Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2010, 9:49 am

Programs: OnePass Infinite CO MM, PC Charter Lifer SkyMiles GM, MileagePlus
Nice To Know You Are OK

I'm just grateful that Scott made it out of detention
Old Nov 16, 2010, 9:49 am

Programs: UA MM *G, AA EXP, OW Emerald, Hyatt Globalist, Gold everywhere else
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
These changes look like a definite neutral for me---but they will provide extra incentive to do a mileage run to get to the next elite tier up.
Ditto. Glad I decided to book a cheapo MR to secure 100k for 2010. This will be the only chance ever to get those unrestricted SWUs...
Old Nov 16, 2010, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA PLAT, SPG PLAT. Collector of Chase UR points
Originally Posted by BryanIAH
Fare restricted SWUs
I would gladly accept 4 unrestricted SWUs with one extra for each additional 25K EQMs!
+1

I am not a fan of this enhancement. to the fare class restrictions.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by dunwu
It's a shame they call devaluation as benefit

I don't think the new restriction on SWU benefits CO 1K either.

Let's act together UA&CO 1Ks!
Depends when you get the tickets. It seems like starting late May 2011 can never be an off-peak, so the prices are always expensive. Instead of getting M fares for $1500 ROC-HKG RT, I'd prefer $1800 B fare RT. If you could snip a deal like $900, then let's hope it's not S, T, K, L or G.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 9:53 am

125% Bonus or back to 100% for 75K CO PLT or +?

I don't see that in the terms either. Let's hope it's not a devaluation. CO stands out from other airlines because of its *immortal* RDMs and 125% bonus. I never like the UA product to be honest with you.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by Paulakers2010
I don't see that in the terms either. Let's hope it's not a devaluation. CO stands out from other airlines because of its *immortal* RDMs and 125% bonus. I never like the UA product to be honest with you.
125% bonus has been gone for a while now on CO.

It's been 100% bonus for Gold/Plat for a couple years, IIRC. You can get a 25% bonus on top of that if you have the PP MC.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 9:56 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA 1k/1mm+, National EE, IC Plat, Bonvoy Gold
This is really a mixed bag. Let me paraphrase (loosely) what I read between the lines:

1) We will give you 2 more SWUs, but we know most of you will likely never be able to make use of them. (devaluation for CO and UA ffs)

2) We will give you access to CR1s, but it's more difficult to earn them than it used to be on UA (devaluation for UA, enhancement for CO ffs)

3) Presidential Platinum will effectively be deep-sixed in 2011 and if you're currently a PPlat and keep up spending a bunch of money with us, you may or may not get an invite to be GS sometime in late 2011. (No change for UA ffs and slight devaluation for CO PPlats)

4) 1ks will have update priority over lower earning members....does that include mileage upgrades? Or is this the real deal like it currently works on CO/UA. If so, then this is the one thing that I see as a HUGE improvement. (No change for UA ffs and HUGE improvement for most CO ffs)

5) Crickets on E+ does not make for a good omen.

In all, I am suprised and disappointed by the lack of specificity of the new program. WHy not come out and give it to us straight:

- Name of the merged Program
- Official Elite tiers of the merged program
- Upgrade rules of merged program
- Mileage earning rules of new program

I see a lot of wiggle room in what has been announced. Too much for my personal comfort.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA PLAT, SPG PLAT. Collector of Chase UR points
Originally Posted by channa

As an aside, I wonder if the CO CR1s will work on BF Hawaii flights. That would be a great value if they did.
I was wondering that myself. I guess we will have to wait until next year and see if they keep BF to Hawaii, move to standard F service, or keep it west coast-Hawaii and complimentary upgrades and mid/east coast-Hawaii as BF. There are a few ways this can play out.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 9:57 am

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Originally Posted by Paulakers2010
I don't see that in the terms either. Let's hope it's not a devaluation. CO stands out from other airlines because of its *immortal* RDMs and 125% bonus.
Gold, Plat and PPlat are at 100% bonus, not 125%.

If one has the PPlus card then you get an extra 25% bonus, which hopefully will be kept going forward.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Arrow

Originally Posted by jrzyshawn
+1

I am not a fan of this enhancement. to the fare class restrictions.
Folks, UA W fare could be very expensive if you want to use SWU.

I have seen $2,200 W fare to PEK, PVG next summer.

This is higher than some B fares on CO.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 9:58 am

Programs: OnePass Platinum, *G, Amex Plat, Priority Pass Prestige, Costa Coffee Loyalty Card
Very disappointed with the nerfing of SWUs.

Will SWUs from 2010 be nerfed too, or are they still actual System-Wide Upgrades?
Old Nov 16, 2010, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by sbm12

On the plus side, it is worth noting that the two programs even managed to align their stock photography for the announcement of the alignment of the programs. This woman is looking longingly out the window for her elite benefits on both the UA and CO websites

Actually she's watching an AA 757 take off from JFK while circling to land at EWR wondering "Why didn't I jump the ship when I had a chance to".
Old Nov 16, 2010, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by channa
125% bonus has been gone for a while now on CO.

It's been 100% bonus for Gold/Plat for a couple years, IIRC. You can get a 25% bonus on top of that if you have the PP MC.
Originally Posted by J.Edward
Gold, Plat and PPlat are at 100% bonus, not 125%.

If one has the PPlus card then you get an extra 25% bonus, which hopefully will be kept going forward.
Then might be a little better for FlyerGuide Wiki to specify the details. :S Thanks for the clean-up.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by AAExPlat
1) We will give you 2 more SWUs, but we know most of you will likely never be able to make use of them. (devaluation for CO and UA ffs)
This one is a mixed bag. For UA FFers it's status quo. For CO FFers it's 2 more SWUs but with restrictions. Depends on how expensive the fare class is, and/or what your buying habits are.

2) We will give you access to CR1s, but it's more difficult to earn them than it used to be on UA (devaluation for UA, enhancement for CO ffs)
Agreed, for the most part. It's definitely a bonus for the CO member. For the UA member, it depends how much and on what metal fly. If you fly UA and 100K, it's a hit. If you fly 150K, it's probably a wash. If you fly 175K+, it's more for the UA flyer. Also, the UA BIS and quarterly restrictions are gone, so it's a YMMV situation. Long flights on LH or OALs did not qualify for CR1 accrual with the current UA rules. Now it seems that you can earn CR1s without ever flying UA. That was not possible before.

5) Crickets on E+ does not make for a good omen.
+1

In all, I am suprised and disappointed by the lack of specificity of the new program. WHy not come out and give it to us straight:

- Name of the merged Program
- Official Elite tiers of the merged program
- Upgrade rules of merged program
- Mileage earning rules of new program
I think the writing is on the wall for much of this. The name doesn't matter, but there appears to be a 25K/50K/75K/100K level now, and nothing material has been announced in terms of upgrade and mileage earning rules, so I wouldn't fret that.

E+ is the big one that we need to be concerned about.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 10:08 am

Programs: UA 1K/COPlat, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by usa18dca

Actually she's watching an AA 757 circling to land at MIA with a 2-foot hole in the fuselage thanking her stars that she flew CO even if she didn't get the upgrade.

Fixed it for ya!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.