msv
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The part of my house without AC is
Old Jul 18, 2010, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Originally Posted by msv
The part of my house without AC is
If I weren't selling my house, the constant temperature of the basement would be sounding better every day.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 8:23 pm
msv
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by icurhere2
If I weren't selling my house, the constant temperature of the basement would be sounding better every day.
My free Hyatt night is very tempting
Old Jul 18, 2010, 8:32 pm
msv
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Better try and sleep too. Not that I want Monday to come any faster though
Old Jul 18, 2010, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by msv
My free Hyatt night is very tempting
Free Hyatt nights are always tempting.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
I just put on my new glasses (and took out contact lenses). Wow, it is really nice to have glasses with up to date prescription.

Teh cow provided us with a yummeh top sirloin tonight.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 8:45 pm

Programs: Priceline Blood Diamond Elite. Peon on DL, AA, UA, US, and WN.
Originally Posted by baglady
Possibly. Growing up, I had a friend whose family was one of the few Jewish families in town. It didn't seem to bother him, and everyone thought it was very cool when he had a Bar Mitzvah. I believe we spent more time studying Chanukah with him in the class than we probably would have otherwise.

EAR is a surprisingly diverse town; much more so than when I grew up there. The University has a large international student body and the community has been very open to different cultures; probably more than most midwest towns would be.
Interesting. I had no idea it was a diverse town. I had a feeling Lincoln would be, due to the university there. Kearney? Not so much.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 8:47 pm

I am in Dr. Pepper nirvana tonight. Why?
Check this out:

There were 3 pallet loads of these sitting in my local Kroger (Buffalo Speedway). Unfortunately, they were not on sale, so I bought only one case for $4.00. I saw no mention of these on sale anywhere. As soon as Dr. Pepper is on sale, I plan to stock up.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: La Ministreuse de Surréalisme, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by photog72
Interesting. I had no idea it was a diverse town. I had a feeling Lincoln would be, due to the university there. Kearney? Not so much.
They've cultivated a diverse University and community and it's been good for the place. I'm not sure if they still have it, but they did have a Japanese exchange program. I had two students that I would take out or have over for dinner, take them places around town and happily for them, bring them Japanese snacks which they were sorely missing. I know currently there are a fair amount of students from China and for years there has been a good amount of students from Nepal.

Students come to UNK from all 93 Nebraska counties, 47 states, and 49 foreign countries.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by photog72
I am in Dr. Pepper nirvana tonight. Why?
Check this out:

There were 3 pallet loads of these sitting in my local Kroger (Buffalo Speedway). Unfortunately, they were not on sale, so I bought only one case for $4.00. I saw no mention of these on sale anywhere. As soon as Dr. Pepper is on sale, I plan to stock up.
I would be a little reserved in my hopes - RC (4/$11) and Pepsi (3/$11) are on sale here through next weekend.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 9:14 pm

Programs: Flying Nut
Monitor just got a call from Delta that my flight to CVG is cancelled tomorrow. I will now be traveling through ATL instead.

I like that Delta knowing that they needed to cancel the flight protected me on other flights tomorrow. As a Platnium I got upgraded on both new flights via ATL. Also both flights are looking to be oversold and with my original flight being 70 seat CRJ900 I have a feeling that they will need volunters. I have already made a backup flight on CO so that I can make it easier on the TA tomorrow morning as I feel that it will be a zoo at the DL counter.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: La Ministreuse de Surréalisme, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat
Good night, box!
Old Jul 18, 2010, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
I just caught up on a bunch of bills. I just paid for the Hyatt certs that will pay for the Hawaii trip in August/September.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by icurhere2
I would be a little reserved in my hopes - RC (4/$11) and Pepsi (3/$11) are on sale here through next weekend.
Supermarket sales in Houston go from Wednesday through Tuesday. So, I'll see if they go on sale soon. Right now, Coke 12 packs are on sale here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.