Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Teh Penalty Box

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2010, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by Mackieman
Yeah, Mrs. Mackie and I need a weekend out of town after she's done for the summer. We'll see what happens.

Shiner used to be craft beer, but it's really craft-style beer now since they sold out to Gambrinus. It's still good drinking beer though, and once the local breweries get off of the hop craziness they're going through, AUS will rival SAN and PDX for good breweries.

Of course, that isn't to say that the local beer in AUS is bad, it's just more hoppy than I care for most of the time. Hop heads will most vehemently disagree, I'm sure.
I think all craft breweries have gone hop-crazy. I can't get a sampler case from any microbrewery without there being two pale ales. I like the occasional IPA -- it goes very well with food -- but a little bit can go a long way.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
Originally Posted by baglady
very boxlike though^
True, but I still expected some competitiveness.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 6:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Peroni for Plus1 and I.
My wife chose not to drink tonight. I'm supporting her decision by withholding as well.
Originally Posted by AMF in NJ
We stayed at a nice Best Western in Venice. :-:
Ditto.

Blind loyalty to a hotel program means missing out on good values and options all over the world.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 6:56 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Gold, EZ Pass Plat, Starbucks Gold, Whatever flight is cheapest
Panorama print finally shipped. Yay. Took it 1 day to go from Ca. to NJ, and is now scheduled to take 4 days to go from NJ to NY.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: La Ministreuse de Surréalisme, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Trustguy
Hooray! My upgrade for Sunday's flight to HNL cleared this morning. ^
Great news!
Old Jul 22, 2010, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cheepneezy
Panorama print finally shipped. Yay. Took it 1 day to go from Ca. to NJ, and is now scheduled to take 4 days to go from NJ to NY.
That's efficiency for you
Old Jul 22, 2010, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Invitation for a conference today; both Pepsi and Coca Cola are the key sponsors. Wonder if both will be served during meals/breaks?
Old Jul 22, 2010, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12
Thanks (and it is remarkable how quickly you answer these questions); that's what I thought, although they do share a loyalty program that gives credit for DL miles. Wasn't expecting anything anyway.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My wife chose not to drink tonight. I'm supporting her decision by withholding as well.
Ditto.

Blind loyalty to a hotel program means missing out on good values and options all over the world.
I don't have blind loyalty. I'm staying at a Four Seasons in Dallas when I could be staying at a Marriott or *Wood. Maintaining my status; however, is important to me.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 7:13 pm

Programs: Flying Nut
Originally Posted by Olton Hall
It's a decent camera especially for someone who hasn't used it. Set everything to auto and you'll be fine for now. Need to learn how to use it to get better than average photos though.
I was thinking that we could take it for a test drive without all the lenses and filters first and go from there. Seems like a nice camera.

Originally Posted by cheepneezy
LOL Yeah, it's a good one.
Thanks.

Originally Posted by HeathrowGuy
ROTFLMAO!!!!
Until Lorena Bobbit comes along!

There was a Best Western commercial on and they're running some Camp Rock promotion. BLJR asked if we could stay at Best Western. I said n. She replied that if we stay 2 nights, she gets some Camp Rock crap free. I gave her a list of hotels we do stay at and said Best Western isn't on that list.
A monster you have created, she used your own logic againest you!!

Originally Posted by Olton Hall
I forgot, last week I used an ERJ lav for the first first time. I was surprised to find it was roomier than a 737 lav.
Yes, they are roomier than the first class lav on a 737, one thing that I can say is nice about the MD-88s and such flying on DL!!

I have my first set of upgrades with a companion coming up next month. This should be interesting.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Scott6067
A monster you have created, she used your own logic againest you!!
I know; I know! She and plus1's daughter have named their favorite hotel chain: W. I don't think I chose a favorite chain at either of their ages.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Fiancee just emailed the firm from whom she won a free "wedding design" package. In the email, she admits that she is too much of a control freak to yield to a third party.

Ahhhh, the sweet relief I take in her admission of having a control problem.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Scott6067
I have my first set of upgrades with a companion coming up next month. This should be interesting.
I hope it works out for you both!
Old Jul 22, 2010, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ConciergeMike
Fisncee just emailed the firm from whom she won a free "wedding design" package. In the email, she admits that she is too much of a control freak to yield to a third party.

Ahhhh, the sweet relief I take in her admission of having a control problem.
^
Old Jul 22, 2010, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Kenny and Ziggy's is going to be having a wine tasting dinner. Details to follow soon. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.