FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger-488/)
-   -   New CO Domestic F dinner meals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger/1312055-new-co-domestic-f-dinner-meals.html)

PhillyPhlyer40 Feb 8, 2012 8:14 pm

New CO Domestic F dinner meals

....A change I wont like.

No Soup
No Desert
SMALL fruit bowl
Cr@ppy "chicken" meat
No starch

On the positive, one non-meal flight had a snackbasket. :rolleyes:

EWR764 Feb 8, 2012 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40 (Post 17979814)
....A change I wont like.

No Soup
No Desert
SMALL fruit bowl
Cr@ppy "chicken" meat
No starch

On the positive, one non-meal flight had a snackbasket. :rolleyes:

Sounds like the legacy UA service. I knew CO's rather generous dinner service wouldn't last.

Which flight did you see this on? Seems strange that they'd serve fruit with dinner.

star_world Feb 9, 2012 7:53 am

What route? What time of the day?

bocastephen Feb 9, 2012 8:43 am

This sounds like the new snack plate, replacing the previously loathed salted luncheon meat and cheese.

Mine included a fruit bowl, cracker and cheese, cold sliced chicken breast on pasta salad, small brownie.

UA-NYC Feb 9, 2012 8:48 am

Originally Posted by bocastephen (Post 17982289)
This sounds like the new snack plate, replacing the previously loathed salted luncheon meat and cheese.

Mine included a fruit bowl, cracker and cheese, cold sliced chicken breast on pasta salad, small brownie.

That's the LGA-ORD meal (and other 800 mile-ish flights). Have found it quite good, esp on that length of flight.

bocastephen Feb 9, 2012 8:59 am

here is what CO is showing for their domestic F meals...

https://www.continental.com/web/en-U...ss/dining.aspx

pptp Feb 9, 2012 9:10 am

That's the new cold plate. It's actually quite good. The chicken seems to have a little smoke flavor and is well seasoned. The pasta salad is very good. I try to avoid the empty calories of pasta but couldn't stop eating it. Comes with a packaged piece of cheese too. Overall, much better than the old one---more like the Bethune era cold plates.

BTW, since when is pasta not a starch?

TXbizman Feb 9, 2012 10:10 am

Originally Posted by star_world (Post 17981981)
What route? What time of the day?

I was on CO2 (HNL-IAH @ 7:20 pm) and was surprised and disappointed with the meal service: Chicken/rice/green beans/marinara sauce, salad, and small bowl of smoked salmon OR pasta, salad, and small bowl of salmon. Did have cart of ice cream and fixings. Even the FA was apologetic as the menu drastically changed from Jan to Feb.

JDT1955 Feb 9, 2012 10:26 am

I was on CLE-PHX on CO last night and noticed the FC dinner didn't include soup, which I consider the best part of PMCO FC meals. Is soup gone with the merger or just hit and miss? The meal itself (salad followed by short ribs with vermicelli rice) was quite good, just missing my soup! Also, the warmed nuts were nothing but almonds. Is it luck of the draw between cashews (everyone's favorite, it seems) and the others? The warm cookie at the end was fine, I'm just not that big a cookie fan...

PDXPremier Feb 9, 2012 10:32 am

Originally Posted by JDT1955 (Post 17983001)
I was on CLE-PHX on CO last night and noticed the FC dinner didn't include soup, which I consider the best part of PMCO FC meals. Is soup gone with the merger or just hit and miss? The meal itself (salad followed by short ribs with vermicelli rice) was quite good, just missing my soup! Also, the warmed nuts were nothing but almonds. Is it luck of the draw between cashews (everyone's favorite, it seems) and the others? The warm cookie at the end was fine, I'm just not that big a cookie fan...

Sad when the warm nuts revert back to mixed nuts (which are mostly almonds)...always have to keep my fingers crossed for the cashews! :)

bocastephen Feb 9, 2012 10:34 am

I'm concerned about reports the soup is gone - this was one of the highlights of the F meal and a stalwart of the CO product for years.

TXbizman Feb 9, 2012 11:12 am

Originally Posted by bocastephen (Post 17983054)
I'm concerned about reports the soup is gone - this was one of the highlights of the F meal and a stalwart of the CO product for years.

I miss soup too - it was always soothing and I have tons of small packets of crushed red pepper that makes the soup even taste better. Now what am I going to do with all my crushed pepper?:(

pptp Feb 9, 2012 1:33 pm

The soup is not gone. Not familiar enough with the changes to tell you why certain one haven't seen it.

joel67 Feb 9, 2012 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by JDT1955 (Post 17983001)

Exactly the same meal ORD-SFO this week (in C). I assume you also had the broccoli on the side? This actually seemed like a good cross between the tastier PMCO meals and the healthier PMUA meals. My only disappointment was the cookie since I had been hoping for a sundae.

(Food was different, but also good on the return. No soup either way.)

Luvs2snowbordbut1kSEA Feb 9, 2012 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by EWR764 (Post 17980100)
Sounds like the legacy UA service. I knew CO's rather generous dinner service wouldn't last.

Which flight did you see this on? Seems strange that they'd serve fruit with dinner.

Really????????????????????????? It is the new COua CEO forwarding these decisions. This is $misek 100%.

But overall I don't know what the OP is saying, just had dinner on DCA- IAH on Monday and there was soup (albeit cold- served by a lackluster CO staff from EWR).

Facts-> straight-> PLEASE :)