Search

Teh Penalty Box

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2010, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
Good night Box.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 10:54 pm

Hello from SYD, where I am waiting for a flight to go see my aunt and uncle in the midst of a two-week, ridiculous business trip. New carrier, too (DJ).

I am sorry I missed the pig cam.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 4:29 am

Programs: CO 1 Ply
Mrning Bx
Old Jul 19, 2010, 4:49 am
msv
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Morning bx
Old Jul 19, 2010, 4:58 am
msv
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have very little motivtion this morning
Old Jul 19, 2010, 5:01 am

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Gold, EZ Pass Plat, Starbucks Gold, Whatever flight is cheapest
Originally Posted by msv
I have very little motivtion this morning
4 more days and it will be friday.^
Old Jul 19, 2010, 5:02 am
msv
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cheepneezy
4 more days and it will be friday.^
That is a good way to look at it
Old Jul 19, 2010, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Scott6067
Monitor just got a call from Delta that my flight to CVG is cancelled tomorrow. I will now be traveling through ATL instead.......
See you soon somewhere else.

BTW: Despite the "Wing of Satan" nonsense, DL does handle IRROPS very well, at least for PMs and DMs. Unless the circumstances are very unusual, they will get you where you are going (upgrading you if there are any seats) with the added bonus of reclassifying you as full Y with the concomitant 50% bonuses.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
g'day box.

Got up at 6a to go to the gym. Great in theory, but the shower after "didn't take." I suppose I could just go stand outside though, as it's raining pretty intensely right now. This should thoroughly kerfuffle EWR for the rest of the week.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
Originally Posted by belynch
g'day box.

Got up at 6a to go to the gym. Great in theory, but the shower after "didn't take." I suppose I could just go stand outside though, as it's raining pretty intensely right now. This should thoroughly kerfuffle EWR for the rest of the week.
I once broke wind on the terminal train.

It was down for three days.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 6:47 am

Programs: UA and HH
Originally Posted by belynch
g'day box.

No rain in Manhattan, yet.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 6:50 am

Programs: Flying Nut
Originally Posted by monitor
See you soon somewhere else.

BTW: Despite the "Wing of Satan" nonsense, DL does handle IRROPS very well, at least for PMs and DMs. Unless the circumstances are very unusual, they will get you where you are going (upgrading you if there are any seats) with the added bonus of reclassifying you as full Y with the concomitant 50% bonuses.
Sounds good!!

Currently seating in the SAT PC till about 9 am. DL did need me this morning!! $400 in vouchers and $22 in food vouchers. I had originally been rebooked in first on my first set of flights after the cancelled CVG flights. Then the rebooked flights I also got first on DL for both flights. Not bad for 2 hours or so of my time.

I plan to buy some coffee beans or water for the house with the vouchers. No reason to waste the vouchers!!
Old Jul 19, 2010, 6:51 am

Programs: Flying Nut
Oh also got a 1000 Sky Pesos!!
Old Jul 19, 2010, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Scott6067
Oh also got a 1000 Sky Pesos!!
Not a big deal for sure. But extra Q miles always help.

The advantage that DL now has and will have until ConUni gets off the ground is the size of their system. They always have three or four alternatives when there is a problem so that storms in ATL can route everything over DTW and the agents (especially in the SkyCLubs) are empowered to do what they can for you.

ConUni will have thode same sort of system advantages available but let us wait and see how much power they decide to give to the agents.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
Great googly moogly I forgot how terrible non PPlus Chase customer service is. Last week when I found the fraud charge on my card I called the PPlus line and the whole claim took, maybe, 2 minutes. This morning I saw some foreign transaction fees post to my account associated with the fraud so I called them back up to get them reversed. Because I don't have my new account number yet I got routed to Manilla or wherever their really terrible overseas call center is.

20 minutes have gone by and I've been transferred three times and I've gotten nowhere so I just hung-up and will wait for my new card to arrive so I can speak to someone who knows how to do their job.

Chase is teh Suck. It's terrible that you have to pay $400/year to access folks that know how to do their job.

Originally Posted by Mackieman
I once broke wind on the terminal train.

It was down for three days.
The TermaLink or the EWR ARGHTrain?

Originally Posted by gbryan84
No rain in Manhattan, yet.
I think storm clouds are localized over me. The only reason it rained is because I forgot to cover the grill last night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.