the changes (he isn't as in charge in this area as the COO though, who is by chance is a PMUAer) doesn't mean he won't go the UA way on things.

EWR764 Feb 9, 2012 2:40 pm

Really????????????????????????? It is the new COua CEO forwarding these decisions. This is $misek 100%.

But overall I don't know what the OP is saying, just had dinner on DCA- IAH on Monday and there was soup (albeit cold- served by a lackluster CO staff from EWR).

My facts are totally straight. The PMUA mid con dinner service had warm nuts, a salad, roll, hot dish and cookie to finish. No soup.

The OP did not indicate what flight he was on nor the time of day, so I suppose i jumped the gun a bit. But this tired refrain of "Smisek is running the show so it's all CO" is utterly useless and patently false. There are aspects of the merged product that have come from both sides.

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies (Post 17984369)
Which is way better than PMCO non-meal flights where this is all you would get...

Not exactly true. On plenty of non-mealtime PMCO flights, the much-maligned cold plate was served. Still more substantial than a snack basket, but I am glad the UA cold plate has seemingly survived.

goldelite8 Feb 9, 2012 2:42 pm

It seems as if the somewhat longer mid-con flights (>3.5 hours) will receive a salad followed by a main course. I recently flew EWR-FLL and we received cream of mushroom soup with a spinach/chicken wrap. For some reason, they only catered one option on this flight even though the amenities page reads "Light meal featuring a choice of a hot sandwich or salad main course option." The soup was good (as usual) but the sandwich was absolutely disgusting. I really miss the hot entrees.

Luvs2snowbordbut1kSEA Feb 9, 2012 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by dinoscool3 (Post 17984487)
Just because you think Smisek is making the changes (he isn't as in charge in this area as the COO though, who is by chance is a PMUAer) doesn't mean he won't go the UA way on things.

The fact is CEO sets the tone and direction of departments. In any event this must not have been a dinner flight, as we do get warm nits and soup on mid con dinner flights. ^^

The comment was a. wrong and b. if true, his displeasure was incorrectly focused on PMUA and not the current management team. :D

demkr Feb 9, 2012 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC (Post 17982320)
That's the LGA-ORD meal (and other 800 mile-ish flights). Have found it quite good, esp on that length of flight.

Hey, wasn't this the one flight they exempted from the meal rules due to competition at one time? Or did they revert back to all snack service?

FriendlySkies Feb 9, 2012 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by EWR764 (Post 17984635)
Not exactly true. On plenty of non-mealtime PMCO flights, the much-maligned cold plate was served. Still more substantial than a snack basket, but I am glad the UA cold plate has seemingly survived.

And on the flight without a cold plate, the almonds were all that you got. I'm pleased to see the snack basket surviving, as one bag of almonds on a 862 mile flight is not my idea of a snack.

ayodeji13 Feb 9, 2012 3:52 pm

I'm about to fly Iah-ont in f. hopefully I get lucky

nycboy Feb 9, 2012 6:48 pm

Thats a snack plate. Bring back cheeseburger.

darksidesith Feb 9, 2012 6:54 pm

I know it seems odd, but I would take a hot cheeseburger, salad, since I know what fries would taste like and a sundae or dessert item anytime. I am not very picky. Since I have zero reimbursement for meals I love free food. Not everyone has an expense account while flying for business.

PhillyPhlyer40 Feb 9, 2012 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by pptp (Post 17984183)
The soup is not gone. Not familiar enough with the changes to tell you why certain one haven't seen it.

The soup IS gone. According to the FA's on my flight Tuesday night-and confirmed on today's flights.

So, flight was EWR-IAH (CO 39) on Tuesday. Meal was listed as "dinner" which historically was Soup, Salad, Entree w/starch, and seperate desert after dinner. Has been that way for YEARS.

Tuesday was Salad (in the SAME bowl that cereal in the UC's is served-IAH "E" club this am). Smallish-bowl. Entree w/OUT starch. Fruit in a cup just a little bigger than a nut ramkin. Fruit was 1/2 circle of orange, 1/2 circle of grapefruit, 3 grapes, 2 pieces of cantalope. Fresh baked cookie after tray was taken. The nuts were mixed, and served warm in a bowl.

The snack basket was Tuesday night IAH-MSY. Included tolberone's, pop-chips, banannas and other various stuff...have seen it on UA ORD-IAD previously.

Today, I had the scone on an early MSY-IAH flight.

Took the "lunch" IAH-EWR flight. Lunch was changed. (spoke with crew, said the new meals are rolling out slowly. They started on Monday)

Lunch was: Beef wrap (not changed), SOUP-served in the "salad" bowl from dinner-aka the cereal bowl at the UC. (This is HORRIBLE for soup 'containment', and the soup slops all over), fruit in the small-ish nut cup, and NO milano cookie! Fresh baked cookies were served later in the flight.

See above...100% straight!

Luvs2snowbordbut1kSEA Feb 9, 2012 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40 (Post 17986092)
The soup IS gone. According to the FA's on my flight Tuesday night-and confirmed on today's flights.

So, flight was EWR-IAH (CO 39) on Tuesday. Meal was listed as "dinner" which historically was Soup, Salad, Entree w/starch, and seperate desert after dinner. Has been that way for YEARS.

Tuesday was Salad (in the SAME bowl that cereal in the UC's is served-IAH "E" club this am). Smallish-bowl. Entree w/OUT starch. Fruit in a cup just a little bigger than a nut ramkin. Fruit was 1/2 circle of orange, 1/2 circle of grapefruit, 3 grapes, 2 pieces of cantalope. Fresh baked cookie after tray was taken. The nuts were mixed, and served warm in a bowl.

The snack basket was Tuesday night IAH-MSY. Included tolberone's, pop-chips, banannas and other various stuff...have seen it on UA ORD-IAD previously.

Took the "lunch" IAH-EWR flight. Lunch was changed. (spoke with crew, said the new meals are rolling out slowly. They started on Monday)

Lunch was: Beef wrap (not changed), SOUP-served in the "salad" bowl from dinner-aka the cereal bowl at the UC. (This is HORRIBLE for soup 'containment', and the soup slops all over), fruit in the small-ish nut cup, and NO milano cookie! Fresh baked cookies were served later in the flight.

Oh OK I guess I imagined my soup, as did others.

joel67 Feb 9, 2012 7:31 pm

No mention of a vegetable. Did these dinners ever come with vegetables?

Also, what exactly was the entree? Just curious whether it was something that would seem odd without a starch (or a vegetable?).

pptp Feb 9, 2012 8:33 pm

The soup IS gone.

Lunch was: Beef wrap (not changed), SOUP-served in the "salad" bowl from dinner-aka the cereal bowl at the UC

Ummm, which is it?

BTW, they must have gotten the wrong bowls. It's supposed to be the same as the (smaller) fruit bowl.

UA-NYC Feb 9, 2012 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by EWR764 (Post 17984635)
My facts are totally straight. The PMUA mid con dinner service had warm nuts, a salad, roll, hot dish and cookie to finish. No soup.

Does LGA-DEN and vv (1,600 miles) count as a midcon? I've had soup on that route multiple times.