New CO Domestic F dinner meals

Old Feb 8, 12, 8:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
New CO Domestic F dinner meals

....A change I wont like.

No Soup
No Desert
SMALL fruit bowl
[email protected] "chicken" meat
No starch

On the positive, one non-meal flight had a snackbasket.
Old Feb 8, 12, 9:18 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40 View Post
....A change I wont like.

No Soup
No Desert
SMALL fruit bowl
[email protected] "chicken" meat
No starch

On the positive, one non-meal flight had a snackbasket.
Sounds like the legacy UA service. I knew CO's rather generous dinner service wouldn't last.

Which flight did you see this on? Seems strange that they'd serve fruit with dinner.
Old Feb 9, 12, 7:53 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
What route? What time of the day?
Old Feb 9, 12, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO Platinum 1K, United 1K, SPG LT Platinum, National Executive Elite, Platinum TSA Hater
This sounds like the new snack plate, replacing the previously loathed salted luncheon meat and cheese.

Mine included a fruit bowl, cracker and cheese, cold sliced chicken breast on pasta salad, small brownie.
Old Feb 9, 12, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bocastephen View Post
This sounds like the new snack plate, replacing the previously loathed salted luncheon meat and cheese.

Mine included a fruit bowl, cracker and cheese, cold sliced chicken breast on pasta salad, small brownie.
That's the LGA-ORD meal (and other 800 mile-ish flights). Have found it quite good, esp on that length of flight.
Old Feb 9, 12, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO Platinum 1K, United 1K, SPG LT Platinum, National Executive Elite, Platinum TSA Hater
here is what CO is showing for their domestic F meals...

https://www.continental.com/web/en-U...ss/dining.aspx
Old Feb 9, 12, 9:10 am

That's the new cold plate. It's actually quite good. The chicken seems to have a little smoke flavor and is well seasoned. The pasta salad is very good. I try to avoid the empty calories of pasta but couldn't stop eating it. Comes with a packaged piece of cheese too. Overall, much better than the old one---more like the Bethune era cold plates.

BTW, since when is pasta not a starch?
Old Feb 9, 12, 10:10 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold 1 Presidence Circle
Originally Posted by star_world View Post
What route? What time of the day?
I was on CO2 (HNL-IAH @ 7:20 pm) and was surprised and disappointed with the meal service: Chicken/rice/green beans/marinara sauce, salad, and small bowl of smoked salmon OR pasta, salad, and small bowl of salmon. Did have cart of ice cream and fixings. Even the FA was apologetic as the menu drastically changed from Jan to Feb.
Old Feb 9, 12, 10:26 am

Programs: UA GS 4MM
I was on CLE-PHX on CO last night and noticed the FC dinner didn't include soup, which I consider the best part of PMCO FC meals. Is soup gone with the merger or just hit and miss? The meal itself (salad followed by short ribs with vermicelli rice) was quite good, just missing my soup! Also, the warmed nuts were nothing but almonds. Is it luck of the draw between cashews (everyone's favorite, it seems) and the others? The warm cookie at the end was fine, I'm just not that big a cookie fan...
Old Feb 9, 12, 10:32 am

Programs: AS MVP, BW Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by JDT1955 View Post
I was on CLE-PHX on CO last night and noticed the FC dinner didn't include soup, which I consider the best part of PMCO FC meals. Is soup gone with the merger or just hit and miss? The meal itself (salad followed by short ribs with vermicelli rice) was quite good, just missing my soup! Also, the warmed nuts were nothing but almonds. Is it luck of the draw between cashews (everyone's favorite, it seems) and the others? The warm cookie at the end was fine, I'm just not that big a cookie fan...
Sad when the warm nuts revert back to mixed nuts (which are mostly almonds)...always have to keep my fingers crossed for the cashews!
Old Feb 9, 12, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm concerned about reports the soup is gone - this was one of the highlights of the F meal and a stalwart of the CO product for years.
Old Feb 9, 12, 11:12 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold 1 Presidence Circle
Originally Posted by bocastephen View Post
I'm concerned about reports the soup is gone - this was one of the highlights of the F meal and a stalwart of the CO product for years.
I miss soup too - it was always soothing and I have tons of small packets of crushed red pepper that makes the soup even taste better. Now what am I going to do with all my crushed pepper?
Old Feb 9, 12, 1:33 pm

The soup is not gone. Not familiar enough with the changes to tell you why certain one haven't seen it.
Old Feb 9, 12, 1:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, MC Life Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by JDT1955 View Post
Exactly the same meal ORD-SFO this week (in C). I assume you also had the broccoli on the side? This actually seemed like a good cross between the tastier PMCO meals and the healthier PMUA meals. My only disappointment was the cookie since I had been hoping for a sundae.

(Food was different, but also good on the return. No soup either way.)
Old Feb 9, 12, 1:59 pm

Programs: COdbaUA free, WN A-List, AS MVP Gold, SPG Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by EWR764 View Post
Sounds like the legacy UA service. I knew CO's rather generous dinner service wouldn't last.

Which flight did you see this on? Seems strange that they'd serve fruit with dinner.
Really????????????????????????? It is the new COua CEO forwarding these decisions. This is $misek 100%.

But overall I don't know what the OP is saying, just had dinner on DCA- IAH on Monday and there was soup (albeit cold- served by a lackluster CO staff from EWR).

Facts-> straight-> PLEASE

Search this Thread