Wiki Posts
Search

Vaya con Dios, Continental Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2010, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UALCO Holdings General Member
Originally Posted by channa
Agreed. It also happens be the same as midnight Chicago time.
Yeah I forgot about that

Can we get a Rah Rah CO is the best for the road.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 10:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
I send off Continental Airlines, Inc. with one of my favorite melodies, which beautifully captures the spirit of a long journey, "Voyager" by Daft Punk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6WEGRRB6t8
Old Sep 30, 2010, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by rolov
Yeah I forgot about that

Can we get a Rah Rah CO is the best for the road.

Of course. Though it's possible that Jeff retains that arrogant culture in the new company, so it may be around for a good bit longer. We'll have to see.

Rah! Rah! We're the best!
Old Sep 30, 2010, 10:33 pm

Of course. Though it's possible that Jeff retains that arrogant culture in the new company, so it may be around for a good bit longer. We'll have to see.

Rah! Rah! We're the best!
According to an e-mail from a SVP I believe we'll see the CO culture remain...
Old Sep 30, 2010, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AE
Though I only flew Continental once, their ads are embedded in my childhood subconscious: "the proud bird with the golden tail" and the saucier "we really move our tail for you". RIP.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vvLt...eature=related
Old Sep 30, 2010, 11:02 pm

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
12:01am
Old Sep 30, 2010, 11:14 pm

Programs: MS Plat, AOR ninja
Originally Posted by J.Edward
12:01am

Old Oct 14, 2010, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Well, we flew in BF on CO 1 IAH-HNL on 10/3 and in BF on CO 2 HNL-IAH on 10/9.....the service both ways was great. ^

It still seemed like the old days......

Except that Jeff mentioned he was running UA now and there was some music by Gershwin at the beginning and end of his video (I like Gershwin ).......and for FWIW, there was also no mention of "the most professional men and women in the industry".......
Old Nov 30, 2011, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
With the end of the Continental flight designations today, I wanted to re-visit this thread to say THANK YOU once again to Continental...past and present. ^

http://ir.unitedcontinentalholdings....697&highlight=
Old Nov 30, 2011, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by theblakefish
With the end of the Continental flight designations today, I wanted to re-visit this thread to say THANK YOU once again to Continental...past and present. ^

http://ir.unitedcontinentalholdings....697&highlight=
Yes, indeed. Truly an end of an era that for me goes back to the late 60's and the B747, B727-200, B720B, DC-10 and DC-9.

And the days of airplanes with "Continental" appearing on them is fast drawing to close as well, judging by recent visits by yours truly to the IAH and EWR hubs.....
Old Nov 30, 2011, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Wow -- the end of an era. Thanks fr posting the link.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 12:26 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
End of a huge and historic era in air travel. on to the future
Old Nov 30, 2011, 1:11 pm

I barely remember PanAm and only recall TWA a little bit but Continental has been such a huge part of my life, I can't imagaine where we go from here and it was my first year as platinum and I had finally learned the rules.Now it's 1K and I haven't the foggiest where to start!

So long Old Friend.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 6:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
Folks, the merger has benefited me personally in the past year or so, just because of my status match and customer service that I have received from UA, so I am happy. I am confident. I am pleased with the new UA. After today, no more "boo-hoo" and "I miss CO" for me...but that starts tomorrow. Today, let me thank Continental Airlines one final time for a great run and many very enjoyable travel experiences. I started traveling regularly in 2002, and being that I chose CO for my travel at the height of their stature, I feel lucky to have experienced this airline since then and I will have some very fond memories. :-:

Good luck to The Most Professional Men and Women in the Industry as everyone turns the page at 12:01 a.m. CST tomorrow morning. So long, Continental Airlines!!
Old Mar 2, 2012, 6:20 am

Programs: DL DM/MM; UA Premier 1K; AA EXP; ICH Plat Ambassador
You're missing the last 5 or so years. What do we call those?
I really had no love for CO when it was part of SkyTeam. My experience with it was much better after it joined *A. But, to be honest, I'll never understand your apparently love for the legacy United Airlines. Your experience with it must have been infinitely better than mine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.